Series of Misunderstandings

fwCHAIDsrd

It all started when Seungwan decided to go out with Hyejoo on the first day. She didn't have a chance to tell Joohyun the day before because the latter was fast asleep when Seungwan came out of the bathroom. So she just cuddled Joohyun and went to bed. On the day that she has to go out with Hyejoo, she woke up extra early with excitement filling her body. They agreed to meet at a nearby cafe to plan out the whole proposal.

Seungwan was more than elated because finally, after talking it out with herself and lots of support from her friends, she waa going to make Joohyun hers. Seeing Joohyun still fast asleep, she decided to leave a note on her side of the bed and before she left, she sneaked a kiss on the latter's cheeks while looking at her fondly. She set aside a strand of hair that was covering Joohyun's face and whispered, 'I hope you say yes.'

Approximately 10 minutes after Seungwan had left, Joohyun suddenly woke up because of the lack of warmth. Sure enough, as soon as she opened her eyes, expecting to see hee favourite person, she wasn't there. Joohyun hoped that the other was somewhere inside the apartment but when she saw the purple note left on the other's side of the bed, she knew that Seungwan wasn't there.

'I'm going out with Hyejoo. See you Hyun~'

Joohyun can't help the bitter face that suddenly appeared. Sure, she doesn't have any problem with Seungwan going out with anyone but she was expecting that the latter could have at least waken her up to say goodbye. Joohyun started to drown herself with many made up reasons as to why Seungwan didn't do so but the one reason that seems to be most appropriate (in Joohyun's mind) was that the latter was just that excited to go out.

This really messed up Joohyun's mind. She didn't want to think of it that way but when you're deeply in love, even the slightest change in your lover makes you wonder why. 

Series of Misunderstandings~ 

Seungwan decides to meet Hyejoo at a nearby cafe. They spent about 3 hours from 9 in the morning till noon to give the proposal planning some basic blueprint. Not much could be done in the short span of time so that was why they had to meet often and Seungwan, being the excited person she is, begged to meet Hyejoo everyday until the proposal planning comes to a perfection. Hyejoo, even though was really reluctant, didn't have the heart to decline Seungwan's pleads especially if Seungwan bribed her with food.

So that was why Seungwan went out with Hyejoo for 5 days continously, but did she tried to cover her reason of going out to Joohyun? If you asked Seungwan, she would say that she's already done her best to cover it up and that was good enough. (for her) Don't you just wonder what did she do to cover it up that she felt was a very good idea? 

SHE DODGED ALL OF JOOHYUN'S QUESTIONS. SHE DEADASS REPLIED EITHER WITH A HUM OR SHE JUST SHRUGS HER SHOULDERS AND BEING SECRETIVE WITH JOOHYUN.

That was what she did and if you asked Seungwan again, does she feel like that was a smart move, she'll give you an ear to ear smile while nodding. The problem is, she's not in Joohyun's shoes and that's why she doesn't understand the changes that she sees in Joohyun. The both of them were experiencing the other changing but rather than voicing it out, they made their own speculations. Fools~

Series of Misunderstandings~ (2)

On the first 3 days, Joohyun was still being rational with Seungwan's behaviour. That fateful 4th day's morning, as usual Joohyun and Seungwan were readying to go to the weekly fanclub meeting. She wanted to make small talks with Seungwan during their breakfast, she even volunteered to cook pancakes for them but her efforts was wasted when she gets little to almost no response from the latter.

"So Wan-ah, you have been busy lately haven't you. What are you up to?" Joohyun tried to talk with her roommate by stating what she has been noticing for the past few days. She was curious herself but she kind of had a hunch that the latter was with Hyejoo.

"Nothing much really." Seungwan responded while still eating her pancakes, not even making eye contact with Joohyun.

"Ah, I see. Is the pancake good?" Joohyun still tried her best to converse with Seungwan. Her brain was beginning to dry out of ideas to ask her roommate.

"Huh? Yeah... yeah." Again, just a mere response from Seungwan.

"Okay..." Joohyun was done in trying to talk with Seungwan. She just ate her pancake without saying anything.

The conversation was stopped abruptly. Joohyun didn't bother to keep the talk anymore. It has been like this for the past few days. Whenever she wanted to talk with Seungwan, the latter would just brush her off. They no longer spend the night together watching movies because Seungwan would always stare at her phone and plugged in her earphones. She no longer gives Joohyun to look at her phone freely and this upsets her. One day, she accidentally saw one of the videos that Seungwan was looking at. 'How to propose with confidence' was the title. Of course Seungwan didn't know Joohyun had saw it because she was too indulge in the video and she was wearing her earphones.

Series of Misunderstandings~ (3)

So ever since that night, Joohyun no longer excitedly tried to talk with Seungwan. Most of the times, it was just a mere acknowledgement of the other like a simple good morning or have you eaten. It was nothing more than that. Joohyun was slowly changing and it would be a lie to say Seungwan didn't notice it but on one night, Joohyun's change of behaviour was really hard to notice when all she did after coming back from the going out with Seulgi was going straight to bed. She didn't even say anything to Seungwan and even put a bolster between them. Although Seungwan did try to make small talks with Joohyun and remove the bolster, she didn't dare to persuade the latter anymore when she got a warning that went like this, "Can you not bother me Seungwan? And leave that bolster there." Oof, cold but to be frank, Seungwan did deserve it. Now, what happened on that day?

 

"Hyun, I'm going-" Her sentence was cut short by Joohyun. Of course, she was taken aback by the latter's action but decided to not ask her.

"Okay Wan." Joohyun replied not even bothering to ask anything more.

Silence, that was what invaded their room. Seungwan couldn't take it after being treated coldly so she tried to prolong the conversation.

"But, I didn't even get to finish my sentence." Seungwan said with a pout on her face.

"I couldn't care less Wan ah. Just go do whatever you want." Joohyun used a serious tone while saying that. She still hasn't lift up her face from the book she was reading.

"Hyun? What's wrong?" Seungwan noticing something was off with Joohyun decided to ask her. It wasn't her fault that she was this dense.

"Nothing's wrong. You better hurry up otherwise you'll be late. Don't want that special someone waiting." Joohyun closed her book and got up to go to bathroom.

"I don't think I quite understand what you're saying Hyun." Seungwan, who was now really confused with the latter's actions, again, asked Joohyun but this time it was a squeak because she knew Joohyun was really upset.

"Just go Wan." She said before closing the bathroom's door. She didn't even say good bye to the latter.

 

Well, it wasn't Joohyun's fault to assume that Seungwan was going out with Hyejoo since the latter has been doing so for the past 5 days. Not to mention that Hyejoo had secretly took a picture of Seungwan and posted with the caption 'Planning a proposal?' on her social media. It really wasn't her intention to cause that misinterpretation to Joohyun and she didn't even know that Joohyun was following her, plus, her account was private for fck's sake. Apparently Joohyun made another account just to follow Hyejoo. (Quite smart for an IT illeterate :3) So that was when the cold war almost, I repeat, almost at its peak. Three situations were the reason for it to come to its peak to be exact. With this one, being the first one.

Series of Misunderstandings (4) + The Cold War to Reach its Peak (1/3)

 

After the cold exchange of conversation during their breakfast, neither of them tried to say anything but of course their hearts said otherwise. Their minds won again over their hearts. Both hearts were aching, begging that they just opened their mouth to clear out the tension, hoping that maybe the other would see that they were hurting but of course their mouth didn't say anything because in the end, it's the brain that controls what you do. In this situation, the brain didn't want to follow what the heart say. So the both of their hearts cried in silence with ignorance being their mask.

Seungwan then left Joohyun to go to the library to actually meet her best friend, Rosé. At first, she wanted to meet Rosé to tell her all about her grand proposal planning that she had done wirh Hyejoo for 5 days straight but now, her intentions had completely change. As soon as she saw Rosé, she tried her best to muster up a smile that could maybe fool her best friend but Rosé could see right through her the moment she laid her eyes on the fake smile. She decided to not question Seungwan about the smile first, instead she embraced her in a hug.

The next thing she knew, Seungwan was already crying on her shoulders. Her words were incoherrent and she was bawling her eyes out. Seungwan didn't care whether they were at the library or not, her heart was really broken. Rosé patted her back and rubbed it softly. Then she took Seungwan's hand and guided her to a seat way far at the back. People were just looking at her including Yeri. The mischiveous younger girl slowly started approaching the two of them and sat quiet far but still able to hear little bits of conversation.

Joohyun, not knowing that Seungwan was here, decided to borrow a book to get her minds off of things but she just had to walk by Seungwan when she said, 'I don't love Joohyun'. Her heart was being ripped into pieces hearing those words, she kind of accepted the fact that Seungwan was in love with Hyejoo but to hear her saying that was just something that Joohyun didn't expect to hear. So immediately she pressed shuffle on her heartbreak playlist. If only, she had waited just a little bit longer to hear Seungwan explained herself to Rosé.

"Love is such an underrated word Chaeyoung-ah. What I feel for her, it's so much more than just love."

Series of Misunderstandings (5) + The Cold War to Reach Its Peaks (2/3)

Yeri seeing the mess unfolding in front of her, was frozen to her spot. She didn't know what to do. Was telling Joohyun what she heard is the best choice for now? Joohyun will never believe her because that woman is very persistent with her stand and Yeri didn't have any evidences to support her. What should she do? The only thing that came to mind was texting Sooyoung.

 

'Unnie, your girlfriend was right. Our epic plan has gotten way out of its course and I fear that we might not be uniting Wenrene but we're breaking them apart.' 11.09 am

'Yeri-ah, what's wrong?' 11.10 am

'You know how people say not to judge something if you're only there during the half of it? That's exactly what happened. Stupid Joohyun unnie heard Seungwan unnie said that she didn't love her but actually Seungwan unnie was just being poetic because after that she said loving her is such an underrated way to describe her feelings. I AM SO GODDAMN FRUSTRATED UNNIE T^T' 11.12 am.

'WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY ANYTHING?!?' 11.12 am.

'WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO UNNIE? I WASN'T EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE THERE.' 11.13 am.

'Yeri-ah, let's just let them figure out by themselves for a while. We've been interfering with relationship for quite some time now. Let's give them some time. I say, till the annual event?' 11.14 am.

'I guess so unnie~ Which reminds me, I need to ask Hyejoo to substitue me. My lecturer has been pestering me to finish the assignment she gave a month ago. She knew I was fhaid.hacc.baid's president and I swear she did this on purpose.' 11.17 am.

'Blame no one but your procastinating .' 11.20 a.m.

Sooyoung has been left on seen because Yeri clearly didn't want to let the older win. About Wenrene, Yeri just hopes that by all means, they'll be okay again before the annual event and if they don't, she'll have to in and come clean.

 

 

Now, what was Rosé's question that Seungwan instantly and without a single thought just answered with an 'I don't love Joohyun'? The thing is, being her best friend for years, Rosé wasn't shocked that Seungwan had said that because she didn't add an 'anymore' at the end of her sentence. Well, it was actually a really simple question but Seungwan, being the artistic person she is and the love that she had for literature, just had to put a twist in her sentence. The question that was given to Seungwan was this, 'How do you feel about Joohyun?'.

Soon, nearing her ending about her undying love that she had for Joohyun, tears started to form again in her eyes because she just remembered what took place in their room earlier this morning.

"Now, she's not the same anymore. We hardly talk to each other and when we do, we always end up with silence. I really want to make her mine Chaeyoung-ah." Seungwan was choking up on her words. Tears were dripping from her eyes almost like a waterfall. She's not used to them fighting like this.

"I know unnie, I do. I really don't know why she changed. Try retracing back your steps. Whenever I'm mad at Lisa, she'll do that. So why don't you give it a try." Rosé knew what she said was not really helpful but she decided to go with it anyway.

"Thanks and say hi to your girlfriend." Seungwan really didn't want to prolong the conversation anymore. Her eyes were already red and she felt heavy in her head.

"Cheer up okay unnie~ Go get your girl." Rosé gave a pat on the back while cheering up for her unnie.

"I will." Seungwan gently replied.

 

While all of this was happening, Joohyun did the same thing and was crying at Seulgi. The latter has never seen her unnie in this state before. As much as she wanted to hurt Seungwan, (we all know that she won't) she knew that Seungwan's feelings for Joohyun was strong. It cannot have faded just like that. Then, she remembered her girlfriend's prank. Knowing the DD group, even though they were mischiveous, they wouldn't have let things go this far. Now Seulgi can't help to wonder, why does this loving couple had to face so much for them to be official.

 

 

Back to Seungwan, she was now running as fast as her legs could carry her and as soon as she reached their room, there was Joohyun, watching the television. She looked just fine and seemed like nothing was wrong. Seungwan again being the person who can't judge a situation that well, took this as a good sign so she then acted as if nothing was wrong and went to the toilet.

Two thoughts from two different people were being processed at this moment. Both were far different from each other. It was as really the opposite.

'Maybe Hyun was having a rough day yesterday.'

'I guess, she finally is relieved she lets out everything in her chest.'

Series of Misunderstandings~ (6)

Seungwan wasn't one who likes to address issues that were not there so she liked to make up her own assumptions on the other person. Seeing Joohyun enjoying the television, she had make a conclusion that Joohyun was okay so she tried lightening up the mood after she was done in the toilet. She slowly went up to Joohyun and sat beside her. She was thinking of mentioning the annual event as a starting topic but as soon as she was about to open , Joohyun beat her to it.

"I'm not coming to tomorrow's meeting. I have plans." Joohyun calmly said, not even redirecting her eyes from the television.

"Then, I'm not going either. I'd rather spend my time with you." Seungwan said in a cheerful tone while trying to hold Joohyun's hand. She had missed her so much.

"I have things to do Wan, I won't be in the room. Just go Wan, Hyejoo will be waiting for you." Joohyun got up without giving a chance for Seungwan to slightly graze her hand.

"No Hyun, I promised that I'll accompany you and-" Seungwan didn't know why Hyejoo was suddenly in the conversation but she decided to ignore it. She wanted to persuade Joohyun but was stopped in the middle of the sentence.

"Stop it Wan. We both know that you'll be fine even without me." Joohyun coldly said while already climbing up on the bed.

"Hyun? Are you okay?" Seungwan innocently asked with concern.

"I'm going to go to bed. Good night Seungwan." Joohyun cut the conversation short before Seungwan could prolong it.

To say Seungwan was confused at Joohyun's behaviour was such an understatement, she was more than just confused. Seungwan didn't know what she did to piss of the other because Joohyun seemed okay while watching television but when Seungwan tried to initiate the first talk. Things took a sour turn.

'Hyun, I'm starting to have doubts on proposing to you.' She whispered to herself and heaved a long sigh. Joohyun has always been her lover ever since she step foot in the university and when they were fated to be roommates, Seungwan knew she was the luckiest person in the world. She got her long time crush as her roommate but it would be better if her crush was officially her girlfriend. After mustering up courage and asking for opinions from various people, she finally was almost at the end of the proposal planning and now this happened. She was no longer sure how Joohyun felt about her but one thing for sure is that her feelings never once died down for the other.

 

The next morning, Seungwan woke up to a sleeping Joohyun beside her. She had hopes that maybe, they could turn over a new leaf. She excitedly run to the bathroom and finished cleaning up herself in just 10 minutes but as soon as she walked out of the bathroom, there was not a single sight of Joohyun. A pout was slowly making its appearance on her face as she was walking to sit on the bed. She placed both of her hands on her lap. She just stared at it. 

"Why are you like this Hyun? What did I do?" Seungwan was talking to herself but little did she know, a certain Bae was hiding herself in their shared closet.

Suddenly, Seungwan was laughing out loud. 'Funny how tears are dropping when I don't even know how you feel about me Hyun.' She then wiped her eyes with her hands and walked out of their room. 

At the hall, Yeri and Hyejoo were already there. The moment they laid eyes on their sad unnie, they knew somethig was wrong in the Wenrene household. Yeri had already told the whole misunderstanding that happend at the library to Hyejoo. The only comment that she could give was, 'Why is Seungwan unnie's luck like this but it's also her fault for being this dense'

Regardless of saying that, she still felt pity for her unnie and so did Yeri. They went to Seungwan and the three of them sat together. None of them were saying anything. Usually it would be their ray of sunshine which was Seungwan but that ray wasn't there, there was only dark clouds. Yeri decided to start talking first.

"So, unnie, Hyejoo-ah , are you excited for the first phase of the annual event tonight?" Yeri tried to lighten up the mood by mentioning the annual event.

"I'm quite excited honestly." Hyejoo was the first one to reply. She regrets doing so because now Yeri was smiling from ear to ear and when she does that, that means trouble.

"Great then, be my substitute as the president of fhaid.hacc.baid." Yeri excitedly said to Hyejoo. Seungwan was just looking at her weirdly.

"You've got to be kidding me. I'm out of-" Just as Hyejoo was about to get up from her seat, Yeri snatched her arm.

"Please, Hyejoo, do it for me if not, do it for Seungwan unnie. If there's no representative fwCHAIDsrd won't reveal their face and you know how I'm so desperate to know who they are." Yeri was now pleading and giving her the puppy eyes, hoping that Hyejoo would fall for it.

"I... you... urgh... okay then. Is there any preparations or something?" Hyejoo decided to give in to Yeri because people were already looking at them weirdly.

"I've already put your name as my substitute and before the annual event, fwCHAIDsrd will find you and give a ring to mark that you and them is a group. Don't ask me, the univeristy set it that way and I've requested that they give it in front of me because you know... I'm actually the President :3" Yeri explained a little bit about what would happen before the annual event to the three of them. She can't sit still in her chair because the thought of finally knowing who fwCHAIDsrd is, was really exciting for her.

Seungwan suddenly took Hyejoo's right hand and put a ring on her ring finger with a smirk on her face. Both Hyejoo and Yeri's mouths were agape. They did not expect this to happen at all.

"UNNIE?!?" The two younger ones exclaimed.

From a corner, Joohyun was looking at the scene in front of her with tears already falling down. She wanted to join the meeting from afar but after seeing all of this, the only thing she wanted to do was go back to her room and packed.

'Seulgi-ah, can I stay in your room for a couple of days?' She then clicked the button send and walked away from the hall.

Series of Misunderstandings (7) + The Cold War Reaching Its Peak (3/3)

 

Later that evening, before Seungwan went back to her shared room, she stopped by at a mall to buy Joohyun a carrot cake, their dinner, and a plushed toy. She didn't want them to fight any longer because it tore her heart out. Everytime she was with Joohyun, she felt that the latter was there but only physically. She missed her Hyun so much. She planned to propose to Joohyun immediately after the cold treatment that they were in died down.

As soon as she reached their room, she saw Joohyun was packing her things and looking longily at their polaroid. Nervousness started to creep in Seungwan's body. She knew what it looked like but why? Why was Joohyun leaving her? Her conscience weren't telling her anything.

"Hyun? Are you leaving?" Her words were caught in . She really can't comprehend why this was happening when the proposal was just about a few days away.

"Yes Seungwan." Although Joohyun had been doing a great job at pretending she doesn't care, deep down it was all hurting too bad. Sure it was an act of the spur moment, but she can't keep having hopes on someone who loved someone else.

Seungwan just stared at the other person. She couldn't say anything at all. Nothing was making sense for her. Earlier this week, she was planning to propose to her lover but now her lover was leaving her? Where did it all go wrong? Why did they end up this way? 

Joohyun was about to pass through Seungwan when suddenly Seungwan was lightly holding her hand, begging her to explain and pleading her to stay but Joohyun has had enough with this push and pull game. She decided to raise the white flag and admitted defeat. She can't keep on doing this. Her heart had been put on the line so many times for Seungwan only for the latter to crush it.

"Tell me why Hyun. Why do you have to act this way when I was about to propose to you next week?" Seungwan weakly asked, not daring to look in her eyes because she knew it would just make the tears that was already threating to fall, flood.

"Cut the Seungwan ah. What kind of crap is that? I saw what you did just now Wan, in the hall. Everything made sense now. The sudden closeness, going out for 5 days straight, buying a ring. For 's sake Wan. I love you. I thought the feelings were mutual but I guess not when you put the ring on her finger. It's my fault anyway Wan. I was putting my hope on somebody that treated me nothing more as a friend but really Wan ah, that's such a ty thing to do. You gave me hope. Hope that we maybe, can be together but... forget it Wan. Congrats." Joohyun poured her heart out but didn't want to continue further because she still had to keep what is left of her pride and didn't want to look pathetic in front of her roommate.

"Hyun, you've got it all wrong. I don't love her at all Hyun, you're the one that I love." Seungwan was now looking in Joohyun's eyes, trying to search for something that was saying Joohyun might rethink her action but the Bae Joohyun had already put a shield from her. There was nothing left in her eyes or so Seungwan thought. Eyes could be decieving but the heart holds so much more. 

"Shut it Wan. If so, then where's your couple ring that you gave for the supposed coursework. You're not even wearing it Wan. Don't be selfish Seungwan." Joohyun was done with the banter between her and Seungwan. She just wanted to leave and think it all through.

"Hyun-" Seungwan tried to reason out with her lover but to no avail when she was cut short.

"Wan, you can't even answer my question Wan. Tell me Wan, where is your ing ring?" For the first time, Joohyun shot an intense glare to match Seungwan's eyes. At that moment Seungwan could see the barrier had been broken. Joohyun's eyes were a mixture of sadness, disappointed and above all heart broken. 

I just... hate you Son Seungwan. I really do." After saying those words, Joohyun left without looking back. Did she regret saying that? Of course. Did she wish she hadn't say that? Definitely. Can she do anything about it? No. 

After hearing the love of her life uttering those 3 words and seeing her leaving her, her life shattered. She spent hours crying herself to bed. That night she couldn't even sleep because she was thinking where did it all go downhill. She wanted to hear the 3 words that is 'I Love You' but instead she got 'I Hate You'. Guess she should have been more specific in her prayers when she wished Joohyun would tell her those 3 words.

It's been 13 days.

13 days since they last stole glances at each other.

13 days since that bitter memory took place.

13 days since they slept on the same bed.

13 days since they exchanged conversations.

And 13 days since the series of misundersandings happened.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

• Phewww, that's it for the Series of Misunderstandings~

• Damn, I wonder how Wenrene's going to be okay or maybe they might not be okay till the end *evil laugh

• Tadaaaa~ now you guys know who fwCHAIDsrd is~

• Feel free to comment anything :3

• Byeeee~ See you on the next update~ Thanks for reading <3 <3 <3