Chapter Sixteen

Tomorrow With You

Yoohee do not know where she was, everything looked so beautiful and bright. She scanned her surrounding and then realized that she was on the park near her house. She took a seat at the bench that was positioned in front of a little lake, beaming happily at the sight of swans that happily swimming there. She felt peaceful as if she did not want to go home, everything was too peaceful for her own liking. Then she felt someone tapped her shoulder softly and she quickly turned her gaze to someone who stood up behind her, smiling at her.

 

 

“Her blood pressure keeps dropping, Doc.” nurse Hwang announced, fixing the blood transfusion machine that was hooked up to her arms.

Chanyeol looked at the monitor, he looked at how the numbers on the monitor keep declining and he could feel panicked tugging inside his heart. He was frightened, he was afraid, all at once. He glanced at his wife who peacefully sleeping, his skin looks so pale and the bruise made everything worst. He shook his head, looked back at her already opened chest, it had been minutes since they start the operation, yet he still could not find the bullet that was wedged right below her chest.

Stay with me, baby.

He could saw his hand was slightly shaking for a second as he shook his head, tried to bring his focus back. He could feel sweat dripping at the back of his neck and some of them already appeared on his forehead. He was visibly panicked and Woojin could see it clearly, hell everyone was and it seems his nerves had rubbed on some of them. Woojin looked at the guy in front of him, Chanyeol was a kind of man who always a composed and calm in responding almost everything. His bestfriend was always the stiff and mature one when responding to problems everytime they encountered it on their daily basis, he was always the one who could pull himself all together and got hold on almost everything when situation arises. But today, Woojin saw how vulnerable and helpless his bestfriend’s was as he tried to kept the fraction of his mind altogether.

It was a moment later when they heard a loud clinking sound of a metal, and when Woojin turned his gaze back he saw the bullet had been removed from her. Woojin pulled his thought back and immediately helping Chanyeol to stitch her opened lower chest, when suddenly he heard a deafening sound of the monitor that indicated that she was indeed fell into a critical state despite the fact that the surgery was almost done.

“Nurse Hwang, adjust the ventilator.” Woojin commanded.

Chanyeol did not budge, his eyes were totally focused on her as he trying to find the source of the sudden failure. On the other hand, Woojin helped him to mend the pool of blood that were suddenly oozing out of her. Depite the chaos, he knew Chanyeol tried his best to saved her as much as he could. He knew, despite the mask that covered half of his face, he could clearly see how frustrated and scared Chanyeol now.

“We’re losing her, Yeol.” He had to admit that he hated the fact that he just let the words slipped from his mouth just like that as he saw her bestfriend’s shaking pupils.

“Come on, baby. Please.” Chanyeol murmured, loud enough for both of Woojin and Nurse Hwang who were standing beside him to hear.

They could hear his plea, as if he was begging her. As much as the scene of the young doctor displaying so many emotions at the moment was new and amusing for her, Nurse Hwang had to admit that there was a tugging pain seeing the couple in front of her. It was rather dramatic scene, a doctor trying all of his best to save the love of his life, yet it was real.

As if the universe got another plan for them, she suddenly could hear a stable sound coming from the monitor as her blood pressure suddenly went back to normal, and they all heaved in tremendous relief. She saw how Chanyeol closed his eyes momentarily before opened it again as he let out a breath that he did not know he had been holding all this time.

“Cut.” She nodded when he heard his voice, cutting the thread deftly.

 

 

Chanyeol looked at her sleeping state as they wheeled her away from the operation room to the ICU room that was located right beside it. He took off his gloves and rubbed his face, stress clearly visible on his sharp features.

“You’ve done a great job, bud.” He looked up and Woojin was already beside him, squeezing his shoulder gently.

He nodded and Woojin continued, “Everything is okay. She will be fine.”

“Yeah.”

 

When Chanyeol entered the waiting room, he was welcomed with the sight of their families, both of his mothers and mother in law tear-stricken face, his father hopeful face and his father in law restless face. As soon as they see Chanyeol, they started to surrounding him, as if waiting any update from him about his wife current state.

Chanyeol sighed, his eyes clearly tired, “The operation went fine, she’ll be fine.”

There were a lot of relief breathing and her mother’s gasping sound as she clutched to her husband, wailing out of happiness with the fact that her daughter was safe.

“Where’s she now, Son? Can we visit her?” his father asked, touching his shoulder and placed a gentle squeeze.

Chanyeol shook his head, “She’s still in the ICU, Dad. If there’s nothing happened to her tonight, we can move her to the regular room tomorrow.”

His dad nodded in return and his mom immediately hugged him, said that he had done a very good job and Chanyeol only smiled as he returned the hug. His eyes wandered to the couple across him, both of his parents in law who were hugging each other, and he bowed his head slightly when his father in law caught his gaze and mouthing a soft thank you to him.

 

Chanyeol sat on the bench that was placed in front of the ICU room. His gaze staring at nothing blankly while his mind wandered aimlessly to the particular event this evening, and he immediately closed his eyes in frustration. He was almost lost her, and the thought suddenly made his body tensed. He brushed his face harshly before peeking to look at his watch, it was already late at night. His shift had ended hours ago and was replaced by his wife bestfriend, none other than Cha Eunjae herself. The girl had been quite shocked after she saw his wife condition and promised Chanyeol that she would take extra care for the love of his life.

“Coffee?” he immediately looked up when he heard a familiar voice.

He bowed when he saw Lee Dongchul stood up in front of him, holding two cup of coffee that probably he just got from one of the vending machines. His father in law smiled in return and stretched one of the cups that he gladly accepted with both of his hands.

“Thank you, Father.” He muttered before sipping the hot Americano in his hand, the warm caffeine slowly gathered all his battered thoughts.

“I should be the one who say thank you, Chanyeol.” his father in law replied, squeezed his shoulder gently and he could clearly see the gratefulness and sincerity in his wrinkled eyes, “Thank you for saving my daughter.”

Chanyeol shook his head, “It’s my responsibility, Father. Yoohee is my wife.”

Lee Dongchul stared at him for a moment before a smile stretched upon his face. The smile was so sincere and his eyes was soft, this was the first time Chanyeol saw that side of him and he suddenly felt warmth engulfing his body. This was also the first time since he married his daughter, that he and his father in law spending time and having real talk together. There was a silence between the two, but it did not feel awkward at all, it was not a deafening silence because he suddenly felt so comfortable and warm. He did not know, whether it was because the fact that he was sitting right beside the great and powerful Lee Dongchul or any other reasons, but Chanyeol felt so secure and calm all at once.

He was the first one that broke the silence, “May I know what happened back then, Father?”

Lee Dongchul sighed and closed his eyes for a second, “We were betrayed, by my own brother, Lee Donghee that foolish greedy bastard.”

“Donghee Uncle? But—” Chanyeol asked in disbelief.

“Ironically, yes. I always have a hunch about him being greedy but I tried to ignore it. Yet, the worst finally happened. Yoohee being a sweet and soft girl she always is, willing to do extra miles to saved him, even after the fact that he already betrayed his own flesh.” he gritted his teeth.

Chanyeol closed his eyes, he was mad and frustrated with all of this. He knew that this business world that his wife taking was cruel, betrayal was nothing rather surprising for them who involved in there. The thought of Yoohee facing this for almost everyday suddenly turn him rigid, how could someone as sweet as her could handle this for almost all of her life? Not to mention his own uncle that he knew she trusted with all of her heart.

“What happened to him? Both Donghee and that Seunghun guy?” Chanyeol suddenly felt like he did not need to use any formalities to her uncle.

“Seunghun is dead. We’re gonna take his company with us as a revenge, he did not have any heir after all while Donghee, he should put up with the consequences of his crime.” His father in law answered.

Chanyeol could felt relief washed all over him, part of him happy that both of the men would pay the price for their bad deeds, yet another part of him worrying on how Yoohee would copes up when she knew she would lose her uncle after all that had happened. But one thing he was sure of, everything will be okay from now on. He was sure that everything will be fine for both of Yoohee and him. They fell into another comfortable silent as each of them seems to swimming on their own deep thoughts. Seconds later, his father in law voice woke him up from his thoughts.

“Do you love my daughter, Son?”

Chanyeol did not need think twice before answering, confidence latched on his word, “With all my heart.”

 

Nurse Hwang was on the nurse counter, rummaging through some sort of patients’ documents when she felt a soft nudged from her side. The old woman turned her gaze only to find two of her coworkers gesturing something to her with their chin, their eyes were in so much interest. She softly snarled before unwillingly let herself turn into the direction of the ICU room in front of them. And then her jaw dropped looking at the sight, hardly believing what she was seeing right at the moment.

She already saw so much affections that Park Chanyeol had showed to his wife much to her amusement because he was known for his coldness and expressionless traits. Yet, the scene in front of her was much more amusing and lovely than any other moments she had already seen before, it showed how much the cold Park Chanyeol really loved and cared for his wife. It showed that the great Park Chanyeol was only a mere human as she saw the guy caressed his wife cheeks as he rested his forehead against hers. He looked so peaceful yet sad, his eyes were closed and his eyebrows were deeply furrowed. She could hear her coworkers cooing sound when they saw the doctor kissed the top of her head, looked at her with honey dripping from his eyes as his mouth mumbled something that they could not comprehend.

“I hope she would wake up soon.” She heard one of them said and she silently prayed for the same thing.

 

Lee Yoohee was finally woke up four days later, much to everyone surprised.

 

 

One year later.

 

Yoohee let out a silent huffed when she went out from one of the toilet’s cubicle and beaming happily when she spotted someone in front of the toilet’s mirror, checking her appearance.

“Excuse me.” She hesitantly said and the woman turned to her.

Yoohee scanned her for a while and smiled apologetically when she saw her confused face. She was sure that the nurse in front of her was probably one of the new additions of Nurse Hwang’s team judging from the awkwardness that radiating from her, as Eunjae told her yesterday. In other hand, the nurse seems baffled yet surprised as she saw the beautiful woman who was smiling in front of her. She had never seen someone as beautiful this woman other than Dr. Cha before.

“Y-Yes, anything I can help, Miss?” she stuttered.

Yoohee grinned at her, “I was wondering, could you help me to Dr. Cha’s office?”

The nurse nodded in a beat and Yoohee throwing thank you to her for a couple of times. After washing her hands, the new nurse ushered her to Cha Eunjae’s new office. That was true what she said back then, Yoohee was kind of lost because Eunjae apparently had moved to another office room in the hospital. She muttered her gratefulness toward the young nurse before she replied with smile and took her leave. Yoohee knocked and she could saw her bestfriend beaming happily when she caught a sight of her.

 

 

The nurse went back to the counter and sat beside Nurse Hwang and nurse Son who were currently rummaging through some documents. She suddenly smiled gleefully when she caught a glimpse of two handsome doctors coming out from the operation room, quickly smartened her uniform when Chanyeol approached the counter to gave some documents regarding the patient to Nurse Hwang.

“You better stop yourself on having that huge crush to Dr. Park, Nurse Cho.” Nurse Son who had been looking at her with raised eyebrows finally said. Did not she notice the wedding ring that perfectly circled around his finger?

“I can’t. He was so handsome despite that coldness which made him more attractive. I’ll surely try my best to win him, Sunbae.” She shamelessly said, earning a look from both of the older nurses beside her.

“Stop dreaming, Nurse Cho. He’s not up to your par, not even everyone.” Nurse Son giggled, nudging Nurse Hwang who had been listening their banter all this time with same thoughts as her.

 

 

“Oh my God! Yoo, when did you arrive?” she happily sang, hugged her tightly.

Yoohee pulled away, her hands still lingered on her bestfriends arms, “I just ended my session with Dr. Kim twenty minutes ago. Apparently, Chanyeol still in the operation room.”

Eunjae nodded as she averted her gaze to Yoohee’s bulging stomach, “How’s my nephew doing?”

“He’s fine. Do you want to see him?” Yoohee’s answered, happily handed her the new baby ultrasound that she just took this afternoon after another session with Dr. Kim.

“Oh my God! Look at him, he definitely got your nose, Yoo. Oh my God, look at how big he is!” Eunjae was jumping up and down while looking at the four dimension ultrasound, mesmerizing it as if he was her own son.

Yoohee nodded, smiling broadly when she looked at her excited bestfriend beside her. They were spent another hour talking and cooing about her baby and they daily life. Half an hour later, Eunjae suggested for them to looked for her bestfriend’s husband and Yoohee was more than glad to did so.

Chanyeol was in the middle of discussing something about the previous patient’s state when he heard Eunjae’s voice calling his name. Furrowing his eyebrows, both of Chanyeol and Woojin turned to the direction of voice and his eyes were suddenly lit up at the sight of his wife waving and smiling at him. He was almost instantly opened his arms as the younger woman secured her spot inside them, buried her face on the crook of his neck. He smelled like antiseptics and hospital scent but she loved it as much as she loved the guy.

“Sorry for missing today session, baby. Is everything alright?” he mumbled through her hair, his hand caressing her swollen belly lovingly.

Yoohee nodded and looked up to him, “It’s okay. Our son is more than healthy.”

Chanyeol smiled as he hair softly, resisting the urge to kissed his beautiful right at the moment because they were still in the hospital and he was well aware that people were looking at them, and also the existence of their bestfriend who were hissing enviously beside him.

“Ugh. You guys are disgustingly adorable! Woojin, let’s speed up our wedding date.” Eunjae whined, earning a heartily laughed from Yoohee and a stifled chuckle from Chanyeol.

Woojin looked at her bewildered, “Are you crazy, woman?”

Now, both of Chanyeol and Yoohee could not help but to laughed at the couple in front of them. Ever since Yoohee woke up from her coma months ago, she and Chanyeol was inseparable. Chanyeol just suddenly dropped all of his cold exterior whenever his wife was around and them being so lovey dovey toward each other, and it was finally rubbed on Cha Eunjae as she half asked half demanded Woojin to marry her as soon as possible. It was three months after Yoohee found herself pregnant that Woojin finally proposed to her bestfriend. Ever since, both of them had been nothing but a mess trying to balancing their busy schedule and wedding preparation.

Chanyeol checked on his watch, “My shift will end in twenty minutes, how about you go home with me?”

“That’s great. I need to buy some groceries, though.” Yoohee gleamed at him.

“It’s settled then.” He said as he her head lovingly, a chuckle escaped his lips when he heard another banter between Eunjae and Woojin about their wedding date because the girl was too envious looking at them.

 

 

“That’s Dr. Park wife?” Nurse Cho looked at the sight in front of her in much disbelief.

“That’s why I told you to back out, Dr.Park is a loyal married man.” Nurse Son snickered, beaming seconds later when she saw Lee Yoohee waved at her and Nurse Hwang, “He is completely head over heels with his wife.”

Nurse Cho jaw dropped looking at the pregnant woman inside Chanyeol arms, so the beautiful woman that she had been helping just now was Dr.Park’s wife. Of course, she was nothing compared to the woman in front of her, not even of the tip of her toenail. She could saw how the cold Park Chanyeol was all smiles only to her, how she could saw the honey and love that were clearly dripping from both of their eyes when they looked at each other, and how he almost teared his face with his wide smile when she showed him something that looked like a baby ultrasound. She was anything but Lee Yoohee’s par.

 

 

 

“Baby?” Yoohee peeked her head from behind the door, looking sleepily at her husband who was still scanning through some paper works at his workspace.

Chanyeol looked up and smiled at her, gesturing the woman to enter the room and coming to his side. Yoohee was more than glad to do so as she closed the door and approached him, standing beside him and gave a light squeeze to both of his tired shoulder.

“Still working?” she asked, glancing at a pile of paper works that splattered on his desk.

He hummed, enjoying her touch as he closed his eyes, “You should take a rest, baby.”

“How can I sleep when my husband isn’t there beside me.” She whined and Chanyeol let out a chuckle.

He took her hand as he carefully positioned her in between his legs, “Come here, you big baby.”

Chanyeol wrapped his arms around her waist, her swollen belly softly as he rested his head onto her shoulder. He hummed as he inhaled her sweet vanilla scent that he loved so dearly. They had been come in a very long way, and he was beyond happy with the fact that his six-month pregnant wife was safe and sound inside his embrace after all of the horrible things that they had been through.

“This is good.” He hummed and Yoohee smiled, brushing his clasped hand with her thumb.

Her mind travelled back to the previous time when she opened her eyes one year ago in the hospital. She remembered the first thing she saw when she opened her eyes was Chanyeol, who apparently did his daily check up on her, and she could vividly remember his glistening eyes when she called his name. She remembered how their parents barging all at once to her hospital room when Chanyeol finally allowed them to visit her, her mother tears and her father relieved face, she remembered it all too well. After a week staying on the hospital, the first thing that she did was visiting her uncle who apparently had been admitted to jail after his wrongdoing. She remembered how her uncle asking for her forgiveness repeatedly and despite what he already did, she forgave him. After all, he was still the uncle that she loved as much as she loved her parents.

One month after her recovery, both of her and Chanyeol was more than glad to go back to their daily active ual life, only to find out a week later that they were finally expecting a baby and both of their parents reaction were even worst from her husband when they announced it. Chanyeol was beyond excited and happy, he was the sweetest husband as he took care of her and he handled all of her morning sickness and hormonal outbursts very patiently. If she looked back in time, it was as if God gave them everything they needed at the right time and it was so beautiful and right. She was still the heiress of the company and she was still in control for everything related to it up until now. The only different thing was, her father forced her to hire a wingman for her to replaced her uncle position. His name was Oh Sehun, he was one of her loyal people and a very capable man and he had the same work pace and ideas just like Lee Yoohee did, after so much consideration both of her and her father finally agree to promoted him to the new position, much to her own liking.

Everything had been very beautiful for both of them, also with the fact that they were currently counting the months on welcoming their bundle of joy, the little version of Park Chanyeol. Yoohee sighed in contentment as she leaned to Chanyeol’s chest, resting her head at the crook of his neck while Chanyeol kissed the side of her head repeatedly, making her giggled.

“I was dreaming of you back then.” She suddenly said and Chanyeol hummed in response.

She continued, “When I was in my coma state, I kind of dreaming of you. I was at the beautiful park alone, not wanting to go home because everything was so beautiful and peaceful,” she felt Chanyeol tightened his arms, “But then you appeared, you asked me to go home.”

She could feel Chanyeol lips twitch upward, “Thank you for coming back to me.”

Yoohee shook her head as she played with his long fingers, “I can’t imagine tomorrow without you, baby. That’s why I decided to follow you, because you are my home.”

Chanyeol pulled away a little to take a good look at her, “I love you.”

The words had been itching to rolled from his mouth ever since then, and he was glad it finally did as he saw her eyes twinkling with happiness. Yoohee could saw love and sincerity inside his orbs, and she knew that it was all because of her and only for her. Their relationship had been turned to be the most amazing thing not only for their life but also for their personality improvement, and although they started everything not because of love, yet this marriage taught them the best on how to love and open their hearts for one another.

“I love you too.” She leaned closer when Chanyeol took her plump lips on his.

They pulled away minutes later, catching their breath as Chanyeol guided her to stood up, “Let’s go to bed.”

She smiled at him as she took his stretched hand on hers, following him to their shared bedroom. She knew that there still had a very long way to go, and she knew both of them completely had no idea about what would happen in the future, and they might be more emotional outbursts and frustrating times ahead for the rest of their life, but she did not care and she knew he would also do the same.

That was because they knew, despite all the frustrating times that might lie ahead of them, they would have each other’s back. Forever.

Chanyeol was spooning her from behind, his arms wrapped around her waist, caressing her belly while whispering sweet nothings to her ear.

“Good night, baby.” He heard her sleepy voice.

He buried his face onto her shoulder, kissing her bare skin, “Good night, love.”

They smiled as they let sleep took over them completely. They knew that tomorrow would be better than today because they were together, hand in hand, for the rest of their life.

 

===========================================================================================================================

Hi Guys!

Oh yes it is finally the end. 

Thank you for all of your supports for this story, I wish I could hug you one by one. I've read all your comments and i must admit that I feel so touched and it motivated me to complete this story as soon as possible.

I'm thinking of making a bonus chapter or/and a Q&A for our couple or whatsoever, I don't know, what do you think?

If you have anything to ask to the couple or me or the other characters, just drop your questions on the comments section below and I will get them to answer it for you as soon as possible (hehe).

 

So, this is the end of the journey for Tomorrow With You and thank you for taking the ride with me. 

See you on the next story! (wink wink)

 

Have a good day everyone!