Addicted To Your Smiles

Cart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The days after were pretty much the same. School, work, rinse and repeat. However, Shuhua was still feeling shocked at the discovery of Miyeon's true identity. Sure, she probably could have suspected that a pretty 'Cho Miyeon who likes to sing' would be a celebrity (especially after Yuqi mentioned that there was an idol with that name). But really, who would think that they had actually helped an idol who stupidly tripped over nothing and ended up being friends with them?

Yuqi was also freaking out over it still. Shuhua had to threaten to stuff her best friend's mouth with a sock to shut her up about it and keep it a secret.

Like she said, Shuhua wasn't mad at Miyeon for keeping her identity a secret. But it would be a lie to say that she wasn't slightly nervous after finding out. Who wouldn't be? Not when Cho Miyeon was the epitome of beauty and talent. Who was she to be so close to such an existence? She knows she shouldn't think this way, but she couldn't help to have these thoughts.

Shuhua sighed as she put away some cups. She was on her late afternoon shift at the cafe and she was tired after serving a horde of rowdy university students.

Finally, those zombies are gone.

Shuhua rolled her eyes and placed the last cup on the rack, letting out a huff of relief. The cafe was quiet again, allowing the Taiwanese some time to rest at one of the tables. Resting her elbow on the table, she scrolled through her phone idly. She was in the middle of reading through a friend's Instagram post when a notification popped up.

From: Clumsy Unnie

Hey ShuShu~

I just finished practice! What about you? Whatcha up to?

Attached was a photo of Miyeon lying spreadeagle on the ground of the practice room with a towel on her face.

Unknowingly, a smile naturally grew on her face when she read the message.

To: Clumsy Unnie

Unnie~

Save me!!! Today was a busy day...I just served a group of rowdy students and I'm so tired T.T

I'm taking a break for now. I'm probably going to rest once shift ends at 4pm ><

Unnie you look like a starfish in the photo. You should rest too since you practiced so hard!

Send.

Immediately, the Taiwanese received a response that made her freeze up. Her eyes hovered over the short text as she felt her heartbeat quicken.

From: Clumsy Unnie

I'll really come and save you then. Wait for me.

Ahhh what is this unnie talking about. Dummy.

She snapped out of her thoughts when she heard more customers enter the store. Groaning, she thought to herself.

Here we go again.

----------

The Taiwanese was back at the table again for another break. Exhaustion was starting to seep into her system. Her eyes drooped every so often and she had to slap her face to stop herself from rubbing her eyes and going blind. Recently, her annoying professor decided to swarm his students with a bunch of ''compulsory extra reading'' that counts towards their class participation points. What the heck does ''compulsory extra reading'' even mean if it's supposed to be ''extra reading''?! It also didn't help that Chorong had an errand to run and she was left alone for a couple of hours (and during the busiest time too, tough luck) during her shift.

Just for a couple of minutes...

Shuhua shut her eyes and she could feel herself getting lighter, the cafe music slowly tuned out of her mind. Eventually, she blanked out, even missing the ringing of the cafe entrance.

A figure quietly entered the cafe and her eyes scanned the room before landing on the currently half-asleep barista. Taking a seat opposite to the Taiwanese, the figure took the time to admire the barista.

So cute.

After a couple of minutes, she decided that Shuhua needed to be woken up lest she risk getting fired.

A soft poke to the Taiwanese's cheeks.

''Wake up sleepyhead. Somebody's gonna get fired.''

Poke. Poke. Poke.

The Taiwanese was roused from her sleep by the annoying pokes, her eyebrows furrowing in annoyance.

''What the...hec-''

Fired? What is she talking about?

Oh ! I'm working!

Shuhua's eyes widened in panic and she flew out from her seat. Unfortunately for her, a certain singer was right in front of her and their heads collided with a loud knock.

''!''

''Ow!''

The Taiwanese clutched onto her head in pain and looked up, ''Miyeon unnie?!''.

The latter too, was in pain, rubbing her forehead in soothing circles to ease the aching on her forehead.

''Is your head made of rocks?! That hurt! You're supposed to be the angel here.'' whined the singer.

''Unnie you scared me! You deserved it, I thought I was really gonna get fired. Also, I got hurt too y'know?'' Shuhua crossed her arms and sulked.

''Aww I'm sorry, don't be mad. I bought you juice and some snacks. Forgive me?'' the singer stretched out the stuff she bought towards Shuhua and stared at her with the most innocent look she could pull off.

Shuhua's eyes lit up in delight at the sight of her favourite juice and snacks and Miyeon thought it was the most adorable sight ever.

''Okay unnie! I forgive you since you bought me yummy stuff!'', the Taiwanese cheekily grabbed the stuff from Miyeon.

"So what brings you here today? I didn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter