Chapter 9

First Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Wannie, where do I put these?”

 

 

Seulgi was holding a bowl of pasta that she forgot the name about, just that she knows its mouth-watering because Seungwan makes the best dishes. No joke.

 

 


“Just put it at the center of the coffee. Can you also please lay out the cutleries and utensils? I’m almost done with the steak,” Seungwan said, at the sound of the word ‘steak’ Seulgi can’t help but drool at the smell of meat and spices that permeated from the kitchen to her place by the living room. She immediately placed the bowl she’s holding to the table, before going over to Seungwan’s kitchen cabinets to get the cutleries and utensils.

 

 


They’re a bit short on time, after Joy texted them that they’re on their way back to the apartment, it spurred the two into a chaotic ball of energy, immediately springing into action to prepare the place and the food. Seulgi decorated the whole living room, making it look like something that came straight out of every romcom movies. The couch pushed back to the wall, giving more space at the center and in front of the TV. 

 


Seungwan’s potted plants were decorated with fairy lights, giving it a kind of ethereal glow. Scented candles were scattered around the area, atop the huge stereo, placed around the plants, on the coffee table, on the night stand, and some on the kitchen island and by the entrance of Seungwan’s living room. Throw pillows and bean bags were place near the TV and the coffee table. Thin, white cloth was draped over the TV, somehow serving as background of some sort. The whole space now had this homey, comfortable, and romantic ambiance, a stark contrast to Seungwan’s bachelorette pad from earlier.

 

 

As Seulgi decorated the living room for the date night, Seungwan was the one tasked to cook the food, to complete the whole picture. She cooked Shrimp Florentine Pasta, whipping it up in mere 20 minutes, a result from constant practice of her cooking. She also cooked warm kale salad with bacon, dates, almonds, shallots and parmesan. 

 

 

For her most impressive dish, though, the smell of the steak with the scallops made Seulgi skip to Seungwan’s side, peering over the cooking girl’s shoulder all the while muttering a ‘Wah, Wan, that looks so delicious’, Seulgi’s voice wet with awe from the sight of the food as Seungwan flipped the other side.

 

 

“You think so?” Seungwan asked, question hanging as more of a statement, Seulgi nodded her head adorably, the older girl’s bun bobbing up and down at the frantic nodding. 

 

 

“If she doesn’t like you for your steak, then she doesn’t deserve you at all,” Seulgi said, a hint of conviction at her tone. 

 

 

Seungwan turned to look at her friend, happy to her hear support from her, “Thanks, Seul. You’re the best!” Seulgi squeezed her elbow and smiled widely at her friend.

 

 

“By the way, what’s for dessert?” Seulgi asked, changing the topic as Seungwan finished the plating for the steak. “It’s a good thing I made red velvet cake yesterday and I got a few cartons of ice cream on my fridge as well,” Seungwan said, wiping the sauce off the plate, before turning to give two plates for Seulgi to put in the living room.

 


“You just outdid yourself right there, Seungwannie! I’m glad you made some in advance, it’d be hard to make desserts at the last minute,” Seulgi said, complimenting her efforts. 

 

 

“I know right? Had I known better I would’ve made a better dessert fitting for Joohyun,” Seungwan said, wistful, slipping into familiarity at the mention of Joohyun’s name.

 

 

 

“First name basis, huh?” Seulgi said, turning to Seungwan with a smirk on her face after she put the plates down, Seungwan’s face a mask of surprise at her slip and the subtle teasing to her best friend’s tone. 

 

 

“Didn’t know you two were already this close?” Seulgi laughed, punching Seungwan’s shoulder playfully, once she was cleared of the plates. 

 


“Was she also the one you were with, when you suddenly ditched us after you stormed my apartment?” to that, Seungwan’s eyes widen, blushing furiously, before answering with a stuttering “W-What are you talking about?” looking anywhere else but Seulgi.

 

 

“Hey! You don’t get to play innocent with me!” Seulgi pushed her playfully, almost toppling her over, but Seungwan was able to hold her balance well, “You left me alone with Joy!” Seungwan glared at her, but without malice, eyes glinting with mischief, “But you got what you wanted right? You ought to thank me, you idiot! I saw the way she was clinging to you,” Seungwan humphed triumphantly, able to get back at Seulgi’s teasing with the way the red was creeping to the older girl’s cheeks, smiling smugly at the flushed expression on Seulgi’s face, rendering her speechless. 

 

 

They were supposed to tell Seungwan today, hence the supposed dinner and movie night.

 

 

 

Seulgi gulped, the idea of Sooyoung getting mad making her cower.

 


***

 

 

The car ride on the way to Seungwan’s apartment was filled with silence, saved from the music by the car’s stereo. When Joohyun got to the parking lot, Joy explained that the car didn’t belong to her, it was Seungwan’s, making her immediately get to the passenger side and opened it to slid inside. She ignored the taller girl’s teasing smirk that she happened to glimpsed, riding Seungwan’s car definitely made up to the lack of the girl’s presence. She felt appeased by a fraction after taking in the hint of vanilla and roses, the scent she found herself associating with Seungwan.

 


Joy coming to pick her up may have soured her mood, the car ride may be silent but the comforting bubble and the smell of Seungwan permeating the car’s i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter