Chapter 11

First Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The morning sun infiltrated the blinds covering the huge floor to ceiling windows. The living room alighted with sunlight causing the ebony-haired woman to stir awake. She felt warm soft cushion underneath her fingertips. Too soft to be called her bed, too warm to be her blanket.

 

 

She still has her eyes closed, so she can’t really question her surroundings much, succumbing instead to the sleep-induced haze that she’s still in, comfortably clutching that too warm and too soft and fluffy pillow.

 


Joohyun felt herself being pulled closer to that source of warm, making her burrow herself further to where shoulder meets neck – wait, what?

 

 

Joohyun pulled herself away a bit, eyes blinking blearily chasing away the sleep that she so desperately wanted to succumb again to but for obvious reasons such as why is this pillow too soft and too warm, her flight response kicked in.

 

 

She noticed tangled brown-hair tickling her nose, pale soft neck and collarbones peeking when shirt moved. She saw strong sharp jawline meeting chin, lips partly opened, and pert nose. 

 

 

“S-Seungwan?” Joohyun mindlessly muttered, stirring the brunette under her from her slumber but not enough to wake her up.

 

 

She heard her Seungwan moan, which made her blush and hide her red cheeks from the other girl, which is silly, because Seungwan was still asleep. Now that she’s conscious, she doesn’t really mind being cocooned like this in the warmth and everything that is Seungwan. 

 


She unknowingly traced circles on Seungwan's shirt, making the latter feel ticklish.

 

 


“H-Hey, s-stop that,” Joohyun heard her mutter, voice husky and still groggy from sleep. ‘Hot’, she thought, smile forming on her lips as she lovingly stared at the younger girl. Joohyun pulled the body under her closer, making Seungwan tighten her arms around the older woman.

 

 

“J-Joohyun?” Seungwan blearily asked

 

 

Joohyun hummed in reply, eyes closing, not wanting to separate herself from Seungwan (if she could).

 

 

 

“You awake?” 

 

 

 

Joohyun huffed in reply, opening one eye to look at the other girl only to have Seungwan actually staring back at her, sleepy yet full of affection. Joohyun nodded her head against the latter’s shirt, so meek so early in the morning.

 

 

Joohyun can’t help it, she forgot what it’s like to wake up next to someone you have feelings for.

 

 

 

“Good morning,” Seungwan greeted her, voice cheery and bright even with sleep lining her face.

 

 

“Hmmm, good morning,” she answered, rather meekly which earned her a beaming smile from Seungwan.

 

 


“Not a morning person?”

 

 


“Not really,” she answered, Seungwan chuckling at her response.

 

 


“Are you in a rush to get home today?” Seungwan asked, Joohyun shook her head, 

 

 


“I hope you’re up for breakfast,” Seungwan said, disentangling herself from the mess of limbs, Joohyun almost groaning at the sudden lack of warmth, forgetting that it was by luck that they got into that compromising position in the first place.

 

 

 

“You should go wash up first,” Seungwan smiled at her, already sat up and looking down at her, a hand reaching down to keep away strands of hair from her face, “I’ll prepare some clothes you can wear, I suppose you wouldn’t want to go home in that dress right?” Joohyun half-smiled at the younger girl’s observation, only nodding her head, she can’t really talk much, mind still on the sudden absence of warmth.

 

 

 

“Okay! I’ll put the clothes near the toiletries, you can use the extra toothbrush,” Seungwan patted her cheek, before she got up to go get some clothes in her room.

 

 

 

Joohyun buried her head on the pillow Seungwan just left, groaning once she heard Seungwan got inside the room. She felt her cheeks warm as she inhaled the scent lingering on the pillow, clutching the blanket close to her chest. 

 

 


‘Get a grip, Bae!’ she chided herself.

 

 

 

She got up once she got most of her bearings straight, looking around at the mess of the living room. Joohyun picked up the blanket she used, folding it when Seungwan went out and saw what she’s doing.

 

 

“Hey, you don’t have to do that. You’re a guest,” the latter chuckling, as she reached out for the blanket Joohyun was folding.

 

 

“Uh-oh, lemme help. It’ll make the chores a lot easier to handle,” stubbornly keeping the blanket away from Seungwan’s reach.

 

 

“Seriously, though. I don’t wanna feel guilty,” reaching out once more

 


“No uh oh,” Joohyun said, as she hid the blanket behind her back.

 


“But-!”

 


“No buts!” Joohyun glared at her, making Seungwan step back with a pout.

 


“Okay but you should freshen up first,” Seungwan said, in a placating manner

 

 

“Nope, I’ll do that after I finished cleaning this mess, okay?” smirking, Joohyun said as she placed the folded blanket on the couch, making Seungwan sigh in defeat, method clearly useless when Joohyun continuously folded the blankets. 

 

 

 

But it didn’t really bother her, Seungwan smiling at the busy body. She just finds the whole thing so domestic, unused to the feeling of having someone over who voluntarily does these things for her.

 

 

Just a simple night in spent with dinner and movie, staying over when it gets too late and still be around for breakfast the next morning. It’s all too simple and natural and domestic compared to dinner dates outside and elaborate romanticisms. 

 

 

If this is love, Seungwan hopes and hopes Joohyun will still remain – no matter what.

 

 

She walked over the older woman, bent over as she picked up liquor bottles lining them up on the table. Seungwan gingerly s her arms around the latter’s waist, making Joohyun froze at the gesture, leaning in at the back of her head, “Thank you,” enunciating every word with all the feeling she could muster.

 

 

Seungwan felt the Joohyun cover her hands with her own

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter