Too late

Your heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“I thought you’d be busy these days” said Jisoo. “You just came back two days ago”

 

Jin patted Jisoo’s head.

 

“I saw the articles about your drama” said Jin. “They say you look together with Taehyung-ssi, they wouldn’t have said that if they had seen me”

 

Jennie was just giggling at the two of them.

 

“Why don’t you just date?” asked Jennie. “You look too cute together”

 

Jisoo and Jin laughed at Jennie.

 

“I can’t date someone who looks like me” said Jin. “We might get mistaken for siblings if we go out in public”

 

“Do you think I’d like to date you?” said Jisoo. “You are always making fun of me”

 

“I think you used to like me at school though” said Jin. “You drew a heart beside my name on your notebook, I saw that..”

 

“Unnie, is there such story?” asked Jennie. “You only told me about him holding your hands secretly when you were pretending to sleep”

 

Jisoo hit Jennie’s arm.

 

“He doesn’t know I was just pretending to sleep back then” said Jisoo. 

 

“You weren’t asleep?” asked Jin. “You have been lying at me for 10 years”

 

The three of them were having a good laugh when Jisoo saw Taehyung and RM coming inside the restaurant.

 

She saw Taehyung looking towards her but he turned around immediately.

 

“Isn’t that your leading man, Jisoo?” asked Jin. “He just looked at you, didn’t he?”

 

“I can’t believe I’m seeing him even on my day-off” said Jennie. “Is he following you, unnie?”

 

Jisoo choked on drinking water.

 

“Are you okay?” asked Jin while patting her back lightly and wiping Jisoo’s mouth.

 

“We keep having bad vibes whenever he shows up” said Jennie. 

 

What Jennie said sparked curiosity in Jin.

 

“Did something happen bad during filming?” asked Jin. “Is there something I don’t know?”

 

Jisoo shook her head but Jennie was ready to spill the tea.

 

“Park Jimin was his bestfriend” said Jennie. “ He hates unnie because his friend died that’s why he always gets angry at her at the set accusing her of things she has never done”

 

Jisoo put a dumpling in Jennie’s mouth.

 

“Your mouth is really unstoppable” said Jisoo. “It’s not like that.. he also helped me sometimes, I feel bad for him now that Jennie talked about him that way”

 

Jin looked at Jisoo and held her hand.

 

“Why would you feel bad? Why would you feel sorry about him?” asked Jin in a calm voice. “It’s him who has to be sorry to you for what his bestfriend did”

 

Meanwhile, RM looked completely uncomfortable watching Taehyung eat while looking at Jisoo.

 

RM wanted to let him relax since Taehyung looked quite upset about Jisoo but he only made them meet at the restaurant.

 

Although he didn’t know why Taehyung was acting like that when it comes to Jisoo, he understood something was up.

 

“Just focus on your food” said RM. “You will get indigestion if you eat angrily like that”

 

Taehyung sighed heavily.

 

“I really didn’t want to ask this but I have to understand why you are being this angry at Jisoo” said RM. “Did you used to date? Is she your ex?”

 

Taehyung put his chopsticks down on the table.

 

“Do you think I’d date someone like her?” asked Taehyung. “Why would I like someone like her, hyung?”

 

“I mean, you look like you’re holding some grudge against her” said RM. “If not you, did one of your friends used to like her but got dumped?” 

 

Taehyung’s gaze changed from scary to even scarier.

 

RM gulped at his change of expression.

 

“Hyung, do you remember my late best friend?” asked Taehyung.

 

“Jimin?” asked RM. “Of course, you send flowers to his grave monthly”

 

“He committed suicide because of her” said Taehyung. “He jumped off a bridge and drowned in the river”

 

RM couldn’t ask him more questions.

 

Taehyung looked so sad when he mentioned Jimin.

 

He had never seen that side of Taehyung.

 

He has been working with him for four years already but Taehyung had never spoken about the death of his best friend.

 

Taehyung glanced over Jisoo’s table once again.

 

He saw her smiling brightly while talking with Jennie and her CEO.

 

He was reminded by Jimin once again.

 

The last day he saw him.

 

 

 

*flashback to 7 years ago*

 

 

 

Jimin looked happy as usual. He was smiling ear to ear when he met Taehyung in the morning.

 

“Did something good happen to you?” asked Taehyung. “Even your eyes are smiling..”

 

Jimin put his arm around Taehyung’s shoulders.

 

“The theater and arts club president told me we’d be having a meeting after lunch” said Jimin. “That means I’m going to see Jisoo later”

 

Taehyung laughed at him.

 

“Do you like her that much?” asked Taehyung. “She doesn’t even know you, I bet”

 

“I will tell her that I like her” said Jimin. “It’s about time that I confess my feelings to her”

 

“What if she doesn’t like you?” asked Taehyung. “What are you going to do?”

 

“Then I’ll just die” said Jimin. “I don’t think I can live if that were to happen”

 

Taehyung hit the back of his head.

 

He didn’t know those weren’t just empty words.

 

“Don’t even joke about it” said Taehyung. “Why would you die for a girl? You have gone crazy”

 

Jimin just smiled again before going out of the room.

 

Had Taehyung known it would be the last time to see him, he would have stopped him from going at all costs.

 

Taehyung waited for Jimin at the school entrance.

The meeting would usually take just half an hour but more than an hour had passed already and he hadn’t seen Jimin yet.

 

Taehyung was getting worried.

 

He went to the Theater and Arts Club but he didn’t find anyone there.

 

The door was wide open and there some chairs and broken props on the floor.

 

He looked around the mess inside but no sign of Jimin.

 

Then he noticed a red handkerchief on the floor.

 

It was Jimin’s. He had it with him that morning.

 

Just where could he have gone? Taehyung was sure Jimin was there.

 

He went around looking for him everywhere but he couldn’t find him.

 

It had already been two hours.. 

 

He went to put his books inside his locker.

He put the last book he had and noticed there was a piece of crumpled paper in the corner.

 

As soon as he read it, he ran outside the building and asked everyone if they had seen Jimin.

 

After asking countless people, he finally found someone who had seen Jimin going out.

 

“Where did you see him go?” asked Taehyung. “How long has it been already?”

 

The student looked completely confused by Taehyung.

He was sweating and catching his breath for running around like crazy.

 

“I saw him going behind the school about half an hour ago” said the student. “I found him strange as well to be honest, I waved my hands at him when he w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter