Joohyun & Seungwan

fwCHAIDsrd

There's always a moment in a day where the both of them, Seungwan and Joohyun wanted to text each other but what was stopping them? Ego and stubbornness. They wanted the other person to text first and it became a waiting game for the both of them but if it was only a waiting game then it might have been somewhat slightly better, but it involved with both of their hearts. The heart is something that can't and never can be predicted.

Out of the blue, on a Sunday morning, Joohyun's phone rang. She didn't have to look at her phone because the ringtone that was playing was the one that she set only for her lover. It was a specific tone for a specific person. Number 1 by Loona started ringing aloud in Joohyun's room.

Was Joohyun going to answer it? That question was filling Seungwan's mind. She just wanted a chance to clear things out especially after stumbling across a box that was neatly placed beside the ring box. There was no answer from the other person and after about 4 rings, Seungwan felt like giving up and ended the call when suddenly Joohyun picked up her phone. Seungwan panicked and her mind almost went haywire but she didn't want to screw things up. Not this time, not again.

Silence. Joohyun didn't say anything and neither did Seungwan but the latter was smarter and bolder this time, so she just went straight to the point.

"Hyun, I don't expect for you to agree meeting me but don't you think I deserve to explain myself? For all you know, it might just be misunderstandings Hyun. I'm not letting you go so easily. Just give me time to explain myself to you and I'll let you think whether it's reasonable or not. I'll wait for you at the park at 3.00pm." After that, Seungwan ended the call. Her heart was racing at a speed of 190 km/h. To say she was nervous is such an understatement.

Why did she suddenly wanted to call Joohyun and how did she come up with the conclusion that it might have all just been a series of misunderstandings? It was the box because inside it was a letter, and that letter said it all. Seungwan finally understood why Joohyun's demenour changed towards her after she had read it.

Now, what was in the said box? It was filled with all the polaroids of the both of them, the ones that Seungwan and Joohyun had taken together (their dates, candid photos and sceneries of places they've been together) and there was Joohyun's ring that Seungwan gave (the coursework ring) in it too. None of this was appealing to Seungwan except for the handwritten letter that had Joohyun's signature on it. The letter started like this.

'Dear Son Seungwan, my Wan and only,                                        Gosh, I know that sounded cheesy as hell but Wan, let me call you that for now. Do you still remember the first day that we met? Because I do :3 I've never told you this but actually Wan, I've fallen for you ever since. Remember the day where you were sitting with your best friend, Park Chaeyoung, I'm not sure whether you purposedly said it out loud or not but as soon as I walked near you, you said "fwCHAIDsrd's work is stupid." I swear to God, Wan, at that time, I was ready to start a fight with you and defended fwCHAIDsrd's name but you were goddamn gorgeous so I decided to let it go.

That happened late last semester didn't it Wan? Then this semester, bless whoever sets the room arrangement, we were destined as roommates. Although I disliked you because you threw unnecessary hate at fwCHAIDsrd, but slowly this feeling of not liking you took a 360⁰ change, Wan. I fell for you... hard... and at that moment, I knew I was ed up because I love you Wan. But why was I ed up? That, I couldn't understand.

I was afraid at first Wan, but when I started to court you by giving you stupid pickuplines, you didn't have any bad reactions. I pushed my luck further and I made it a mission to make you fall for me and honestly, I felt like I succeeded Wan. Didn't I? I really thought I did.

'The heart works on its own, it has its own brain'

Even though you were a medics student, you always believed in that line didn't you? Well I guess, it is true then. I just want an answer from you. What happened to us? You used to be so attentive to me, showered me with love and above all, I was your top priority. It's not your fault Wan, the heart wants what it wants. Mine wanted you and yours wanted Hyejoo.

You slowly drifted away from me. I would appreciate it better if you just straight up said that you loved someone Seungwan ah. Why did you have to act so cold to me? The 5 days straight of going out together and when you come home, you start acting all defensive and secretive. You know what hurts most Wan? The lack of response you give. 

I knew you had it for her the moment you went out and bought a ring together with her. I made up many excuses to soothe my aching heart but who was I to lie? It was obvious. Why else would you go with her? Then I saw Hyejoo uploading that picture of yours in deep thinking with the caption something about proposal, I was more than heartbroken. Now, let's forward to the day you gave her a ring. That really shattered my fragile heart.

Maybe I was too forceful on you that my intentions of liking you creeped you out? And maybe that's why you didn't even bother to tell me about these blossoming feelings that you had for her? I'm sorry Seungwan. 

I know things will be awkward as soon as you read this so after the second part of the annual event where fwCHAIDsrd actually reveal their identity, I will request for a room exchange to the administrators. At least when you look at them, hopefully you'll remember that I dragged you to fhaid.hacc.baid meeting :3.

 Again, as a friend, congratulations for your relationsip and tell Hyejoo that I will hunt her if she hurts you. Good bye Seungwan, Hyejoo's only Wan.

 

Yours truly,

Bae Joohyun."

And that was how the letter ended. As soon as Seungwan finished reading the letter, tears were streaming from her face as she slowly muttered, ", how can someone be so unlucky to be where I am now. I've got to make things right with Hyun. I messed up once for being stupid and I'm not going to do that again." 

That is the story why Seungwan is now fidgetting alone in a seat at the park with a bouquet of gardenia in hand. It was already 3.00 pm, but there were no sights of Joohyun. The latter has never been late whenever she has to meet up with Seungwan, so when she still hasn't arrive 15 minutes later, Seungwan started to feel restless. She tried dialling and calling Joohyun's number multiple times but no one answered. Sure she left about a 3 minute gap in between the calling time and that was more than enough time for Joohyun to check her phone, but still no answers from her.

When Seungwan was about to call again, Joohyun's name popped up on her phone screen. She was ready to hear something like, 'Wan, I don't think I want to see you' or 'I won't come, you better go home' but nothing prepared her for what was coming.

"Unnie, are you sitting?" Yeri's voice slowly and calmly started to talk on the other end.

"Yeri ah, why do you have Joohyun's phone? Where is she?" Seungwan didn't have time to play games. She just wanted to know where her Joohyun is.

"Unnie, sit first." Yeri was using her strict tone but obviously failing because her voice was slightly trembling.

"I am Yeri ah. Why? Tell me now. Straight to the point." Of course she wasn't sitting but there's no harm in lying. Plus, she really didn't want to waste a single second anymore. Her eyes were frantically searching for anyone who might look either like Yeri or Joohyun at the park but to no avail.

"Joohyun unnie should have meet you half an hour ago right, at the park?" Yeri slowly approached the subjet of the topic which was Joohyun.

"And?" By this moment, Seungwan was really on edge while talking to Yeri. She demanded for answers and she wanted it then and there.

"Unnie... calm-" Yeri was still trying to be the more composed person between the two. She didn't know that she was making Seungwan very upset and the latter was already at the verge of tears.

"My lord, please just get to the point Yeri, my mind has already making tons of scenarios. Tell me she got lost Yeri. I'll go and find her. Please..." Seungwan's voice was shaky. She didn't had it in her to be cool anymore, not when it involved her Joohyun.

"Unnie, she got hit by a car. I was at the University's Hospital for my assignment and I saw-" Yeri was cut short in the middle of her explaination when she heard the line was already disconnected.

Seungwan didn't wait any longer. She ended the call immediately and ran to the hospital. It was far if one would go there by feet but Seungwan couldn't have cared less. What's important right now is Joohyun, her Joohyun. Nothing else mattered. Not the distance from the park to the hospital, not the tiredness of running and most certainly not the awkward stares that people are throwing at her.

"Hyun, you can't go yet Hyun. I haven't even proposed to you. You've seen the ring box haven't you Hyun, don't you want to wear the ring?" Seungwan prayed and prayed with all her might that she's not too late, that Joohyun's injury is not that severe and that this was just a nightmare.

But nightmares don't happen in real life. Well, that pill is one that Seungwan finds very hard to swallow. 

 

 

~~~~~~~

 

• ⁰0⁰? What just happened there? :3

• That's it for this updateee guyss~ 

• As usual, feel free to comment anything ʘ‿ʘ

• Byeeee~ See you on the next updateeee~ Thanks for readinggg <3 <3 <3