Seungwan & Joohyun

fwCHAIDsrd

People were giving her stares, weird ones but was she bothered by it? No. Nothing occupied her mind except for Bae Joohyun. She needed to find her ASAP.

As soon as Seungwan entered the hospital's door, she tried to take a hold of herself and be more composed. Although her heart was beating crazily rapid, she didn't want the nurses to kick her out especially since she looked very out of place with the heavy breathing and dishelved look from all the running that she had been doing.

"I'm looking for Bae Joohyun." She approached the counter and said very calmly because she knew being panic would never be of a good help especially in a situation like this. Although she looked relax but the concerned face, fingers tapping on the counter and sweat rolling down from her forehead indicated that she clearly wasn't and hell did the person behind the counter took such a long time searching for a Bae Joohyun.

"Ahh, Son Seungwan... You were in Joohyun's emergency contacts. We were about to call you but Kim Yerim had already done so. Joohyun is still in the emergency room. She took a lot of damage from the accident. My condolences Wan ah." The nurse which was Yongsun, one of Joohyun's friend was only able to give Seungwan a smile.

"Yongsun unnie...can she...make it?" Seungwan knew that her heart won't be able to take it if Yongsun really did answer her but she just needed to know.

"Seungwah ah, you know I can't say anything about that." Yongsun politely rejected to answer her question. She didn't want to hurt the younger's fragile heart.

"Unnie... please... I just need to know if she's okay or not." Seungwan pleaded with her eyes. All she really cared was Joohyun and she wanted answers to calm her uneasy heart.

"I really can't say anyth-" Yongsun was cut short by the anxious person in front of her.

"Then, I'll wait unnie, I don't care." Seungwan's eyes were very determined and even Yongsun who was older than her was quite intimidated.

"Okay... why don't you sit over there." The nurse finally gave in because she knew nothing would stop the younger one especially if it involves her lover.

The time was ticking, seconds turned to minutes and minutes turned to hours. The nurses there sometimes would offer Seungwan bread or any beverages because they can't bear seeing the cheerful medics student like this. Every now and then, the younger one would go to the counter and asked for any updates on her roommate and each time she gets a shake of the head as an answer.

Seungwan was worried sick about Joohyun so she couldn't sleep. Even though she was very tired but she didn't want to miss the moment when Joohyun will be transfered to a ward but the tiredness took over, so she dozed off for about half an hour. She was woken up by light taps on her shoulder. As soon as she opened her eyes, Yongsun gave her a smile.

"Joohyun has already been transfered to the ward, A-13 on the fifth floor. Go Seungwan ah." Yongsun informed the worried girl and patted the girl's shoulder as if to say 'Go get your girl.'

"Thank you unnie, I'll treat you to lunch sometimes." Seungwan only offered a smile to the nurse because she has been waiting to meet her lover ever since the day where the series of misunderstandings started.

Seungwan hurriedly ran to the elevator and pressed the fifth floor button. Upon reaching the ward, Seungwan held the bouquet of gardenia close to her heart and as soon as she slowly opened the door, she saw her lover laying still on the bed, not opening her eyes. Seungwan just stared at her from a distance, couldn't bring herself to go near her lover because she felt like it was her fault that Joohyun was in this state. Joohyun had bruises on her face and her right leg was put in a cast. After staring for a solid 5 minute, Seungwan slowly approached Joohyun's bed and sat at the seat beside her. She took her lover's hand and just carresed it. 

Her words were caught up in and tears were already at the edge of her eyes. She couldn't control herself when the first few drops started falling so she just let them fall freely. Seungwan sobbed while trying her best to explain herself towards an unconscious Joohyun.

"Hyun, in your letter, you asked me whether I remember the first day that we met. Of course I do Hyun. I've always seen your comments on my videos and believe me Hyun, I've fallen for you way before we even knew each other. I figured if I revealed my identity to you, you won't believe me and that I just wanted to be close to you. So I sought to be my own hater. I'm smart aren't I, Hyun?

Then Hyun, we were together as roommates... yeah your pickuplines were stupid and cringy but I loved it all especially this one Hyun, 'If our names, Irene and Wendy combined together, what will it be?' and I stupidly say Wenrene. Then you cutely shook your head and excitedly grin while saying "Nooooo, it will be our couple name~" I knew, my love for you grew so much.

You want to know something Hyun? My heart didn't choose Hyejoo. It never did. I was trying to plan the perfect proposal for you, you know... because... I just want everything to be... to your liking. Even if you may reject it but at least I tried my best on the proposal so that's why I didn't want to screw up anything. Hyejoo to me Hyun, is just a friend who helped me a lot in the planning. Once you wake up, let's meet her okay Hyun? I want you to meet the one who helped me gather the courage to propose to you.

Hyun... don't leave me yet Hyun. You promised me that when I become a doctor, you'll come and meet me at the hospital but not as a patient right so I guess that's why are you doing it to me now, huh? Because I'm not a doctor yet? You're evil Hyun. Do you know that? 

For the past 2 weeks, my life has been a ruckus Hyun. I have to be honest, even though sometimes your food might not be to my tongue's liking but I really missed your cookings. Most importantly, I missed your kisses Hyun. I know I know you thought that I didn't know about this but I did.

Hyun, I love you so much. Don't you want to hear it? Because I really want to say it to you when you wake up. So please do. For now Hyun, I'll already be putting your proposal ring on your finger okay? And make sure you give it back to me, so I can propose to you like how I planned. I really don't want to pull it off your hand forcefully. Okay Hyun?

I'll come by tomorrow again, with Yeri, Seulgi and Sooyoung. They all had things to do today but they did ask me for updates about you Hyun. They all love you Hyun, but I love you the most. Don't forget that.

I'll even bring my laptop so we can watch The Notebook together. You love it right? So hang in there Hyun~"

Sure, Seungwan acted like she was okay but deep down only heaven knows how she felt. Clouds of emptiness were feeling Seungwan's vacant heart. She didn't feel anything. As she was walking out of the hospital, she could only offer a half hearted smile towards the nurses. How can she not? She wasn't prepared for any of this when she decided to call Joohyun and meet her at the park. 

A few minutes later, Seungwan came back hurriedly and handed the bouquet of gardenias to Yongsun with a sheepish smile.

"Unnie, I forgot to leave this to Joohyun before I left, can you... like... give it to her?" Seungwan gently put the bouquet that she has been holding and bringing everywhere since the moment she left her room.

"Sure Seungwan ah, but why gardenias?" Yongsun asked with a puzzle face because usually roses would be a go-to-pick to give your loved ones.

"Gardenias represent forbidden love unnie. I really love her and... well... I definitely want to make her mine." Seungwan was shy to admit but nonetheless she still said it with confidence emitting from her small body.

"What did you do to deserve all this to happen to you, you lovesick fool? How can you be in love with such a cruel person." Yongsun wondered how can someone be so in love but so unlucky.

"Unnie, Joohyun's not evil, you can't control these things and even I don't know why I'm this unlucky, but you can never change the past so take care of her till I come back?" Seungwan didn't want to prolong the conversation anymore because she didn't want to cry in front of Yongsun. She had to be strong for Joohyun and for herself.

"Sure~ Are you sure you'll be fine? It's already late." She was worried for the younger one because Seungwan looked physically and mentally exhausted.

"I'll be oka-" Her words were cut short when Yongsun decided to intereupt her.

"Wait here, I'll call Byul and you go back together with her alright?" Yongsun didn't wait for an answer and quickky dialed Moonbyul's number.

"Unnie, that's no-" Seungwan wanted to decline the offer but she instantly shut up when Yongsun gave her a glare.

"Stay there Seungwan." She continued with her call.

Several minutes later, Moonbyul arrived and the both of them went back to the dorm but not before they had a stop at the conviniece store. Moonbyul did offer to buy Seungwan dinner but the latter politely rejected the other but immediately a few seconds, the silence in the car was interrupted with Seungwan's stomach grumbling, Moonbyul didn't wait any longer and took a turn to go to the convinience store.

Soon as Seungwan was in her room, all walls broke down. The tears that she had been trying to prevent from falling finally was freely dripping down from her eyes. It didn't help her that the first thing she saw the minute she sat on the bed was a polaroid of the both of them. All she wanted was to make Joohyun hers, how could everything took such a cruel turn.

 

 

~~~~~~~~

• Guysss, I'm feeling extra generous to break your hearts soooo the next chapter will be uploaded immediately after this.

• Feel free to comment anything~

• Thanks for readingggg <3 <3 <3