A Couple?

fwCHAIDsrd

Seungwan left the still pouting Joohyun alone and headed to the bathroom. She purposedly took an even longer time in the bathroom hoping that Joohyun would already fallen asleep by now. After almost 40 minutes in the bathroom, she opened the door slowly and peeped through the slightly ajar door. There was no sight of Joohyun anywhere. The concerned side of Seungwan won the best of her so she decided to open the door much more bigger than the first time and poked her head out. There was still no sight of Joohyun.

 

"Who are you searching for Wan?" There, on the floor beside the bathroom, sat a pouting Bae Joohyun.

 

Guilt flooded throughout her whole body. Knowing Joohyun and her hate towards conflict, Seungwan knew she shouldn't have left her like that but she just hates to adress a conflict but this time she won't chicken out. Joohyun deserves an explaination about the whole snapping event.

 

"I was searching for you Hyun, come on, let's talk on the bed. I miss you." Seungwan walked out of the bathroom and stood in front of Joohyun while smiling cheekily.

 

"Oh, so now you miss me? I bet you didn't miss me at all while hiding in the bathroom did you? I won't go on the bed. This is my spot from now on. It's Bae Joohyun vs. Son Seungwan. I'm declaring war against you." Joohyun was crossing her hands across her chest while saying this with a deadass serious tone. If Seungwan didn't know Joohyun any better, she'd definitely take this as a threat but after being her roommate for months now, she knew it was just Joohyun being clingy.

 

"Hyun~ If you won't go on the bed, then I'll carry you. We both know that I'm capable of doing that." Seungwan was now crouching down so that she'd be on eye level with Joohyun. It was as if she was talking to a child. She loved this side of Joohyun.

 

"I don't care. You can do whatever- YAHHH... SEUNGWAN-AH, PUT ME DOWN RIGHT NOW." In a matter of seconds, Joohyun who was peacefully protesting on the floor was now way high up, but she was now in the arms of Seungwan. Eventhough, she screamed at Seungwan to put her down, the little voice in her heart begged to be held like this for a longer time.

 

Seungwan who was still holding her in a bridal style, did a few spins while holding her tight, afraid that Joohyun might slip. Finally after retaliations and several lines that go 'I'm gonna puke Wan-ah", Seungwan gently put Joohyun on their bed. After giving Joohyun her favourite heart shaped pillow (as to say that she's sorry for spinning her around), Seungwan sat in front of Joohyun.

 

Anyone who sees this would say they're a couple of lovers but then Wenrene would always correct them by saying a couple of best friends. Sometimes, in a battle between following your heart or brain. It's best to use the first option because not all things need rational explaination but this couple, they chose to follow the latter. Cowards~

 

Seungwan was taking quite some time to catch her breathe and be comfortable, and when she finally does, she heard her roommate breaking the silence.

 

"I'm not gonna talk to you first if that's what you're hoping for." Joohyun still tired to mantain her ego but upon doing so, she sounded foolishly cute. Seungwan can't help but to chuckle at the scene playing in front of her.

 

"What are you laughing at?" This time, Seungwan knew that it was best to stop laughing especially if Joohyun starts to talk in that specific tone. Although the situation was very serious, Seungwan can't hide the smile that's slowly appearing on her face.

 

"Hyun, you do realise that you talked to me first. Not once but twice, even though you said you didn't want to? Why are you so cute Hyun?" Seungwan cupped her cheeks but was instantly pushed away by Joohyun. She was not going to let Seungwan woo her way out that easily. 

 

Silence filled the whole room. By now, Seungwan knew she was in a dire situation and had to fix it ASAP. As much as she hated fwCHAIDsrd for ruining her initial plan with Joohyun, she hated herself much more for letting Joohyun believed that it was her fault that caused the fight. To be honest, it really wasn't fully Seungwan's fault to blame. All those pent up emotions and the frustration of wanting more but was afraid that it would jeopardize what they have now, it was all getting into her head. However, was it Joohyun's fault then? Not quite either because it wasn't her fault that she can't read minds.

 

The silence was too long for Joohyun, that she decided to ask Seungwan a question that she had always wanted to.

 

"Wan, why do you hate fwCHAIDsrd so much? Sure, you have a point with the name but other than that, their videos are quite good. Their video covers a lot of stuff from knowledge, personal thoughts and sometimes love. They're romantic too because there's a video whereby they composed a song for their crush. For heaven's sake, they even sent you an email to be the singer of the song and you, Seungwan-ah, the one who supposedly hates them, agreed to do it. I don't get it why you snapped when I wanted to watch a 15 minute video." Joohyun let out her frustration in one blow and ended it with a pout. She just can't create any good reason why Seungwan snapped at her earlier before.

 

"In my defence, I think the song is quite cute. It's about fighting for forbidden love which I honestly feel worth pushing my hatred aside to sing the song. Maybe hatred is quite a strong word. I feel like massive dislike suits  the situation better. Hyun, I'm sorry for snapping at you when all you wanted was to watch their video but you have to admit, after watching the video, you'd spend lots of time fangirling in the 'fhaid.hacc.baid' group chat and it could get up to hours. I just wanted to spend some time together with you Hyun. I know I should've been more ratio-" Her short sorry speech was cut short when a certain Bae Joohyun lunged herself forward and hugged Seungwan. Thank goodness, Seungwan's reflex is as fast as her brain to masquerade the real reason why she snapped earlier.

 

"I hate you, you could've just said so. You made me wonder all day." Joohyun never letting go of Seungwan, just layed her head on the latter's shoulder while pouting.

 

Seungwan straightened the both of them so that they can continue to resolve their fight. Letting your crush lay on you is not a really comfortable position especially if your crush is Bae Joohyun. The amount of times your heart would go into panic mode is not actually, that healthy for a human being.

 

"I'm sorry Hyun, what can I do to make it up to you? I'll do anything to cheer you up, I'll cook everyday for you or you can choose the movies whenever we have a movie night. Please Hyun~ but Hyun, you won't get any aegyos from me anymore. Go ask from fwCHAIDsrd" Seungwan was still being bitter about her rejected aegyos but nonetheless she made sure that Joohyun knew she's way more sorry than bitter.

 

"I have a better idea in mind. Accompany me to all the fanclub meetings until the annual event and to make it fair, we'l have an ice cream date after the meetings. By the way Wan, you can't be stingy with aegyos, I'm the one that was hurt so no, you can't have a say on your aegyos. I want Wan's aegyos. So, do we have a deal?" Irene wasn't playing when she's in her demanding mode. 

 

Seungwan didn't really say anything or to be exact she didn't dare to say anything. The only thing she did was having a monologue with herself...

 ', there's no way I'm getting out this time. Might as well, I make the most of it. At least I get to spend more time with her.'

 

Although Seungwan had doubts in her heart and was a little bit reluctant, she knew that it was best to just follow Irene. After all, this was the least that she could do after the late morning event. Even until now, she's still taken aback by how she reacted towards Joohyun. Maybe, just maybe, she's more frustrated with whatever they were than she realised.

 

A few moments of 'thinking', Seungwan finally spoke up, "I guess I don't really have a choice now do I? But you still won't get any aegyos until you ask for fwCHAIDsrd's."  Seungwan still was unable to accept her aegyos' defeat against fwCHAIDsrd's update.

 

"I guess that's fair for now. The next meeting will be tomorrow. God, I can't wait to introduce you to the club, the President and my friends. We'll have such a great time, I promise you. You'll be a fan in no time. Their videos will captivate your heart in a matter of seconds." Joohyun was so proud and confident as if she was bragging about her own achievements.

 

"Well, aren't you so confident?" Seungwan decided to challenge her confidence while wiggling her eyebrows. She just loves to roommate so much.

 

"I just know you'll love it." Joohyun said with a pleased and satisfied smile. To be honest, she wasn't just glad about Seungwan agreeing to accompany her to the meetings because who was she to fool, that was obviously just an excuse to spend more time together, in fact she was more glad that they're okay again. So her chants did work after all.

'If she's this happy about dragging me to the fanclub, might as well I do it for the sake of her. The smile that comes after is worth it.' Seungwan smiled.

 

She then positioned the both of them so that they'll be laying down on their bed. Seungwan being the big spoon, cuddle Joohyun as if to say, to never let go.

 

"Wan-ah, wait, I cooked dinner for the both of us." Joohyun was already trying to get out of Seungwan's hold but to no avail since Seungwan tighten her grip. "Let's just sleep Hyun, we'll reheat it in the morning, I'm already so comfortable like this. Unless... unless you, Hyun, if you haven't eaten, we can, you know, get up and - " Seungwan was already a rambling mess and as she was about to let go of her hold, Joohyun held her hand tightly, "I'm not hungry Wan, let's go back to bed." Joohyun gave her a warm smile before laying down again. A moment after Seungwan followed suit with a grin plastered on her face.

 

Whether Joohyun is telling the truth or not, let that be a query to Seungwan and to all of us, except for the author :3 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~

• That's it for today guys~ Just a fluff update for all of you who's a Wenrene fluff er like myself.

• Maybe some of you thought that they'll be official in this chapter but sike heehee~ They are a couple, a couple of best friends T^T for now :3

• Byeeee~ See you on the next update~ Thanks for reading~