Things You Want to Eat (먹고 싶은)

Cart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Shu-shu, what's with the gloomy face?" a finger lightly pokes Shuhua's cheek. The younger girl looked like a deflated balloon. She was slouching with her head on the table staring absentmindedly at the wall.

A series of inaudible mumbles spilled out from the younger girl's mouth because her cheek was pressed against the table and her lazy speaking did nothing to help in articulating her words.

"Immmisssmyyhom anddddthefoooodthre......"

Miyeon being Miyeon, though, tried her best to decipher the mess. "You miss...myyhom? Mi...hommm...heom. MIYEON?! You miss me?" she exclaims as she jumps excitedly in her seat.

Despite the singer's enthusiasm at her apparent 'genius', the girl slouched beside her was not as amused and her self-celebration was stopped by a sharp pinch to her side.

Shuhua ignored the whines from the older girl but she figured that Miyeon wouldn't shut up unless she told her exactly. "I said," she sighs before continuing, "I miss my home and the food there." The Taiwanese pouts and Miyeon almost squeals at the adorable expression.

"Aww, the baby is homesick!" the singer cooed while patting Shuhua's head.

Shuhua shrugs her hand away, complaining that she wasn't a baby which only made Miyeon laugh more because of the way her cheeks were puffed up in the most non-threatening way ever.

Another pinch to her side made Miyeon yelp and the singer surrendered by raising her hands. "Alright alright, I'll stop!".

Satisfied with her reply, Shuhua repositions herself to lean on Miyeon's shoulder. Without much thought, Miyeon angles her neck so that Shuhua was comfortable, this motion done smoothly as if it was the most natural thing.

Miyeon's hand starts to Shuhua's head softly, "Shuhua, what do you wanna eat? Why not we go on a food date." Suddenly, Miyeon's hand stops midway as she panics at her choice of words. Did she blurt out "date" by accident?

Oh oh

"Date?" Shuhua turns her head slightly so that she was looking up directly into Miyeon's eyes. She was so close, Miyeon was sure that if she had enough time, she could count each eyelash on the younger girl's face. This was dangerous, she could feel her heart racing at their close proximity.

Miyeon turned away quickly and faked a cough, "Uhm, well, yeah y'know. Because food is nice and uhm dates are also nice."

"Not that I've been on many dates of course! Because I'm as single as a pringle!" the singer gestures wildly as the tone of her voice rises.

Her rambling was cut short by the soft giggles coming from her side, the younger girl burying her face into the crook of her neck to muffle her laughter. She softens at the sight but she still couldn't shake off the embarrassment and she's sure she's redder than the picture Minnie sent her of a baboon's . Miyeon rolls her eyes internally at the thought of the caption that Minnie sent her along with the picture.

[yo cho ramyeon! check out this baboon's red ! get it? ? hehhehehe. this is what you look like whenever we call Shuhua your girlfriend]

The singer crosses her arms childishly and huffs out annoyedly, "Yah...it's not funny!"

Shuhua speaks after calming down from her laughter, "Unnie." She clears and continues, "It won't be easy to find the food I want to eat to take me on a date y'know?"

There was a twinkle of mischief in her eye and Miyeon wasn't about to back down from a challenge. "Oh yea? Pfftt" she rummages through her back and pulls out a crumpled receipt from a bakery and a alligator patterned pen. She scribbles down something quickly as she speaks, "Write it all down for me." she slams both items down on the table confidently as if she wasn't having a mental breakdown just two seconds ago.

"things you want to eat" the crumpled receipt reads in a messy (but cute) handwriting. Shuhua picks up the pen in amusement and proceeds to write while shielding her words with her hand to prevent Miyeon from looking.

Miyeon raises her eyebrows, "Why are you even hiding? I'm gonna read it anyway." she points out. "Unnie, I don't need you to be smart with me right now." the younger girl shoots before shoving the piece of paper at Miyeon's face.

The singer snatches the paper from Shuhua and stares at it, confusion slowly building up when she realises that she can't read a single thing. "Wait a minute...it's all in Mandarin!! How am I supposed to read this?!" Miyeon points at the words exasperatedly.

"That sounds like a you problem."

Shuhua stood up and was gathering her stuff. Before the older girl could complain, she suddenly felt a warmth on her cheek as Shuhua softly turns her face so that they were facing each other directly. The singer's breath hitched when the younger girl leaned closer, her large doe eyes seemed to pull her in.

"I'll be looking forward to our date, Unnie." Shuhua taps the singer's cheek with her index finger. Still unable to process everything, Miyeon just nodded dumbfoundedly which made Shuhua snicker. The singer wasn't even sure if she actually heard Shuhua bid her goodbye because all she could hear was her own thundering heartbeat.

Did Shuhua just agree on a date with me?

Holy .
 


Fast-forward to a week later, Miyeon was running back and forth inside the dorm, making sure that everything was in place.

"Okay so this is the zong zi and then there's also that pork thingy..." Miyeon was mentally ticking off the checklist of food in her head. She had spent a good week trying to find the food that Shuhua wanted with the help of Yuqi who had translated the list for her. It wasn't difficult to get the Chinese girl to cooperate, Miyeon just had to tell her that she could get Soyeon to give her a lesson on songwriting. Which she suddenly remembers, she should tell Soyeon about it soon. Oops. It wasn't a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter