Kim Yonghee

Never Letting Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyejin-ah, can you please get here on time someday?” Byul pleaded over the phone.

“Unnie, seriously. I can’t help that you three decided on having a practice on the day of my EXAM. I just finished okay? I’ll be there soon.”

“Ugh, I hate your .”

“I have a very fine . Can’t imagine why you’d hate it. Bus is here, bye!” Hyejin hung up the phone as Wheein started to play a pop song on the speakers. She walked over to where Yongsun and Byul were sitting and crouched on the floor. 

“What did she say? Is she on her way?” Wheein asked. Byul grunted.

“She said that she has a very fine .” Wheein nodded thoughtfully. 

“That’s very true. I mean like, it looks very fine. Top class. She has a top class ,” Wheein giggled. Byul rolled her eyes.

“Okay, whatever you say. She’s on her way on the bus, so let’s just warm up first.” The three made their way to the center of the dance room and faced the mirror, Wheein leading the warm up with some basic stretches. Yongsun groaned in agony as Wheein descended into the splits ever so gracefully. 

“Oh please, unnie. You’re not that inflexible,” snorted Byulyi, seeing Yongsun practically standing up straight with her legs barely separated. 

“This is as far as I can go,” Yongsun replied indignantly. It was a lie, she just didn’t want to go down because she had overdone her performance last night and her muscles screamed in pain whenever she moved. It didn’t help that the past few days have also been designated as the four friends’ practice days. At least Byul had shut up about her stupid idea of one of them learning how to pole dance. 

Over past week, Byul had repeatedly said that someone should learn to pole dance.

“It’ll make the crowd go crazy! Imagine if we put a super modern spin to these songs and make it like a club vibe. You know how people love the y performances. Right, Hyejin-ah?” Hyejin had caught Yongsun’s eyes, detecting her uneasiness.

“Er, they do, but I don’t think people would appreciate us turning these classic family bops into a overly y performance,” Hyejin had reasoned. Yongsun thought that would be the end of that. To her annoyance, Byulyi didn’t stop promoting her ‘genius’ idea for the next few days. Every time, Yongsun would shake her head firmly. Finally, just yesterday, it seemed that Byul had completely given up on the idea. She had bounced into Yongsun’s apartment and gave her the usual bear hugs before lying down on her bed and had played on her phone as Yongsun tried to ignore her presence. Of course, Yongsun had initially found it weird that Byul wasn’t walking around her house like an inspector as usual, but when she asked, Byul had replied that there was a racing game that she was really into lately. Never again was the topic of pole dancing brought up again.

Now, as Yongsun was shrieking while Byulyi and Wheein forced her down into the splits, the thought of Byulyi’s constant talk of pole dancing bothered her. Surely Byul was just joking around randomly about it, right? It’s not like she knew anything.

“Unnies and Whee, I have blessed you with my presence,” The door flew open as Hwasa announced, posing like a queen on the balcony greeting her people. She was dressed in dark green sleeveless and track pants and holding a cup holder with four cups of iced coffee. Wheein immediately ran up and tackled her friend with a hug, while Byul stayed to help Yongsun up. 

“Thanks,” she breathed out. “Hyejin-ah, you’ve finally arrived. I’ve been receiving some torture from these two brats.” Hyejin glared at Byul.

“Byulyi unnie, stop bullying Yongsun unnie.”

“Yongsun clearly said two brats. Why are you only calling me out?” cried Byul, feeling wronged.

“Wheein’s too amazing to be a brat,” Hyejin replied cooly. Wheein laughed and hugged her even tighter. Byulyi nudged Yongsun in the ribs.

“10 bucks that they’ll start dating next month.” Yongsun shook her head.

“10 bucks that they’re secretly dating already.”

“For real?”

“Just guessing.” But Yongsun was 95% sure that the two were already dating. They were so clingy to teach other and based on the long glances they throw each other, Yongsun could all ready tell they were more than friends. As Yongsun watched the two younger ones laugh and chat as Hyejin stretched, she wondered if she would ever be like that with someone. Probably not. Her parents would find her some rich family’s son to marry her off to, regardless of her own feelings. They certainly would not allow her to marry someone she liked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter