Chapter 8

First Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Hair twisted in a towel while body is covered in a fluffy bath robe, Seungwan just got out of the shower when she heard giggles and rustling near the threshold of her apartment. ‘What was that noise?,’ Seungwan thought, head tilted, straining her ears to hear better, while walking the few paces towards her front door when Seulgi and Joy came into view, both girls smiling widely at each other with Joy clinging to Seulgi in a very affectionate manner.

 

 

“Wh-What are you guys doing here?” Seungwan told the two, startling them from their staring contest, whipping their heads towards the sound of her voice. Seungwan would have laughed at the comical expressions painted on their faces if only she was not perplexed as to why her friends are currently in her residence.

 

 

“Unnie! You almost gave me a heart attack!” Joy berated Seungwan, stepping away from Seulgi to slap her shoulder. The slap almost knocked Seungwan to the side from the force of it, yelping an ‘Ow!’, she underestimated Joy’s strength. She felt for the area that Joy hit while glaring daggers at her friend, a scolding at the tip of her tongue when Seulgi beat her to it.

 

 

“Wan! I see you just got out of the shower!” smiling widely with her eyes almost disappearing, Seulgi approached Seungwan, with an armful of paper bags full of what – she doesn’t know. “Go get dressed! We brought the ingredients, though you didn’t tell us what to buy, we just bought what we know you’re good at,” Seulgi continued, holding her arm to usher her toward her bedroom.

 

Seungwan can’t wrap her mind to what’s suddenly happening, why her friends are here, and her movie date with Joohyun later, eyebrows furrowed while shaking her head to get her mind in to thinking.

 

 

“W-Wait, wait, WAIT!” Seungwan brought her feet to a stop, all the while prying Seulgi’s hand off of her, turned towards her. She frowned at her friend, “You didn’t answer my question!” Seulgi only quirked an eyebrow at her, staring at her as if she’s grown two heads.

 

 

“What?”

 

“I said, you didn’t answer my question! What are you two doing here?” Seungwan’s impatient now. She still has to prepare for her date. She still hasn’t chosen what to wear. She still has so many things to do and here her friends are, barging into her apartment – she’s about to freakin’ lose her mind.

 

 

Seulgi laughed at her, disbelievingly, “What do you mean ‘what are we doing here’?”

 

“Seul, I’m serious,” sure she’s serious now, Seulgi abruptly stopped laughing, noticing her friend’s stoic expression. She gulped at the sight, sure, Seungwan is the kindest and most warm-hearted person she knows, but Seungwan annoyed, irritated, and angry is not a kind, warm-hearted Seungwan. Seulgi felt like she made a mistake – but what?—she doesn’t even know.

 

 

“Wan, have you forgotten?” Seulgi said placating, to which Seungwan just quirked her eyebrow at. Seungwan may be smart, but she sure can be forgetful. She sighed at her friend’s short term memory, “We made plans today. You said yes to dinner and movie,” Seulgi said, pouting at her friend.

 

 

“W-What?!” To say she’s shocked at what Seulgi said is an understatement, “Was it today?” she wished so hard, that it was just the wrong date. But the hell – her friends are already here, she wasn’t raised by her parents to be rude. ‘Arrgh,’ Seungwan faceplamed herself – way to screw her plans.

 

 

Seulgi wasn’t sure what’s wrong with her friend, she’s never seen her like this, like she’s so torn about something, so she just gave answer a small ‘Yeah’. She looked over at Joy, gesturing at her to take the paper bags that she’s still carrying.

 

 

“Look, Wan. I don’t know what’s happening to you, but you should get some clothes on before you get sick,” Seungwan looked at Seulgi like she’s about to cry, she nodded her head a bit, sighing heavily as she her feet to get to her bedroom.

 

Seulgi her feet to get to Sooyoung, who’s now standing by the coffee table, the paper bags she told her to keep away now stashed by the kitchen island. She looked over at what the other girl is busy with, “What’s that?” arms reaching out to encircle Sooyoung’s waist, as she tried to peer over what the other girl is looking at.

 

 

“Unnie, I think I know what’s wrong with Seungwan unnie,” Sooyoung gravely said, voice low and almost shaky. Seulgi looked up at Sooyoung, the other girl now staring at her, fearful glint clear in her eyes. Sooyoung showed her the phone she’s holding – its Seungwan’s – and peered at the series of messages on the screen.

 

 

4:45PM Joohyun-ah<3: im done preparing! (

4:46PM Joohyun-ah<3: text me when u r on ur way ok?

4:47PM Joohyun-ah<3: I’ll go down asap hihi

 

 

No , Sherlock.

 

 

“I think we just screwed it for Wannie, Sooyoung ah,” Seulgi said, the same look from Sooyoung reflecting on her eyes.

 

 

“What do we do now, unnie?” Sooyoung said, biting her nails at the thought of talking to Seungwan.

 

“Let’s just wait for Seungwan for now, she’ll know what to do,” Seulgi said, sighing a bit.

 

 

***

 

 

 

Seated on the living room of her own apartment, Joohyun fidgeted with the p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter