Not there

Your heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As soon as the drama ended, Jisoo signed a contract with a Japanese entertainment agency and had been staying there for almost two months.

 

She didn’t have to give it another thought when she was offered to work there. It was the perfect opportunity for her to expand her career but also to stay away from Taehyung.

 

“How long are you planning to stay here?” Jin asked her while he poured himself a glass of wine. 

 

Jisoo tried to take the glass away from him but he took it back again.

 

“You can’t drink” said Jin. “Are you planning on transforming yourself into a dog here in front of all those people?”

 

They were in a party held by Jin’s father.

He brought Jisoo with her because he knew she was bored staying in the hotel most of the time.

 

“Why didn’t you bring Jennie with you?” asked Jin while poking her cheeks. “You could have gone shopping with her or hung out with her instead of tagging yourself with me everytime..”

 

Jisoo asked Jennie to stay in Korea to finish studying her course. She wanted her to do what she liked doing instead of always following and taking care of her.

 

“You’re the one who keeps telling me to come with you because you are always alone” said Jisoo. “You said you were getting engaged but I haven’t seen your fiancée yet ever since I came here”

 

Jin was supposed to get engaged right after he came to Japan but his father decided not to marry him off when he learned about the financial crisis the woman’s family was facing.

 

“You might not be able to see her” said Jin.

 

He smiled at her.

 

“Unless you look in the mirror” he whispered.

 

Jisoo couldn’t hear him because of the loud music playing.

 

“We’re going back to Tokyo tomorrow morning, aren’t we?” she asked in a serious voice. 

 

Jin patted her head.

 

“Why?” he asked. “Are you afraid to bump into him?”

 

Jin had informed her previously that Taehyung was coming to Tokyo for a few days for a photoshoot.

 

“Tokyo is a big city.. do you think I’d bump into him easily?” asked Jisoo as she pouted her lips. “It’s not like we are going to stay in the same hotel..”

 

“Why are you pouting your lips?” he laughed as he asked her. “You are getting upset over nothing..”

 

Jisoo hit his arms lightly knowing he was having too much fun teasing her.

But Jin was just trying to lighten up her mood, even though it was him who was getting hurt.

 

He promised himself that he’d take care of her as a younger sister for the rest of his life.

 

“I’ll accompany you to your room” said Jin as he stood up. “It’s getting late, you should rest now..”

 

“I can just go alone” said Jisoo. “You need to stay here with your father”

 

Jin pulled her up.

 

“I want to see you go inside your room safely” he said. “Are you afraid I might try to do something to you?”

 

Jisoo laughed at him.

 

They reached the door of her room but before Jin could go, she gave him a hug.

 

“I thought I wasn’t the only who needed a hug” said Jisoo. “You look tired..”

 

Jin was touched that she was able to see what he was going through.

 

He had been arguing a lot with his father about business and marriage.

He wanted to go against him but he wasn’t the type to disobey anyone specially his own father.

 

Jin couldn’t stop himself from wrapping his arms around her.

He kissed the top of her head and hugged her even tighter.

 

 

The two friends didn’t know someone else was watching them.

Their friendly embrace might turn into a malicious gossip.

 

 

————————————————

 

 

RM was helping Taehyung pack his luggage.

He wanted to go with him to Japan but he had other work matters to settle.

 

“You haven’t met with Mina in two weeks” he said. “Did you even tell her you are going to Japan tomorrow?”

 

“I’m sure she knows my schedule more than you do..” said Taehyung. “We aren’t really engaged so I don’t have to see or ask her for permission.. I’m only doing this because I don’t want her to embarrass herself”

 

“I hope you can be happy soon..” said RM. “Just how long is she gonna make it hard for you?”

 

RM had been deeply worried about him.

Taehyung usually threw a fit whenever he was stressed or upset about something but ever since Jisoo left, he had been very quiet.

 

He was holding every emotion inside him and RM was worried he might get sick doing that.

 

“Are you going to see Jisoo there?” he bravely asked him. “Why don’t you talk with her?”

 

Taehyung stopped packing and sat on his bed.

 

“She went there so I wouldn’t see her..” he said. “I wouldn’t dare show my face to her”

 

RM put the luggage down.

 

“But you want to see her, don’t you? he told him bravely. “Just forget everything that happened in the past and face her”

 

“I’m dying to see her hyung.. I miss her a lot” said Taehyung. “But she doesn’t love me.. and that’s enough reason for me to give up”

 

Taehyung stood up and put his luggage in its place.

 

“Did you ask her already?” asked RM. “Do you like living in regrets and sorrow? If I were you, I would at least try..”

 

Taehyung remained silent.

 

He reflected on what RM said. 

It was true that he never had the chance to ask Jisoo about her feelings and he wasn’t able to confess properly to her either.

 

Was it worth trying? Would something even change?

Would Jisoo be glad to see him?

 

He thought Jisoo hated him. Only a fool wouldn’t hate him after everything he had put her through.

He regretted everything he did to her.

 

He thought about it all night but he came to only one answer.

 

He woke up to the dating news of Jisoo and Jin in which he believed was true without a single doubt.

 

He knew Jisoo relied on Jin a lot even in the past and he thought it was only natural for her to like him in the end.

 

He felt discouraged.

 

He was expecting RM to pick him up from his house to get to the airport but the one who showed up was Mina.

 

They didn’t talk until they arrived at the airport where there were many cameras waiting for them.

 

“You’ll be back in three days, right?” Mina asked him. “My movie will start showing next week.. you will show up at the press conference, won’t you?”

 

Taehyung was just looking at her without replying.

He knew Mina was acting like that because of the cameras around them.

 

“Can’t you act for me just this once?” her eyes begged for Taehyung’s attention. “I haven’t seen you in a long time..”

 

Taehyung felt sorry for her. When he looked at Mina’s eyes, he saw himself in the same situation.

The two of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter