Rings

fwCHAIDsrd

"Hyun... Hyun..." Seungwan said Joohyun's name very cautiously and tried to hold her hand.

"It's Bae Joohyun." Joohyun swiped away her hand while giving her an annoyed face. She refused to look at Seungwan's puppy eyes.

"Hyun, I'm sorry Hyun, I had to." Seungwan tried to sound sorry as ever and sincere but she can't help to stiffle a laugh.

"Was it really necessary to do that? You broke my heart Wan. It's not just broken, it's shattered into a million pieces." She was clearly being overdramatic but she can't help it to be sensitive. Guess Seulgi was right about Uno being a frustrating game.

"Hyun, the +4 card was the only one that I have left." Seungwan tried to reason out why she had to give Joohyun the most deadliest card when she was just a card away from winning the game.

"But still... you could have-" Joohyun wasn't able to finish her sentence when she saw Seungwan's loving stare at her.

She then took the cards that was left on Joohyun's hands and put it on the table. She got up and went to Joohyun's side. Immediately she wrapped her arms around Joohyun and rested her head on Joohyun's shoulder. She started to hum a tune that was unfamiliar for the latter but nonetheless the both of them still enjoyed that sweet moment.

"Hyun, jokes aside, can I be a little serious with you Hyun?"

Hearing this, Joohyun's heartbeat was beating so loudly and fast. She could feel the nervousness slowly starting to fill inside her body. She wasn't used to this side of Seungwan so she can't help the concerned and worried look that was starting to form on her face but she still managed to give a nod.

"Hyun, don't scrunch your eyebrows. I just want your opinion on this. Hmm... so there's these two rings that I find very beautiful and I was hoping that you could help me choose." Seungwan gave Joohyun a warm smile but actually her heart was beating loudly, hoping that the latter won't catch on.

"For a while there, I thought it was something really serious. Don't scare me like that." Joohyun wasn't relieved at all. To be honest, she was more restless than ever because she kept on asking herself who was Seungwan going to give the ring to.

"It is serious Hyun, I'm planning on giving this to the one who stole my heart." Seungwan said admirably while staring at Joohyun's eyes. The intensity in those even made Irene shivered. Well that's something for a change.

Joohyun's heart maybe stopped for second. She was eager but very nervous to ask who that said person was. After dwelling with the pros and cons, she braved herself and asked Seungwan who the lucky person is. 

"Nooo, I can't tell you Hyun, but I'll give you a hint, that person's name starts with an 'I'... I won't tell you~ Heehee :3" Seungwan proudly smile while saying this. Joohyun was already bracing herself for two outcomes, either sadness or happiness but one she didn't prepare was irritaion, and that was what she felt right now. Pure irritation.

"I'm sorry Hyun, but I really can't tell you~ anyways, ready to pick your choice?" Seungwan took a catalog of rings and gave it to Joohyun. She had already circled two of her best choice in her mind and she's now anticipating Joohyun's choice.

"Wan, you said you've selected two?" Joohyun was searching any two rings in the catalogue that Seungwan maybe had marked or circled but there were none.

"Yeah... but I want to know your choice Hyun. Feel free to choose anything." Seungwan replied with a calm face.

What surprised Seungwan was Joohyun's choice. She chose the first ring that Seungwan had canceled in her mind. She knew that this type was definitely wasn't Joohyun's choice, so she wondered why. Seungwan just shot a questioning look and raised an eyebrow, her face did all the job. Luckily, Joohyun caught on.

"I just feel like it's pretty." Joohyun said while distancing herself a little bit from Seungwan. Truth be told, she just chose the most hideous one she could find because even though she didn't know this person that Seungwan was going to give to. She just had this slight grudge on her. Well that's a pity because when Seungwan finally proposes to her, then she'd get this hideous ring to wear for her whole life~

"Hmm... okay Hyun~" Eventhough Seungwan is kind of slow to catch up on hints sometimes but this one was evident. She knew that Joohyun was just choosing the ugly one intentionally but what was the reason? Seungwan hadn't got a clue. 

(Because she loves you ) *at this point even the author is frustrated with these two lovebirds (⁎˃ᆺ˂)

"Hyun, I need to get ready because I'll go with Hyejoo to the jewelry shop. Byeee Hyun~" Then Seungwan hurriedly entered their bathroom. She was rushing to the toilet because honestly she had a stomach ache and it needed to be setlled quickly but a certain someone mistakenly assumed her action of rushing to the toilet means that she's excited to go out with Hyejoo.

'Ahhh, you're that happy to go and shop a ring with her.' Joohyun whispered sullenly to herself but that thought immediately vanished when her brain suggested that she was just over analysing the situation.

'She did say she was comfortable with Hyejoo and who's to say that the ring is for her. If it is for her then it won't be a surprise if she's accompanying Wan to buy it. Yeah... it isn't for her. I still have a chance.' All of a sudden, Joohyun was feeling very motivated as if she was hit by this wind of motivation.

 

 

15 minutes later, Seungwan was already out of the bathroom, neatly dressed and as soon as she sat eyes on the bed, she was greeted with a pouty Bae Joohyun. She could see that the latter was in deep thinking and as seconds pass by the pout become more and more evident. Seungwan sneakily took a picture and note in mind that she'll stop at a photography shop to print this picture as a polaroid. She plans on using this picture as one of the pictures to propose to Joohyun. (Let's just skip the proposal planning for now ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )

"Hyun, are you oka-" Seungwan didn't have the chance to finish her sentence because she was interrupted by the pouty girl.

"Why can't I come with?" Joohyun looked at Seungwan's eyes. Trying her best to persuade the latter into letting her accompany her instead of Hyejoo.

"Hyun, would you like it if we go out the three of us?" Seungwan intentionally asked that question because she knew Joohyun hated when there was a third wheel between them.

"..." Silence greeted the both of them.

"Hyunnn~ it'll just be a short whi-" Again, Seungwan was interrupted by the same person.

"I was the one who chose the ring, so I feel like I should be the one there." Joohyun still didn't want to back down from the conversation.

"I can just choose another one Hyun, your reason of claiming you have a right to go is really not that strong." Seungwan had a cocky grin on her face because she knew she had won the argument.

Joohyun was mumbling incoherrent words, maybe she was retaliating or maybe she was cursing, no one will ever know.

Seungwan neared the pouty girl and said this with a smirk across her face. "Plus Hyun, it won't be a surprise if you come." She then kissed Joohyun's cheeks and ran straight to the door, not forgetting to shout a 'bye~' before leaving.

Joohyun who was still on the bed, sat there feeling very shocked. She slowly held her cheeks which was redder than a tomato and got up to do a little victory dance when suddenly she shouted at the top of her lungs.

'SHE FCKING KISSED ME ON THE CHEEKS! I AM SOOO WINNING IN LIFE! THIS SIDE OF THE CHEEK WILL NEVER BE WASHED FOREVAH!!!'

(If being kissed on the cheeks by Seungwan makes her feel like she had already win in life, wait till they share a kiss on the lips (〃ω〃) )

 

 

At the jewelry shop, Hyejoo and Seungwan were inspecting very closely at the rings. Hyejoo was kind of tired already because the latter was having such a hard time picking one.

"Hyejoo-ah, you don't understand. I need it to be perfect. She's the love of my life and I really want our rings to fit." Seungwan heaved a sigh that she has been keeping in her. She didn't care if it would take hours to choose the ring because it's gonna be worth it if it's for Joohyun.

"But you did already check the size haven't you unnie and you know her taste at the back of your hand. So what's stopping you?" Hyejoo asked her seriously with an eyebrow raised.

"Maybe, it's the fact that she's just so perfect, and I want the ring to be perfect as well." Seungwan replied while thinking of a certain person in her mind.

"Awh, you hopelessly romantic fool. It's okay, I'll wait." Hyejoo then hugged Seungwan while offering her the most gentle smile she could give. She knew how much Joohyun meant to Seungwan and she just really hopes that doesn't happen the other way. 

'Click'     'Click'

 

 

Back to the other lovesick person, she decided to grab a pizza in the University's cafe. As she was drinking, she kind of had the feeling that several eyes were on her but being the unbothered queen she is, she just ignored all of them. When suddenly, the University's main sns account uploaded a picture with the caption. 

'A New Couple In The Making? What Happened to WenRene? Is it HyeWan now?'

'Ahhh, so this is why people have been staring at me... I hope your soul is just blessed enough Wan-ah' Joohyun had a monologue with herself and was readying to leave the cafe. She switched off her phone but didn't forget to leave a like on the picture.

 

 

Somewhere on the other side of the University, a student was being scolded by her two seniors.

"Why did you come up with such headline? I've said to you before and this will be the last time, we do not mess with the Univeristy's couple. Got it?" 

It was a rare sight to see Yeri, the childish and playful person being angry and strict to a junior. Even though she likes to prank her unnies and she even made an epic plan along side Sooyoung to make Joohyun and Seungwan a couple, she really hated when people messed with any of them. These were the people that Yeri hold dearly to her heart, Joohyun, Seungwan, Seulgi and Sooyoung. So when a junior who's a reporter in the University posted a very controversial picture and caption, she flipped.

"Yeri-ah..." Sooyoung decided to in.

"What is it unnie?" Yeri looked at Sooyoung, clearly didn't want to be interrupted if it isn't something important.

"Joohyun unnie just liked the picture. Look at it." Sooyoung showed her phone at Yeri.

"I'm dead. You're dead. Seungwan unnie's dead. Hyejoo's dead. We're all dead. Thanks a lot Yuqi-ah." She said sarcastically but deep down she was a little bit worried.

"I just thought it was cute and an interesting news. You know with them suddenly being close around the university." Yuqi said with a shrunken voice. She really didn't expect her senior to act this way. When she saw Hyejoo and Seungwan together, she just thought that it was a juicy story. 

"I know, I know... I don't blame you either. Just change the headline to something more decent okay?" Yeri decided to use a soft voice because she knew she was wrong to lash out on the younger one.

"Okay unnie~" Yuqi said with a bright smile. She knew that putting that caption was like booking her own death because her seniors were Wenrene's number 1 supporter. She just wanted to try her luck.

After Yuqi had left the room, Yeri was pinching the bridge of her nose. She was very confused at this point. This is what she wanted, but why is something not settling right with her heart. As if what Seulgi said the last time about having a hunch that this would turn bad might be true.

"Unnie, I know I wanted the whole jealousy thing on Wenrene but I didn't want the whole University to be involved." She said while looking at her hands, worry was decorated all over her face.

"It's alright Yeri-ah. Everything will be okay." Sooyoung patted her head and left Yeri to ponder alone.

 

 

Several hours later, Seungwan finally reached back to the room. She was very excited with the ring that she purchased. Coming from a wealthy family, she didn't have much trouble about buying luxurious items. So that's why she didn't put any budget on the ring. Seungwan just bought a couple ring that was eye catching. Before turning the knob, she whispered to herself, 'I can't wait to propose to you Hyun.' She let out a sigh but it was the happy kind.

 

"Hyun, I'm home~" Seungwan excitedly said it in a song tone.

"..."

Joohyun didn't reply to her. This perked up her curiosity because usually Joohyun would be thrilled to meet her especially if she had been gone for hours. After she had locked the keys, her eyes started to search for the person she bought the ring for.

"I want hugs." Joohyun suddenly said with a deep voice.

"Huh?" Seungwan wasn't trying to dodge her hugs but she was just shocked that Joohyun just demanded it so bluntly.

"I won't repeat. If I don't get them, the bed is only mine for today. Son Seungwan is not allowed on it." Joohyun was already marking their bed as her territory.

"Awhhh, did somebody miss me?" She said with a smirk on her face and she intentionally used a  teasing voice.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Joohyun closed her ears showing her that she's crossed with the other girl.

As soon as Seungwan was about to hug, Joohyun dodged her and crossed her hands above her chest. Wow, Bae Joohyun is really not making it simple for her lover.

"I don't want them anymore." 

"Hyunnn, come on~"

Joohyun still didn't want to give in to Seungwan. She was sure to make Seungwan had a little bit of regret going out with Hyejoo. She was fine if they went out together but to hug in a jewelry shop, buying rings? Seungwan really stepped over the boarder but she didn't want to go overboard because in the end Seungwan wasn't hers...yet.

"Wan, is it wrong that I want your attention?" Joohyun looked at Seungwan. All the while, the pout didn't leave her face. She was taking the risk asking this question.

"Not at all Hyun~ I'll give it to you after I shower okay? Then it's us time for the both of us." Seungwan gave an assuring smile. Her answer was really from the bottom of her heart. 

"No using phones?" Joohyun asked like a baby. Seungwan was ÚwÙ-ing so hard right now. Joohyun looked so fragile.

"Just us and movies Hyun~" Seungwan squished her roommate's cheeks and shot her a warm smile.

"You have 10 minutes to shower." 

"Make it 8."

 

 

 

~~~~~~~

• That's it for today's updateee~ o(〃^▽^〃)o

• Feel free to comment anything~ 

• Byeee guys~ See you on the next updatee~ Thanks for reading <3 <3 <3