Chapter 5

Hello Jiyeon!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, the family is on their way back to Seoul for their schedules, as well as Dami and Minjoon. The old Kwon Couple will stay at Jeonju till Sunday as they said they want to spend their weekends there. The two grandpas have scheduled to play golf together.

On their way home, the couple is talking about what happened last night.

“Mom, what’s our next plan? Your filming will surely start next week and Jiyeon will be with you.” Jiyong asked Taeyeon while glancing at Taeyeon then to Jiyeon at the back.

“As we have planned Dad, we’ll be hiding the truth until before the show ends. Jiyeon and I will act as if we didn’t know each other.” Taeyeon answered but at the back of her mind, she’s still thinking of what to do.

“How about me? Mom how can I help you?” Jiyong asked worriedly.

Taeyeon too thought that Jiyong should also do something so that the girls will warm up to him.

“I am thinking of suggesting you guys to be one of the daily dads. What do you prefer? Individually or solo?”

“Can I have a solo appearance aside from the group?” He’s actually thinking it will be good for them.

“I’ll try. It should be okay though. I want them to see or picture us as a perfect family.” Jiyong smiled at what Taeyeon said.

“I want that too.”

“Jiyeon, baby girl?” Jiyong then called Jiyeon. But she’s not answering. Taeyeon look behind them to see her sleeping.

“She’s asleep. I woke her up so early to prepare. Just let her sleep. I have a schedule in SM later at 2. I might leave right after lunch.”

“It’s okay Mom. My schedule will resume tomorrow. I’ll stay at home for today.”

“We have meeting probably about the show. I wonder how the girls will react to that.” Taeyeon laughed to herself, as well as Jiyong.

“Oh don’t ask me Mom. You don’t know what you did to Tiffany last night. I can imagine her face so pissed off.”

“Oh I know. She really hates it when someone she didn’t know personally talked to her rudely.”

Taeyeon yawn after she said that and Jiyong saw it.

“Sleep mom, I’ll wake you up when we arrive. You woke up so early today.”

“You know I’m already used to waking up early and no sleep for days.”

“I know, so please take this chance to sleep. You have schedule later so rest first. I will be okay.”

“Okay.” Taeyeon then close her eyes, trying to find sleep. She tried looking outside, maybe she can be sleepy.

Minutes passed, when Jiyong looked beside him, she’s already sleeping leaning her head on the car window. Jiyong just shake his head. Taeyeon will surely complain of stiff neck later.

While he’s driving, he’s thinking deeply. Now that they have started this, there’s no way of backing out now. He’s smiling while thinking of his future self, bragging about his wife to his colleagues, friends, to their fans and to the world. At the same time, he’s worried too, for Taeyeon. He firsthand witnessed the reaction when SM pulled the fake relationship stunt to cover up KrisHanTao departure. Taeyeon had told him that SM pulled that stunt to protect EXO’s image as they were still starting and it’s their group’s peak. Taeyeon was seriously hurt with the fans’ reaction and fell into a depression, yet again, that reminds Jiyong of her state during when Leeteuk’s cheating. He then remembered the past when he knew that Taeyeon got hospitalized just after a week they talked on the rooftop.

FLASHBACK

Jiyong is seriously worried and wanted to visit Taeyeon immediately. What happened to Taeyeon is not publicized though some fans spotted Taeyeon’s friends visiting the hospital. Some also sneaked inside the hospital so they found out that it’s Taeyeon who was hospitalized. So SM just released an official statement that Taeyeon was only dehydrated and over fatigued. Jiyong who’s scrolling his phone on his day off saw the article. He was worried though SM said that it was just over fatigued. But the next day, he overheard Chaerin and Dara talking about it.

“Really? I knew about their relationship since Donghae had mentioned it to me but I can’t believe he could do that to her.” Dara said, she’s shocked at what Chaerin said.

“I know right. Tiffany was crying hard when she was telling it to me last night.” Chaerin replied sadly. Well, Chaerin and Tiffany are very good friends, best friends even and hanging out with same circle, so probably Tiffany had mentioned something to Chaerin.

“You were with her? So that’s why I was calling you last night and you didn’t answer.”

“Yeah, she called me crying so I had to drive to their dorm. Her members were visiting Taeyeon unnie so she was alone. I asked her why and she just showed me the article. That’s when she started telling me everything, about what happened between Leeteuk Oppa and Taeyeon unnie’s brother. She said the two fought inside SUM café.”

“What? So her brother punched Leeteuk? I saw him earlier with bandage all over his face.”

“He was so angry, as per Tiffany. Even me, if I was her brother, a family or even just a friend, and you messed up with her, I would do the same. Kill him even. The fight actually triggered Taeyeon unnie’s depression and bad habit.”

“Bad habit?” Dara asked confused.

Chaerin answered whispering, but Jiyong can still hear her.

“She tried to kill herself. She cut her wrist.”

“WHATTTT!!!?” Dara shouted out of shock that Chaerin had to hush her.

“SSSSSHHH unnie!”

“Okay okay, but what? She really did that?”

“Well, yeah. She really didn’t intend to kill herself. As I have said, it’s a bad habit of a person with depression. I know a lot of friends who do that too. I just didn’t expect that Taeyeon unnie too. ..”

“I as well. I always see Taeyeon as a cool, calm, quiet but cheerful cutie. But seriously that girl has been through a lot.”

From a far, Jiyong is listening to them, shocked at what he just heard. Taeyeon did it again. But Taeyeon promised him right? He tried calling Taeyeon’s phone. He tried many times; thankfully someone answered the call on the 8th time.

“Hello?” a man answered from other line

“Uh hello? Can I talk to Taeyeon?” He asked, not actually knowing who’s on the other line.

“I am her brother and Taeyeon is resting. May I know who this is?”

Jiyong hesitate if he would reveal himself or just say he’s Taeyeon’s friend. Hearing no answer from the other line, Jiwoong talk again.

“Hello? Hey dude, if this is a prank call, better stop now or we will surely take action.” Jiyong panicked that he just suddenly blurted out his name.

“Ah hello, this is Jiyong. I am Taeyeon’s friend. Uh please tell her I called.”

“Oh okay?”

“Thank you very much! Bye.”

Jiyong hung up first. It seems that her brother didn’t know his name. He just hopes that he will really tell Taeyeon that he called. He’s wondering if he could visit Taeyeon but immediately cancelled when he thought that fans might see him. That will make it worst for Taeyeon than she is in right now.

Jiwoong, on the other side, was thinking hard who Jiyong is. He knew all of Taeyeon’s friends but Jiyong’s name is not familiar to him. He’s also thinking if that Jiyong is an idol as well or not. Well he’ll just ask Taeyeon later when she wakes up.

Jiyong went back to his studio but still thinking of Taeyeon. He can’t focus that Chaerin had call him out. They’re on the process of recording Chaerin’s new single.

“Yah Oppa!!! I was talking to you and you’re not listening!! What are you thinking?”

“A-ah nah! I was just thinking about the article I saw, about SNSD Taeyeon.” He said truthfully. Chaerin is his dongsaeng and best friend anyway.

“Seriously? And you spaced out like that?”

“I just feel sympathy, Chaerin-ah. You know I was in the same situation as her, when Kiko and I broke up.”

“What are you saying Oppa?” Jiyong then remembered, he wasn’t supposed to know about Taeyeon’s condition.

“I heard you and Dara noona a while ago. And that got me thinking of myself in the past. I loved Kiko so much that I did the same as her, when we broke up.”

“Oppa-”

“Don’t worry. I have moved on though. I just feel sorry for Taeyeon-ssi.”

“But please don’t tell it to anyone. It wasn’t supposed to be publicized.”

“You should have thought about that when you were talking to Dara loudly. Someone might hear you. Good thing it was me. You know I keep secrets, especially if that sensitive.”

“Thank you Oppa. But seriously, I feel sorry too.”

Jiyong then tried to ask, “Did you already visit her?”

“Oh, not yet. Maybe I’ll come with Tiffany some other time. Why? You want to come too? Are you two close?”

“Ah n-no, I was just asking. Please tell her to get well soon.” He stuttered

“Okay.” Chaerin dismissed but still looking suspicious at Jiyong so he had to push her inside the recording booth.

“Go back inside and repeat the second verse.”

 

They just finished recording the song when his phone light up, signaling that he received a message. He checked it and it’s from Taeyeon.

FROM: Taengoo

Hi Jiyong! My brother said you called. Why?

Chaerin had say goodbye to him so he’s alone now. He decided to reply to the message.

TO: Taengoo

Hi! Yes, but he said you were resting. I just want to ask how you are. I heard what happened.

FROM: Taengoo

Oh thank you, but I’m kind of okay now, though I had to stay for more days.

TO: Taengoo

Can I call again? Like, now?

It took a minute before Taeyeon can reply back.

FROM: Taengoo

Okay sure.

After reading her reply he immediately dialed her number. After a few rings, he heard a weak trying to be cheerful voice.

“Hello? Jiyong?”

“Taeyeon-ah, how are you?”

“What? Haha I just said I’m okay now. I already rest well so maybe I can go back to work by next week.”

“I’m serious, can I ask you something?” Jiyong said. He wants to confirm if she really did that.

“S-sure.” Taeyeon is a bit hesitant though. She kinda knew what he wants to ask.

“Did you just do it ag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter