A Sticky Spot

Never Letting Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“MOON. BYUL. YI!” The door opened slightly, but creaked loud enough for Yongsun to know the annoying hamster was timidly poking her head in. Swivelling her chair towards the door, Yongsun threw the pillow she had been holding when she read that email. Sadly, Byul had quite speedy reflexes and slammed the door shut when she noticed the lethal projectile flying towards her at great speeds. Yongsun stomped to the door, trying to pull it open, but who knew that Byul’s time at the gym had paid off? She pounded on the door.

“Moon Byulyi, open this ing door before I smack you to the other end of the world,” Yongsun threatened as she attempted to open the door with no luck.

“Unnie, please calm down. I know I should have asked you first, but-”

“THEN WHY DIDN’T YOU?” Yongsun roared. Met with silence, she took this opportunity to fling the door open, ready to attack. But Byul was one step ahead of her. In the time that Yongsun had waited for a reply, Byul had already escaped down the hall and taken refuge in Yongsun’s living room, choosing to stand behind a couch. 

Yongsun stormed into the living room. Standing across from Byul, she clenched her fists, her face red with anger.

“Care to explain yourself before I throw you off this building?”

“Unnie, seriously, just chill a bit alright? Like, you’re pretty hot when you’re mad, but like tone it down a bit.” Byulyi had to duck to avoid a spare box of cereal that was thrown at her. “Look, Seulgi, you know Kang Seulgi right? Student council president? Yeah, so she told me that no one from business signed up yet for the showcase-” She slapped the flying Squirtle slippers that were aiming for her perfectly fine nose. “-and she asked me to just sign someone up. So naturally, I picked the hottest, most talented, iest, most amazing person in the Business major. You!” She spread arms to Yongsun, smiling. 

However, the older student was not amused.

“What the hell am I gunna perform? I’ve never stood on a stage, I don’t do performances. Did you even think about that?” Byulyi mumbled something that Yongsun couldn’t make out. “What did you just say?”

“Nothing. I mean, you could learn something. Just learn something like, I dunno, pole dancing?” Yongsun’s eyes flashed dangerously. Byul wouldn’t know something would she? Whatever, she wouldn’t ever pole dance in front of the whole campus anyways. 

“Hell no. I still don’t see why you picked me to perform. There’s like 2000 students taking business and you choose me. Do you want to die?” Yongsun held up her remaining Squirtle slipper and was about to charge to slap Byul, then Wheein’s voice sounded from Yongsun’s room.

“Seyoooo.” Yongsun glared one last time at the blonde and ran to her room. She picked up her blue phone that was for friends only. She checked the contact ID and smiled.

“Hello?”

“Unnie!” 

“Wheein-ah, what’s up?”

“Let’s go eat tonight! Bring Byulyi unnie. See you later!” The line cut off and Yongsun smiled. It was just like Wheein to make plans randomly. Yongsun walked out to the living room where Byul was sitting on the couch and scrolling through her phone. Sliding next to Byul, Yongsun crossed her arms and stared at her friend.

“Wheein wants to go eat dinner today.”

“Really? Let’s go then.”

“I’m still mad at you.”

“I’m sure you are.”

“Okay.”

“Have you seen this video?” For the rest of the afternoon, Yongsun and Byul sat on the couch, leaning

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter