One Night Out

Never Letting Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Needless to say, the rest of the night was chaotic. 

When Yongsun reflected on her decisions, she came to one conclusion.

Drinking should be banned. At least for her.

After taking the soju as a pre-drink, Yongsun walking down the streets of Itaewon with her arms around Wheein and Byul. Due to the unexpected stopping at a few street stalls, it took the girls a whole hour to reach the club. They joined the forming line for club that was popular among Koreans and foreigners alike. After getting the unbreakable paper bracelets at the entrance, they trampled down the stairs, approaching the sounding EDM. As it was still early in the night, 10:30, Yongsun decided to pay extra for access to the VIP floor. As they walked up the stairs, Wheein latched on to Yongsun’s arm. Yongsun smiled sweetly at her.

“What’s up, pup?” Wheein snuggle her head on to Yongsun’s shoulder.

“Nothing. I miss you.” Yongsun tilted her head in confusion.

“I’m right here though. And we see each other like, every week.” 

“But we only study then. I miss having walks with you. And talking like normal conversations. I miss that. All of it,” Wheein whispered. “But now, we can spend more time together since it winter break!”

“Speaking of winter, how are you not cold?” Yongsun asked. “It’s literally the middle of December and you aren’t even wearing a coat.” Wheein shrugged. 

“It ruins the outfit. Fashion over comfort.”

“You’re going to get sick. Wear a jacket next time. I’ll give you mine today,” Yongsun said, mentally reminding herself to give the leather trench coat to Wheein when they leave. The girls took a table near the balcony, where they could look out onto the dance floor and DJ booth. Hyejin and Wheein took a seat on the leather white couch across from Byul and Yongsun, who took the black couch. They ordered a few drinks, Yongsun being the only one who ordered water.

“Let’s catch up. We haven’t really had a legit conversation in a while,” Hyejin said. The other three nodded. “Especially you, Yongsun unnie. We wanna know how your life has been.” Yongsun looked around. Since the other three lived together, they probably had regular updates on each other’s lives. Even though Wheein at the convenience store, they didn’t really talk. Her interactions with Hyejin only happened through text messages and occasional unplanned meet ups backstage. Of course, Byul still stayed with her starting from their first class all the way till dinner, but even then, she would be studying or helping Byul with her school work. At dinner, they would have a time to catch up, but that would pretty much be it. Yongsun felt completely isolated from the other three, and wondered if they ever just felt like she was neglecting them.

“I’ve just been studying the whole time at home, and Byul is always studying with me. Then sometimes, I go out to the convenience store and study.” Wheein nods.

“Yeah, we know, but what about other things? You can’t just be studying all the time. You’d literally go crazy from all of that!” 

“What about Hyejin?” Asked Byul. “Like, have you met up with her?”

“No.”

“Yes.”

Yongsun immediately looked at Hyejin, who stared hard at Yongsun.

“I mean- we- no?” Yongsun squeaked. With raised eyebrows, Wheein leaned forward.

“Is something going on?” Though she was looking at Yongsun, her question was obviously more directed to Hyejin. Noticing this, Hyejin quickly put her hand on Wheein’s.

“We just unexpectedly bumped into each other. I mean, I don’t really count that as meeting up but maybe unnie does. That’s why we answered differently.” Wow. Hyejin was really good at fixing the situation. Yongsun respected how her friend just answered Wheein’s question without lying. After all, bumping into each other backstage was generally unplanned.

Wheein seemed to accept this explanation and returned her attention to Yongsun.

“Then unnie, you haven’t even met up with Hyejin once! Don’t tell me you’ve just been studying and working on your papers.” Yongsun took a sip of her water.

“That’s pretty much exactly what I’ve been doing,” she answered solemnly, staring in the space between Wheein and Hyejin’s heads. Wanting to change the topic, Yongsun asked if they wanted to play some games. Want

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter