Series of Misunderstandings (Preview)

fwCHAIDsrd

It's been 13 days.

13 days since they last stole glances at each other.

13 days since that bitter memory took place.

13 days since they slept on the same bed.

13 days since they exchanged conversations.

And 13 days since the series of misunderstandings happened.

 

 

Nobody saw it would happen. Not Joohyun and most definitely not Seungwan. It just happened in a minute. Scary how 60 seconds can change your life.

Seungwan thought everything was going great, with her getting excited every now and then because the proposal is nearing its date and truth be told, she can't wait to make Joohyun officially hers. One thing that she failed to put an extra thought on  was her slight change in behaviour and how this would affect Joohyun. In her defence, being secretive was a way to prevent her from blabbering about the proposal. Being a person who likes to talk about anything especially to her lover, she was scared that she would let the cat out of the bag. To her dismay, her lover took it the wrong way. She misunderstood her behaviour, thinking that she might have some feelings for Hyejoo which is why her lover started to distant herself and put some boundaries between them. 

Sadly Seungwan is not the type who would catch on very quickly. She knew that Joohyun was slightly changing around her. It was really hard not to notice because the constant death glares, the bare minimum responses whenever she wants to talk with the latter and last but not least, she just didn't feel like she was with her lover anymore. Joohyun was different. She didn't know this person anymore but she can't seem to notice that she was also another person in Joohyun's eyes.

So when, Joohyun burst on the 13th day with tears threating to spill, Seungwan could never forget that moment. The way Joohyun's voice was cracking up and she just stood there. Seungwan knew better than to hug her because that would be selfish escpecially when she is the reason why Joohyun is like this but all Joohyun really wanted was an assuarance from Seungwan. Maybe a no or any words that indicating she and Hyejoo weren't a thing but there was none.

Sadly, all of this started mainly because of an oblivious person's pure intentions of making her lover hers. One person was excited planning out her proposal to the other one and the other misunderstood her intentions. She took it as a way of saying that the other has moved on to someone new or something in that manner and that they were just not meant to be.

One question that ponders to mind is, was it really Joohyun's fault to feel this way? She was being ignored for days. Her lover who was once somebody who didn't like to stare at her phone so much, now, ever so often is glued to her phone. The whole time she's sticked to her phone, she'll either be giggling or looking at it lovingly. So, is it really Joohyun's fault to be disheartened?

Months and months of hoping, giving her undivided attention and wearing her heart on her sleeves only for one person but to only now realised that the said person's heart belonged to someone else. All of her effort was wasted, thrown into the rubbish just because of a certain stranger but that person no longer was a stranger because she was the one who Seungwan gave the ring to.

"How can you be so selfish Seungwan? You're telling me you love me now when I literally saw you giving Hyejoo a ring?" Joohyun was trying her best to not cry at this point. She was really hurt because she really thought that they could be like what the University labeled them, but not all dreams come true.

"Hyun, I-" Seungwan tried to calm her lover but was interrupted before she could finish.

"Wan stop it. You're not even wearing our ring anymore. I know it's just some stupid coursework ring, but I expected more Wan. From you especially. I thought there was a glint of hope for us." Joohyun said dejectedly, not even looking at Seungwan anymore. Her voice was just a little louder than a whisper.

"Hyun...it's not how you think it-" Seeing Joohyun like this, Seungwan knew she had to act fast because this isn't at all what she had planned. Her heart shattered as she saw the image in front of her and to realise that she was the sole reason why her lover was looking like this made her very displeased with herself. 

"Answer me this Son Seungwan. Where is your ing ring then?" Joohyun didn't give any chance for Seungwan to give her side of the story. She was too heartbroken so she decided to follow what her eyes saw and what her brain told her to do instead of believing Seungwan. 

"I-" Seungwan was at a loss of words. She can't defend herself anymore.

"I thought so." Joohyun took her phone and went straight out of the room, not even glancing back.

 

 

~~~~~~

 

• ÓwÒ, what happened to our lovely Wenrene couple *evil laugh 

•Guys, this is just the preview for the upcoming chapter. I'm thinking of making it longer than usual so it may take some time~ or should I take a rest and let all of you wonder *evil laugh (2)

•Nahhh, I'm not that evil~ or am I? *evil laugh (3)

•Feel free to comment anything~ 

•Byeee~ See you on the next update~ Thanks for reading this preview <3 <3 <3