An Unfortunate Turn of Events

Never Letting Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyejin shook her head, causing Yongsun sighed and buried her head in her hands. It had been two days already, and there was no sign of Moon Byulyi. The three of them -Yongsun, Wheein, Hyejin- had been going all around Seoul, checking every corner for their friend. Jordan and Yonghee were also helping them search, but two days passed, and there was no trace of her. 

“Unnie, please just go to sleep. You haven’t rested in over 48 hours,” Wheein pleaded. They were gathered in Hyejin and Wheein’s dorm apartment, and Yongsun had curled herself up on Wheein’s bed. Yongsun stared at the grey blanket was neatly folded at the edge of the mattress that belonged to Byul. She raised her eyebrows at the wrinkle-free bedsheets.

“How can she be so neat here yet always leave a mess in my place?” Yongsun sighed. Hyejin shook her head, smiling.

“She cleaned up, a few weeks ago before moving to your place. We just left it like that, since she doesn’t like it when we touch her things.” Snapping her head up, Yongsun stared at Hyejin.

“What do you mean? She didn’t move to my place.” Now it was Wheein and Hyejin’s turn to stare at Yongsun.

“What do you mean? She told us she was living with you?” 

“Uh, she literally stopped sleeping over? She always went home after! And her home is here! You’re saying that she didn’t come home after leaving my place every single day?” Yongsun began to shout. “What the hell is this girl on? Did she just lie to all of us?” Yongsun, while still being very worried, felt a sharp spike in her anger. Byul should really be an actress. Never did Yongsun see through any of her lies.

But her anger quickly died down. Surely, Byul had her reasons. Yongsun trusted her. For now, she decided to focus on finding Byul, and when she did, she could smack her all she wanted.

“Hello?” Wheein’s voice softly rang out. “Jordan? Have you found… what?” Yongsun caught the glance Wheein threw her and raised an eyebrow. “Okay… we’ll take a look. Thank you.” As soon as Wheein hung up, Yongsun practically pounced on the phone, tapping on the link that Jordan sent. An agonising two seconds passed as the three held their breathes, squashed together to see the webpage load.

Yongsun’s heart nearly stopped beating.

Wheein gasped.

Hyejin fell back on the bed.

There, Yonghee’s face, caked with make up, stared back at them through the screen. 

 

[Breaking] Heiress to Kim Entertainment, Kim Yonghee, caught working as a hostess in famous nightclub in London.

 

Yongsun tightened her grip on the phone, scrolling through the news report. When she reached the end, she set the phone down, closing her eyes in attempt to digest the information. Yonghee. Wow. When they were young, people often joked how Yonghee would probably be all elegant and posh on the outside, but have a secret job on the side. Well, Yongsun now silently congratulated them for having the power to foresee the future. Yongsun took a deep breath.

“What the hell, Kim Yonghee,” she muttered. S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter