Chapter 6 Part. 1

Hello Jiyeon!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wednesday finally came. And today is the day. They will start filming for Hello Baby.

Cameras are already rolling. The girls arrived at the filming location bringing a lot of toys and gifts for Jiyeon. They’re expecting to meet her again today. They open the door but the room is empty.

“Jiyeonie~~ pretty unnies are here!”

“Where’s Jiyeon?” Yoona asked as she looked around.

The girls all sat on the floor. And they saw two boxes in the middle of the living room.

“Oh maybe Jiyeon’s here inside this box. Jiyeonie??” Sooyoung said jokingly.

The Kwons was informed last Monday that the filming will start on Wednesday and Jiyeon can come later. Taeyeon remained her poker face, knowing this information.

“Girls, please open the small box in front of you.” Cho PD instructed as they have settled on the floor.

Hyoyeon did the honor and open the small box. It contains a mission card and 9 pictures.

“Oh, I see some pictures and a mission card.”

“Yah that was me!!” Taeyeon saw her baby photo as soon as Hyoyeon open the box. Taeyeon took the whole box and one by one taking out the photos.

“Oh Taeyeon-ah! This is not you, this is Jiyeon.” Sunny said laughing as she saw Taeyeon’s baby photo looking like Jiyeon.

“Oh you’re right! I thought its Jiyeon too.”

“Yah!! Are you her mom?” Taeyeon froze upon hearing that from Sooyoung but sigh in relief when they laugh after.

The girls share a piece of their childhood while looking at the photos in front of them. After that, they also open the big box. It’s actually contains Jiyeon’s stuff, her favorite toys, books and dress.

“Oh what are these? Gifts for Jiyeon?” Sunny asked to the staff.

“No, I think it’s her stuff. These books are used already. Also the dress seems used but still smells good.” Sooyoung said as she inhaled the scent of the dress.

“Yah! Stop inhaling that Choi Sooyoung!!” Hyoyeon said as she slaps Sooyoung’s shoulder.

While they’re playing with the toys on the box, the doorbell rang, signaling that someone’s outside. Yuri came out to open the door and it was woman, not really far from their age. The members are wondering who this woman is. Mrs. Kwon?

Taeyeon welcomed the woman and made her seat on the sofa. The others also greeted her politely.

“Hello girls! I know you’re wondering; I am a child care expert that Cho PD invited.”

“Ahhhhh! How can we forget about that? Hello. . .”

“Ah yes! I’m Shin Taehee. You can call me Ms. Shin or Taehee unnie.”

“Hello Taehee unnie!”

“There is no specific area that we’ll tackle today but you can ask me anything about child care. I will be with you for the whole day.”

“Yes. Thank you Taehee unnie.”

“Do you girls have any idea about taking care of a child?”

“Some of us have experience but majority are just fond of babies.”

“You’re fond of babies; it would be easy for you to handle this then.”

“We would like to learn more from you unnie.”

“Alright. Questions?”

Tiffany raised her hands.

“I am more concern what can I do if ever the kid throws a tantrum. I somehow don’t know what to do once the kid starts to cry.”

“First, you should know that a baby will start to throw tantrums when they are: 1 Hungry, 2, their surroundings too hot or noisy, uncomfortable and 3, they’re sleepy. They would not be easily irritated if none of those three is happening. So once they started crying, try to look for solutions for those, food, sleep and comfort.”

“Truthfully, I am not the best in handling kids but because we have met the kid, I want to do my best.”

“I think you’ll do just well. You’re very determined anyway.”

“How about getting close to the kid?”

“Observe. Kids usually show what they want, what are their interests, like their favorite toys, what’s their favorite game, their habit. Through that, you and the kid can be close. I see that they have prepared the kid’s stuff here. These must be her favorites. There are a lot of books than toys here. Maybe she likes to read than playing with toys. You can read books with her as your bonding.”

“PD-nim, can we call her parents to ask those?” Yuri asked.

“Of course you can. Here.”

The production was actually trying to contact the Kwons from behind the camera. The phone is ringing and soon, a deep voice saying hello from the other line was heard.

“Omo! They answered! Yah Taeyeon-ah, talk to them!!” Yuri panicked and passed the phone to their leader

“Hello?”

“A-ah hello?”

“Yes? Who’s this?”

“Yeah hello! This is Girls’ Generation Taeyeon! Perhaps, are you Mr. Kwon?” Taeyeon asked as she eyed the other girls.

“Oh yes hello! What can I do for you?” Jiyong answered stuttering

“Thank you Sir. I’m with my members. Yah girls! Greet!” The girls immediately complied

“Hello! We are Girls’ Generation!”

“Hello! How are you?”

The girls can tell that Mr. Kwon was slightly taken aback from their loud greetings.

“We’re good Mr. Kwon. Thank you for asking.” Taeyeon answered as the girls started to urge her to say their purpose of calling.

“Sir, we called to ask about Jiyeon. Are you with your wife and Jiyeon?”

“Ah right now, they’re not with me. My wife’s probably out visiting some of our boutique branch. Jiyeon’s with her. Why though? Do you prefer talking to my wife instead?” Jiyong asked them, clearly trying to tease Taeyeon.

“Oh it’s okay Mr. Kwon. We’re sure you can answer some of our questions. We hope you’re not busy.” Tiffany said. She doesn’t really want to talk to his wife. Sunny on the side, nudged Tiffany, trying to stop the girl for whatever she might say after.

Taeyeon was only watching the two, actually seeing how pissed Tiffany was with Mrs. Kwon. She can only laugh.

 “Oh no! Not really. Throw in your questions now.” Jiyong said then chuckled that made the girls slightly relief. Taeyeon can see that the girls were relieved that Mr. Kwon was the one who answered their call instead of his wife. Sooyoung who was sitting beside Taeyeon nudged her.

“Ask now!” She whispered.

“Oh yeah, Mr. Kwon-” She was about to ask the first question when Jiyong cut her

“You can call me Yong oppa. Mr. Kwon’s too formal.” Taeyeon was taken aback. It could ruin their cover.

“Yong oppa~~” the girls one by one said on the phone that made Jiyong laugh. Taeyeon though, was a bit hesitant so she stuttered.

“Y-yong oppa, we just want to ask about Jiyeon’s habit and behavior when at home.” She finally asked the first question and the girls started to focus on what will be his answer.

“Oh Jiyeon, uhmm she’s actually a behaved little girl. She’s more mature than her age. She’s thinking like an adult instead of a 3-year-old kid.”

“We actually saw that Yong oppa, even for just meeting her once.” Tiffany said. The other girls just nodded as they actually agree.

“But of course she’s still a kid so she has her aegyo. She often uses that to me when she gets into trouble with her mom. Sometimes she would throw tantrums when she didn’t get what she wants. My wife would scold her so she will run to me.”

“She prefers books than toys too. She started learning how to read since she’s two since my wife loves reading books too.” Jiyong added that made the girls react in awe. So Jiyeon can read already? She loves reading than toys. That explains why there are more books than toys on the box.

“Oppa, we saw a lot of books here on Jiyeon’s box. Are these her favorites?” Hyoyeon ask while showing the focuses on the books that they’re scanning.

“Oh yes, that are actually the first batch of books we bought for her. Some are from her grandmas and grandpas too, so she treasured those books very much.”

“She loves to play outside. We often take her to parks and playgrounds. But she tends to be not so friendly with other kids so she plays alone. We’re trying to convince her to be friendlier but she’s a shy, introverted kid. I hope you can help her with that.”

“Oh we have that kind of kid here too, right Taeyeonnie?” Sunny said that made everyone laugh

“Oh I see. Then you can handle Jiyeon then.”

The child expert then tried to ask question too.  

“Mr. Kwon, this is Shin Taehee and I’m a child care expert. I’m here to help the girls. Can I ask a question too if you don’t mind?”

“Hello Ms. Shin! Of course, ask away.”

“I heard you mentioning a while ago that Jiyeon would run to you when she gets into trouble with her mommy. Did you raise your daughter strictly? That might be the reason she’s afraid to be with other people.”

Taeyeon was only listening to them and she was kind of offended with what Ms. Shin just asked. But she understands. They don’t know how the kid’s mother is personally, so they will really ask.

“Oh yeah! About that yes, my wife is really strict with Jiyeon, when it comes to her behavior, food and habits. But I can assure you that that doesn’t have to do with Jiyeon’s behavior. Jiyeon and her mom are really close that they often gang up against me. I hope you know what I mean; she disciplined her right, ever since Jiyeon started to learn things.”

“I see, thank you for that Mr. Kwon. Please don’t misunderstand. I just had to ask.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter