Chapter 2

First Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The first time Seulgi saw Seungwan, it was during their middle school field trip. They visited an art museum then, showing various art pieces from paintings to sculptures. If it was any other student in their batch, they would’ve found the whole trip boring. But since she’s Seulgi and she loves art to her core, these pieces interests her. She would even go as far as to think that they spoke to her.

 

 

She was staring at a painting of woman, admiring the intensity of the woman’s eyes and the brush , when she heard sobbing from the corner. 

 

 

She followed the continuous sobs until she turned and met a kid wearing a similar uniform to hers. The kid was facing the wall. From the shaking on her shoulder, she can only wonder what made her cry.

 


   
She called the kid softly, “Hey.” The kid didn’t seem to hear her, so she reached out and touched her shoulder. 

 

 

“Hey, you okay?” she asked. The kid startled from the touch. She felt sorry for startling the kid. 

 

 

The kid covered her face with a hand before she turned to her. When she saw the tear-stained face that looked down on the ground, she tried to coax the kid to look at her and asked again, 

 

 

“Are you okay? What happened?” The kid looked up a bit to her question and shook her head. 
‘She really seems shaken. What do I do?” Seulgi thought. 

 


She really seems taken by the kid. She can’t really leave her alone after coming to her. Seulgi sighed.

 

 

She noticed that the kid is cradling something with her other arm. It’s black and has a strap. ‘Oh? It’s a camera,’ she mused. From the looks of it, it looks quite expensive. The kid was cradling it like some sort of puppy that she lost. ‘Wait,’ Seulgi thought.

 


“Is it about your camera?” Seulgi asked, and the kid widened her eyes in surprise before becoming teary again. 

 


“Oh no no no no … Please don’t cry,” Seulgi comforted the kid. She didn’t expect to hit off the jackpot like that only to have the kid crying again. Aish.

 

 

The kid sniffled before nodding her head in a cute manner. Aww, she’s so cute.

 

 

“Y-Yes …” The kid sniffed. Seulgi felt sorry but she just had to ask what happened, “What happened? To your cam, I mean.” The kid looked like she’s about to burst into tears but answered in a cracking voice. 

 


“I-It fell from my h-hands. When I picked it up and tried to turn it o-on,” the kid stopped before sniffing and continued, “it wouldn’t turn on,” the kid sobbed a bit harder.

 

 

Seulgi really felt taken by the kid. “Hey, mind I take a look at it?” The kid was hesitant at first before handing her camera to Seulgi. 

 

 

Seulgi was a huge art enthusiast. Her parents saw her talent at the tender age of 3 when she picked up a piece of crayon and draw a circle with a steady hand. Her parents were quite surprised to see her be able to do that when none of them taught her how to draw. Always opting to give her learning blocks and tinker with cook sets.

 

 

But from then on, her parents supported her artistic side and always gave her new art supplies. She never runs out of her passion for this hobby. So, it became natural for her to take a liking to photography as well. It started with her brother’s digital camera before her parents saved enough to buy her a DSLR. 

 

 

She fiddled with the kid’s camera and tried to figure out what’s wrong with it. ‘It didn’t seem broken,’ she thought. She pressed the power button longer before the camera came to life. Ha, she let it out a sigh of relief.

 

 

She smiled fondly at the kid before explaining that it’s not really broken and that she might want to let a professional to look at it after this trip. The kid smiled widely at that then almost burst into tears.

 

 

“Hey, hey, what’s wrong now?” Seulgi almost panicked at the sight before the kid answered and told her she’s just happy there’s nothing wrong with the camera. Seulgi laughed a bit at that.

 

 

She handed the camera back to the kid. “Here you go, take care of it.” Seulgi smiled at her.

 

 

“Thank you so much, uhmm …” The kid thanked her before trailing off. “I forgot to ask for your name,” she looked at Seulgi adorably with her cheeks puffing a bit in confusion. 

 

 

“It’s Seulgi,” she gave her name and laughed a bit. “Thank you, Seulgi. I’m Wendy, by the way,” the kid, Wendy, reached her hand out for a handshake. Seulgi smiled and took her hand.

 

 

From then on, they became solid best friends who spent their days together talking about their shared passion for photography and art. They’ve been through a lot and had shared their secrets with each other. They even went to the same schools together. So it wasn’t surprising that they knew each other pretty well. 

 

 

When she saw Wendy back from the interview, with her shoulders slumped in defeat and looking like a kicked puppy, she knew it wasn’t just about the interview. Even as Joy told Wendy not to worry.

 

 

So, when Wendy left to wait for them at the café and it was Joy’s turn to go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter