The Proposal

fwCHAIDsrd

 Early in the morning, Joohyun already sensed that something wasn't right but she was still half awaked so she decided to not pry and snuggled more to her girlfriend. As soon as her hands meet nothing but the bed, now that was when her question was answered. Her girlfriend wasn't there next to her so she groggily opened her eyes. The smile that could outshine the sun, that usually greets her every morning wasn't there but instead there was a note laying next to her. It was neatly glued on top of a plain box.

'Hyun ah, my love, don't panic okay? I just want to play a game with you on this fine day heehee :3. If you, Bae Joohyun chooses to accept this challenge, please proceed and open the box, if you choose not to then I will be sulking with you till the day you graduate. I'm serious Hyun (ಠ_ಠ). Figure everything out by yourself baby. I love you <3 <3 <3' Joohyun can't help the chuckle at the cuteness of her lover.

"Wan ah, why do you have to be so cute?" Joohyun then proceeded in opening the box and immediately her heart softened as soon as there was a letter and a bunch of flower petals in the box. She opened the letter and there was a handwritten note in it. Joohyun read the note several times and still was confused as if it was her first time reading it.

"What on earth? Damn, I'm gonna lose even on the first game. Seungwan and that y brain of hers, thinking that I can think the same way as she does. Gosh, what does this means? And we're out of coffee? Great." The riddle was stuck in her head. She was hoping that some caffeine might help her figure out the level one riddle but unlucky for her, that they suddenly ran out of coffee. Even though Joohyun is excited to take part in her lover's game, answering a very confusing riddle is really not her idea of morning activity.

Why is Joohyun already sighing and almost at the verge of giving up. Everyone who knows her would be shocked to see this side of her because it was a known fact that Bae Joohyun is very competitive especially in games. What did the note say  that made Joohyun became like this? 

'One table has it all, where many has been discovered as one, and we can be too, if you are willing to walk 6 steps.'

No wonder, Joohyun let out a heavy sigh. This riddle wasn't of any help at all but Joohyun wasn't going to give up. So she went to the table that they always sit together and walked 6 steps to the front, back, sideways, and any other possible ways that she could think of but still nothing. She tried jumping exactly 6 times in the hopes of maybe her lover hid something at the top of their cabinets but it was all useless. After minutes of thinking, she was finally at a dead end.

'Wan, can you be any more secretive? This riddle isn't helping at all. Plus we're all out of coffee, I can't think well without caffeine' Joohyun let out an exhasperated sigh because she really felt like it was no use and she didn't even have the cheats whereby you can go ask someone else. ( Like a lifeline ) So, Joohyun decided to wear a plain white shirt and Seungwan's jacket on top partnered with a pair of sweatpants and her hair in a bun to go to their favourite cafe.. 'I promise I'll continue thinking after I get my morning coffee.' In Joohyun's defence, it was still early and getting a cup of coffee first wouldn't be such a harm isn't it?

Finally arriving, there was an eerie feeling creeping up in Joohyun's body. There was only one table in the centre of the cafe and the lights were dimmed. Her heart and brain screamed at her to get the hell out of that place, for once her two vital organs were on the same page, but she wasn't fast enough because the door was now locked from the outside.

Suddenly a masked waitress was standing in front of the one and only table and while looking straight in Joohyun's eyes, she greeted her. "Miss Bae Joohyun, please sit here. Congratulations in figuring the answer to Seungwan's riddle, it was easy isn't it? Your breakfast is on the house. Enjoy." Then, she vanished to the back of the counter, leaving a dumbfounded Joohyun who was talking careful steps to sit at the table. The confused look never leaving her face but she still had the chance to whsiper to her heart, 'Pfttt, easy my ...' Questions were starting to form in her mind but what she really wanted to know was in what world did that clue meant the cafe. While she was busy thinking, little did she know that there was a small camera (not the CCTV(>y<)) was recording her. Few minutes later, her breakfast arrived and she sulkily ate it by herself. Of course she was thrilled about the whole game, but she hasn't seen even a glimpse of Seungwan and that upset her to no ends. 

As soon as she was about to leave, the masked waitress came again with another box and Joohyun knew that this was another clue from Seungwan but this time it was glued to a casset. Gosh, she wasn't ready at all. She relied on her brain in many occasions but it's as if today, one of the days that Joohyun needs it the most, her brain is betraying her. Sure enough as soon as she saw the second clue, she heaved a long sigh instantly. If the first clue was close to useless, this was triple the uselessness.

'Square your month then add letters that is seperated by t. Think outside of the world Hyun.' She knew that Seungwan was just teasing her.

At this point, Joohyun was ready to throw hands to her lover, what does the letter 's' and 'u' has to do with anything. She was wrecking her brain to come up with something that makes sense to the riddle but obviously she was failing miserably. Somewhere in the University, Seungwan was watching her lover from behind the montiors and falling more in love with her, "Hyun, I really hope you'll say yes." Seungwan kissed the ring that she was holding and keeping it back in the box. Joohyun's train of thoughts were interrupted when her phone was ringing. She needed something to get her mind of of the confusing clues that Seungwan was giving.

"Unnie, you've gotta help me. I can't find this book that I've been dying to read." Seulgi on the other side of the line was pleading and trying to make Joohyun pity her. Of course it was all Seungwan's plan and up till the very moment before Seulgi phoned Joohyun, she questioned herself, 'Why is it that I always get the job to distract unnie. It's okay Seulgi ah, you can do it. Joohyun unnie is not that scary.'

"Search for it in the library then?" Joohyun gave a solution to her bear like friend. Sure it was very sudden that Seulgi called her like this but since it was Seulgi, nothing was impossible with her.

"Can you come with me please?" Now that was the actual reason why Seulgi called. She knew that it was a 50-50 chance that it would work and she even said it to Seungwan but the assuring smile from the latter kind of calmed her down.

"Seulgi ah, I have this-" Joohyun's words were cut short by a desperate Kang Seulgi.

"Pleaseee unnie... It's just gonna be a short while. I promise." Although Joohyun can't see Seulgi, out of habit, Seulgi still did the puppy eyes (ÚwÚ)

"Fineee. Be there in 15 minutes." It's funny how she wanted to use the 'I'm busy figuring out this riddle' card but who was she kidding, it was light as day that she was stuck in figuring out Seungwan's riddle and again was very close to give up, might as well she helped her friend.

Joohyun kept the casset back in the box and headed to the library. She then tried calling Seungwan to tell her about her progress in the game, but her lover denied her call. A pout was already forming on her face but then she got a message from her lover.

"Baby whyyy? Is everything okay?" 10.37 a.m

"I don't like you. You didn't answer my call and your riddles are hard." 10.39 a.m 

"It'll ruin the surprise and it's going to be worth it okay? I love you <3" 10.39 a.m

"Only one heart? Good bye Seungwan ah." 10.40 a.m

"Babyyy, I'm sorry, I love you so so much <3 <3 <3" 10.40 a.m

" *Joohyun sent her a picture closing her eyes " 10.42 a.m

"You're so cute." 10.42 a.m

Joohyun knew that her lover must be busy in doing something but what she didn't know is that Seungwan was about to propose to her. Let's just keep it a surpirse from her for now. Few minutes later, she arrived at the library and Seulgi was already there waiting for her. She greeted her unnie with her famous bear llike smile and then they proceeded to enter the library. What caught Joohyun's attention was the big screen that was suddenly placed right in front of the counter and while she was too fixated with the screen Seulgi took this opportunity to run away and hide in between some bookshelves.

"Seulgi-ah... Seulgi?" She could feel the absence from the bear and the moment she was about to go search for the latter, she stopped in her tracks because she heard her lover's voice.

Seungwan suddenly popped up on the screen with the love sick stare that is reserved for the one and only Bae Joohyun. Then she proceeded with her plan. "Baby, can you give me your attention for a while? I swear Seulgi will be right by your side after this. Hyun, I have to come clean to you about some things. Don't be mad first and yes I did plan all of your movements because I knew that my riddles were hard. Our coffee suddenly out of stock when you just bought a new packet a few days back and Seulgi asking you to accompany her to the library. It was all planned out Hyun. Baby, I'm not sure what your reaction right now is but I pray that Seulgi can soothe your heart later, so to make it fair, this last riddle Hyun, I'll make it as simple as I can. 'Used by many for one purpose, for today, used by us still for one purpose only.' Good bye, baby, meet you there at 7p.m and when you reach home, there's a box waiting for you. I love you." Before the screen turned blank, Seungwan held the camera and did a kissy face.

"FOR ONCE I ING UNDERSTAND YOUR RIDDLE!!!" Joohyun was beyond excited that she didn't think of anything else and just ran straight out of the library's door to back to her room. Minutes after, only then she came back to search for Seulgi.

"Goshhh, Seulgi ah, I'm so sorry, I forgot about you." Joohyun scratched the back of her neck because obviously she was embarrased that she forgot about Seulgi.

"It's okay unnie. Go get yourself ready." It didn't surprise Seulgi that her unnie acted that way so with a warm smile she brushed it off.

Joohyun happily walked back to their shared room. Funny how Joohyun easily understood this clue in a matter of seconds. People were staring at her funnily because she had the happiest smile ever plastered on her goddess like face but they knew that the only person that had this effect on her was the one and only Son Seungwan, so they decided to let the woman be. Every one who locked eyes with her was greeted with the most cheerful hello from the Bae Joohyun, a very rare sight even to her close friends.

As soon as she set foot in the room, she hurriedly ran to the box that was neatly put on their bed. Obviously Seungwan had sneaked back in the room when she was out figuring out the other challenges. Her mood took a sudden 180° turn when there was nothing in the box except for an arrow pointing to the door. Few seconds later, there were knocks that immediately caught her attention.

"I'm coming." Joohyun with a confused look slowly heading to open the door. A smile immediately appeared on her face when her eyes locked with her lover's eyes.

"Take this. I'll meet you there at 7 p.m. I love you Hyun. Don't be late love!!!"  Seungwan handed Joohyun another box and stole a kiss on her lips.

"Wan ah, wait..." Joohyun didn't have time to process things and the next thing she knew, her lover wasn't there anymore.

In the blink of an eye, Seungwan had dissapeared somewhere into the corridor. Joohyun knew that calling her won't make her stop from whatever she was planning but it was worth to try. Soon after, when Joohyun had finally went back in the room, she opened the box and she was immediately in awe. There was a white elegant and ornate dress. Neatly placed beside it is a pendant box, it was one of the Swarovski's pendant collections.( I was picturing the ATTRACT SOUL NECKLACE, PINK, RHODIUM PLATED one, it's so beautiful T^T) Talk about Seungwan spoiling her girlfriend with jewelry and a fancy dress. Rich girlfriend behaviour. 

By that time, it was only 2 p.m but Joohyun was restless. She knew that she had 5 hours more till she meets Seungwan but goddamn she was a nervous as hell. She couldn't even take a nap not even for 30 minutes. She was pacing back and forth trying to figure out which heels and handbag match the dress and if that wasn't enough, she spent a whole freaking hour testing on different shades of lipstick on her hand. Then, a solid 45 minutes was wasted on picking perfume. Now, Joohyun is only left with an hour to get her makeup done, hair in the way she likes it and also to freshen up. Believe me that 60 minutes is not enough for a woman to do all that but Bae Joohyun wasn't a normal woman so that's why with 5 minutes to spare, she had already arrived at the place that she was supposed to. Woahh, talk about Super Sonic Speed.

As soon as she stepped closer to the door, it was automatically opened by two people that were wearing mask. It was actually just Sooyoung and Yeri :3

"Yah!!! Why are you all acting so mysterious? I know it's you-" Joohyun was about to smack the both of them but her hand stopped mid way when Hyejoo suddenly greeted her.

"Miss Bae Joohyun, fwCHAIDsrd is waiting for you. Please follow me." Hyejoo tried her best to stay in character. She almost loses herself when Joohyun was eyeing her up and down but luckily Joohyun didn't do that for long and just went on with it.

"Yeah, okay" Joohyun finally agreed. When the both of them are already far enough, the two 'masked' people can't hold in their laughter anymore. They were that close to spoil everything.

Hyejoo was leading Joohyun to a secret room in the hall. It was spacious and she was guessing that this is the place where Seungwan always records her videos. The light dimmed but Joohyun knew she was already in safe hands so she tried to maintain herself to not look that frightened but when a wall projector screener suddenly dropped down from the ceiling, that was when she let out a high note shreik ( like the one is RBB ) but the moment she saw the video that was playing in front of her, she was instantly captivated. It was a vlog type of video of the many dates that they went on together. There was the one where Joohyun stuttered for her dear life because she was a nervous wreck and then the funfair date where the two of them planned to meet together but the funny thing is, the date initially should've started at 7 p.m but the both of them spent 30 minutes waiting for each other at different booths. Turns out there were 2 cotton candy booth, the one that Joohyun liked was on the west side of the fun fair meanwhile Seungwan's favourite one was on the east. So for that part of the clip, the first few minutes was just a fast forwarded clip of Seungwan blabbering about how perfect Joohyun is, these two dates were just among of the dates in the video. Then it ended with another riddle, 'You are my world Hyun, close your eys and act like the world'.

"What do you... ah, spin counterclockwise, but I'd just be in the same spot wouldn't I? Since the world takes 24 hours to complete a rotation then maybe I should spin for 24 seconds. That makes sense doesn't it? Ughh, whatever..." Even though Joohyun finds it funny but she did it regardless she looked stupidly cute while counting till 24 with her eyes closed. As she was about to open her eyes, she heard a chuckle.

"You would end up at the same spot Hyun, except now I'm with you and on my knees." On the floor, there was Seungwan, with her knees and a ring on her hand. ( The ring I picture in my head is the SWAROVSKI LIFELONG HEART RING, WHITE MIXED METAL FINISH )

"Seungwan ah..." Words were caught in and she didn't get to say anything else because Seungwan stopped her. 

"No Hyun, it's not yet your turn to talk. My love, gosh this year had been one heck of a ride for me. Ever since that moment when you stepped in our room Hyun, my life isn't the same at all. I'm so glad that we were destined to become roommates. Do you remember the fun fair date? We're fools aren't we Hyun? You were already sulking while eating a cotton candy and you really looked like a pouty bunny. Love, I know that that night when I gave you my jacket, I won't get it back but and as funny as it sounds, I don't know how you didn't notice my allias's initial on the inside of the jacket. Anyways, in the fwCHAIDsrd's update when I accidentally snapped at you Hyun, the video was about Guinevere and Sir Lancelot's love, it was a forbidden love Hyun but their love was a tragedy but I'm hoping that our amour interdit lasts till forever Hyun. This is my first time doing a live and a premiere soon With fhaid.hacc.baid as our witness today, will you Bae Joohyun be my girlfriend? " Seungwan's heart was pounding, she was hella nervous but she wasn't going to let it show. For her, it was as if time stopped because Joohyun is really taking her time to give an answer. In Seungwan's mind, she was already readying herself for a possible rejection but then Joohyun held her cheeks so that their eyes met.

"Of course I will, let's make history, love." Immediately Seungwan went in for a deep kiss. None of them cared about the viewers. What matters is them and them only. Gosh, the anticipation before was killing Seungwan.

In front of thousands of people as their witness, Son Seungwan and Bae Joohyun finally became an official couple. 

'fwCHAIDsrd uploaded a new video (Amour Interdit)'

In the description of the video, 'Forbidden love or not, if it's you, then it's worth it.'

 

~~~~~~~~~~

• Guyssss, that's it for fwCHAIDsrd~ Damn I had lots of fun writing this story plus all the heartwarming comments that you guys gave. I can't believe it that I've finally finished this book. Honestly, it should've just been a oneshot but somehow it turned into a book :3

• If there's any of you wondering, the FIRST riddle, why is the answer cafe... that's because in the periodic table, calcium and ferum are 6 spaces apart and their symbols are Ca and Fe. For the SECOND one, squaring Joohyun's birthday month which is March (3²) will get September. So, there's two horoscopes (virgo and libra). As for the letters between 't', this needs to be referred on the keyboard. So you'll get libra-ry. The THIRD question is just logical thinking hehe :3

• So this is it, the ending of fwCHAIDsrd :( Till we meet againnn ~~~

• Byeee~~~ Thanks for reading <3 <3 <3