Hi, can I?

Never Letting Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun flung herself onto the couch, sighing. It was another day working in the club, another performance. She had finished a performance and was waiting for the stage manager to call her back on for another.

Kim Yongsun, a senior in university, pole danced at the hottest clubs in Itaewon. She was constantly invited and earned lots of money from it, about 8 million won for every performance she did. And she performed at least 4 times a week. No one knew about this secret of hers though. 

At the top university in Korea, she was just Kim Yongsun. A loner, a nerd with no friends. Dull, silent, practically non-existent. She liked it that way. Yongsun couldn’t bear to imagine how people would react when they found out that she actually sported bright pink hair, wore revealing clothes, and earned her own money by pole dancing. She didn’t need to though, since her parents were one of the richest in Asia, but she never had a smooth relationship with them and didn’t want to depend on them.

So she continued to carry out the polite, timid image that she had in front of her classmates, teachers, and family. But secrets never stay as secrets, and Yongsun had to learn that the hard way.

“Solar?” A man in his late 40s peeked his head in the room after knocking. “Your on in 10.”

“Got it, sir. I’ll be there in a few.” She offered a smile as he retreated from the room. She changed from her black shorts and sports bra into white ones. Tying her hair into a high pony tail, she looked at her toned body in the mirror. She nodded and proceeded to head down the stairs into the main club area.

“Leggo,” she muttered excitedly, as she was welcomed by the flashing lights, overwhelming music, and screams of the crowd. They made a narrow pathway for her to reach the circular stage set in front of the DJ booth. Phones were shoved in her face, capturing her beaming visuals and confidence as she headed to the stage. The stage manager was waiting near the stairs of the stage, handing her coloured microphone. She put one hand on the pole and greeted the crowd by putting her lips to her mic and whispered, “Solar.” 

The crowd went wild, and her performance began.

 

 

“Kim Yongsun?”

“Present, miss.” Yongsun was sitting at the back of the lecture hall, taking out her laptop and notebook. It was another Thursday, another class. She had rushed from her apartment, fearing that she was late for Professor Lee Business Management lecture. Though she managed to slip in just in time for attendance, she had forgotten her much needed water bottle on her kitchen table, leaving dry and irritable. Feeling uncomfortable, she didn’t pay attention to the professor’s introduction of a new student. It was not until she sensed someone walking up the rows of seats, eyeing the spot next to hers, that she noticed the new

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter