You Need To Let Me Go

fwCHAIDsrd

Even at home, Seungwan was unable to have a decent sleep. Whenever she was about to dive to slumberland, thoughts about Joohyun would come flooding in her mind. Questions after questions, scenarios after scenarios, Seungwan's mind was really not coorperating with her to let her sleep. One question that kept on haunting her was, 'Will Joohyun wake up?'. 

Seungwan didn't want to miss that moment when Joohyun's eyes would finally flutter open but she didn't know when it was going to happen. So as soon as the clock hits 8.00 am, she hurriedly got herself ready and packed her laptop. Even though she knew that Joohyun won't get to watch it together, she was willing to try it anyways. Before leaving to the hospital, Seungwan texted Yeri saying that she'll be going first.

'I'm already going to the hospital. See you there~ I packed breakfast for us so don't be late (^v^)' The message was sent at 8.43 am and few minutes later Yeri had already replied to the text with an okay. 

In the University's cafe, the three of them had already gathered together without Seungwan's knowing. The three of them shared the same sad look to each other.

"I can't do this." Sooyoung broke the silence between the three of them. Her face was filled with sadness when she was reminded of Seungwan's face.

"Unnie... no one wants Seungwan unnie to be hurt." Yeri tried to reason out with the older one but even she knows how Seungwan was hurting at this point.

"I know, it's just, must it have to be like this? She's hurting, and we can't do anything about it." Sooyoung said dejectedly. It was true, none of them had any power to do anything to lessen the pain of their beloved unnie.

"Sooyoung ah, calm down okay? We don't need to interfere with everything. Love is the way." Seulgi hugged her girlfriend while patting her head. Even though her words didn't even convinve herself but she had to try to convince others.

Then the two of them, the DD group, reluctantly agreed with their unnie. It's true seeing Seungwan like this hurts everyone because she was nothing but a pure angel so why must she suffer this way? Sulkenly, they made their way to the hospital. After asking for Joohyun's room, the three of them tried to put on a fake smile so that Seungwan won't notice the sadness and probably guilt eating the insides of DD. Had they didn't launch their epic plan, maybe things wouldn't go this drastic.

They didn't dare to make any noise to indicate their presence there. The three of them respected Seungwan's personal time with her lover who was laying on the bed with her eyes closed shut. They had it all under control, not until they heard Seungwan said a line that ripped and shattered three hearts all at once.

"Hyun, back then you used to be always eager to meet me while giving me that excited ear to ear smile. I've meet you several times already, why so shy Hyun? Come on, show me that smile. I just want to see it again Hyun... is it too much to ask for?" Seungwan held Joohyun's hand close to her own cheeks. She missed those random touches that the older would give.

Now this, this moment was what made the hearts of the three musketeers to break. Sure they always had this strong barrier and locked gates guarding their hearts but hearing this, it was an attack straight through the heart. Seulgi who didn't want to draw any attention accidentally sniffled as loud as she can which made Seungwan aware of their presence. The latter tried her very best to give her usual radiant smile but it wasn't half as it used to be and all of them knew that. The three of them approached their sad friend hoping that her fate would be less painful than this.

"Unnie, what did the doctor tell you?" Yeri tried to lighten the mood by asking Joohyun's condition.

"Well, Joohyun is fine but she still has yet to be conscious." Seungwan said with a half hearted smile. It pains herself to say those words.

"I... I hope you stay strong unnie." Sooyoung put her hand on Seungwan's shoulder as a way of encouragement.

"Seungwan-ah, we just wanted to drop by, we can't really stay here for long. Although we really want to do so, but our schedules are really tight for the time being." After a while of short conversations being exchanged, Seulgi told Seungwan that they needed to excuse themselves.

"Unnie, just don't be too upset please, Joohyun unnie might hear you." Sooyoung said before readying herself to leave Joohyun and Seungwan alone.

"I know Sooyoung ah, thanks." Seungwan gave her a warm smile.

"We'll get going then. Take care of yourself unnie." Then the three of them proceeded to leave the ward.

Seungwan gave them a slight nod and directed her attention to Joohyun again. Outside of the ward, a whole diffferent situation was playing but that story will be told some other time :3. Back to Seungwan, she just stared at her lover lovingly and without her knowing,she could hear her own heart breaking and tears were threatening to fall, but she decided to listen to Sooyoung's advice. She didn't want Joohyun to listen to her crying. After composing herself, she placed Joohyun's favourite teddy bear beside her and started making herself comfortable. Minutes later, The Notebook was already playing on Seungwan's laptop. Usually the book wouldn't have any effect on Seungwan but now, after things were like this, finally she understood the movie.

"Hyun, I always knew you were one for sappy romantic movies but this one Hyun, it's on another level. Hyun, I'll make a deal with you, if you wake up now, I'll watch this sappy movie all over again with you. Come on Hyun, I'll give you a minute to consider." Seungwan knew she won't get any response but it didn't hurt to test her luck.

"Even that offer doesn't flatter your heart huh Hyun? Yongsun unnie was right. You're evil Hyun. It's okay Hyun, take your time. Gosh, I sound like a lunatic talking to myself HAHAHAHA, but anyways Hyun, look at this, I brought all the polaroids that you put in the box. You know which one is my favourite Hyun? This one. You were so nervous to take me out to dinner Hyun, and when I asked why is there no one in the restaurant, you said it was a slow business day. I decided to just agree with you but Hyun, did you forget that the owner was my friend? I tried my best to stiffle my laugh back then Hyun." Seungwan was looking fondly while remembering the day when Joohyun had nervously asked her out for a date. The elder had been jumpy from the day before so this made Seungwan questioned the latter's behaviour but it was all answered when before they went to bed Joohyun shakily held Seungwan's hand and asked, " Date? With me, tomorrow?". Somehow, Seungwan find it rather cute that she could make the Bae Joohyun this nervous.

The rest of the day Seungwan spent the whole time remenicising their old days and sang all type of songs to Joohyun especially love songs but she could never finish those songs because she would stop mid way and cry. She could not handle the pain that she was feeling so she left Joohyun and headed to the cafeteria. She didn't feel like eating but she couldn't bear any longer to sit in the room with Joohyun. Although she was optimistic but having to experience and live to see the one person that she truly loved laying just like that really crushed any positivity that she had but she wasn't going to give up on Joohyun.

After about an hour spending time in the cafeteria, Seungwan went back to Joohyun's ward. It wasn't hard to go there physically but she had to practically dragged her aching heart there, now that was the hard part. As soon as she arrived back, she straight ahead went to the seat beside Joohyun and took a seat. She gently took Joohyun's hand and carresed it while drawing some patterns on it.

"Hyun, I don't want to be the selfish person but if you must go, just know that you're the one that has hold my heart captive from the very start. At least Hyun, can you please just meet me even for a short while before going. I'm not that strong Hyun, let me say good bye properly first." After hours of preparing herself, she finally could say those words that she dreaded on telling Joohyun. It hurts her heart, to be frank, it shatters her heart into a million pieces but she doesn't want Joohyun to fight anymore if she was already tired. Seungwan was selfish but she wasn't that selfish.

"I'm sorry my love but I need to go. Tonight's the night Hyun, I've chosen today to reveal my identity as fwCHAIDsrd to everyone but before that, I'm going to go and grab a few drinks. Hyun, I know I've promised to only drink when I'm stressed, don't you think that this situation suits it? I'll see you tomorrow Hyun. I love you." Before she left, she gave a kiss on both sides of Joohyun's cheeks.

Seungwan made her way down and left the hospital with a sad feeling. She had told herself many times to not be that person that gives up but how can she not when she didn't even have a clue whether Joohyun was going to be fine or not. The doctor wasn't of much help either. The only person that she could rely on was Joohyun herself. If Joohyun decided to give up then that was the end of it and she hoped, begged and cried that Joohyun would hang on. On the way back to her room, she bought cans of beer and the minute she arrived, she took a big gulp of the beer. All the frustration and pent up feelings were finally being released in the form of tears. She couldn't contain it anymore. Her mind was only occupied with a certain person which was Bae Joohyun. The image of her smiling is now replaced with the image of her laying on the bed in the ward. That was what hurt Seungwan the most, that cursed image of Joohyun like that.

'fwCHAIDsrd is now live'

"Hello to the fans of fwCHAIDsrd. Thank you for supporting especially the fanclub, fhaid.hacc.baid, I deeply thank all of you. My name is Son Wendy and probably you're wondering why I'm here but I'll tell you why I'm here later. Today, I would like to perform a song to a certain person who made me realise the true meaning of love. The song that I will be singing today is daylight." Seungwan gave a short introduction and within a few minutes, thousand of people were already viewing her live.

As usual, even though Seungwan was very drunk, she managed to sing the song perfectly but her song took a stop at this verse,

I don't wanna look at anything else now that I saw you
I don't wanna think of anything else now that I thought of you
I've been sleepin' so long in a twenty-year dark night
And now I see daylight, I only see..

She was choking on her own words, tears were already streaming down on her face and she can't help to blame the person that she feels is the most suitable person, which was Bae Joohyun.

"Stupid Hyun and that stupid cute smile with that stupid overthinking mind of hers. Why did I have to fall for for you? You're evil Hyun. You've always been a fan of fwCHAIDsrd right? If you were here, I know you'd be very happy Hyun. God, you guys must think I'm crazy. I'm sorry, I just need a moment." Seungwan gave out alight chuckle to her fans. She didn't stop the live because instead, she just put her face in her palms, she didn't want to cry in front of her fans but she was clearly in an emotional state. Was it the beer taking impact or was it really what Seungwan had been keeping in her heart for so long? 

"Stop crying Wan ah, you need to let me go, promise me that you'll find someone new." Suddenly Joohyun popped up out of nowhere while wearing white. She lifted Seungwan's face with the her hands to look directly at her in the eyes.

"Hyun? Are you real? You're actually here and why are you wearing white Hyun? You want...me to...promise that? If I don't then you won't go right? Right Hyun?" Seungwan's face looked very tired because she had been crying for hours since the day Joohyun got into that accident while her voice was very frail. How can her lover could easily requested her to promise that? 

"I'm sorry Seungwan ah." Joohyun said while slowly backing away from Seungwan.

All of this happened too fast, Seungwan couldn't comprehend what was happening. Her vision was getting blurry with tears. Without her knowing, she was already on the seat again, crying her heart out. She didn't care about the Joohyun that suddenly popped up out of nowhere. This was all her in her head. At least that was what she hoped for, but she did ask Joohyun to meet her first before leaving her. 

Guess Joohyun did fulfill Seungwan's request didn't she?

 

~~~~~~~~~

• ╥﹏╥

• So, yeah... I've chosen this path to end the story, it was a great journey with all of you throughout making fwCHAIDsrd. Stay tuned for the ending heehee~

• Feel free to comment anything~

• Thanks for reading <3 <3 <3 

• Plusss, support Irene & Seulgi's subunit and watch Monster if you want a happy ending for fwCHAIDsrd, jk jk unless ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)