a piece of him.

Love for Sale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun grew more interested in the girl as time went by. Following her sudden reappearance last night, then leaving again the next second left him sightly curious. Though her life was practically publicized, he couldn’t help but cave into wanting to know more. A call suddenly came through from Mark, which only meant that something happened at the bar.

 

“Hello?” he answered the call.

 

“Boss, you should come over. It’s-“ 

 

“Byun Baekhyun!” a voice shouted over the phone. It didn’t even take him a second to recognize the voice before turning off his device immediately.

 

It was near closing hours, but one customer stayed behind. Mark sighed in relief when his boss came through the doors, since he was the only one who could help this customer out. 

 

“How long?” the owner asked.

 

“Two hours now,” Mark informed him.

 

Baekhyun sighed, making his way towards his highly intoxicated friend. Once sighted by Chanyeol, the friend pulled himself up right away to greet the owner with a hug. He froze, not knowing how to respond to a simple hug. But more specifically, their relationship had not been the same in a very long time.

 

“Have a drink with me,” Chanyeol slurred, holding up a bottle of alcohol before taking a sip.

 

“I miss you so much,” he continued, “I miss Haeyung too…”

 

Baekhyun’s body immediately twitched upon hearing her name being mentioned for the first time in so long. He would rather not be reminded of her to avoid spiraling down to that dark path again. Mark stepped away quietly to give the two some space, they both needed it.

 

“Stop drinking, you’re drunk.” He snatched the bottle out of Chanyeol’s grip.

 

“You know I stopped drinking for a year straight…after that day,” his friend revealed.

 

“If I wasn’t so drunk that night, Haeyung wouldn’t have to pick me up at that stupid company party!” he began shouting at Baekhyun.

 

“It’s all my fault,” Chanyeol broke down, slamming his fist against his chest aggressively.

 

As much as Baekhyun wanted to comfort him, a part of him still hold that resentment towards Chanyeol…and towards himself. If he didn’t pick up that night shift, he could’ve stopped her. It was something that he truly regretted until this day. There were so many could’ve and should’ve, but this was the reality that they both had to live with now. 

 

“I killed my own sister! I killed your girlfriend!” he continued to open up Baekhyun’s old wound. 

 

He couldn’t take it anymore as he took Chanyeol harshly by his shirt collar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter