Chapter 13

First Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

The sound of fingers gliding over the keyboard at a fast pace resounded throughout a dark room, the only light is coming from the three monitors, slow whirring sound of machine can be heard followed by continuous clicking of the mouse. The tall brunette squinted at the codes in front of her, fingers seemingly moving in a blur with the way she typed. 

 

 

 


“Unnie, how are thin- wha- what is that?!” 

 

 

 


Yeri, shocked beyond comprehension, arrived at the most inappropriate time just as Sunmi dug up various scandals covered by Park Bogum’s connection. Unfortunately, it’s not as ‘covered’, Yeri thought, peeking behind fingers as the screen showed lewd videos of Bogum with various women. Escorts or whatever money can buy for him.

 

 

 

 

Jerk has way too much money, too much time in his pocket.

 

 

 


Sunmi barely glanced as the younger woman placed a cup of coffee a safer distance from her busy hands, unbothered at the dirt she dug with regards to this ‘bubblegum’ guy that harassed their boss, she managed a nod at Yeri’s reaction.

 

 

 

“Damn, unnie,” Yeri started, turning at Sunmi as she stood beside the older woman, “I know what he did was serious offense, not just to Irene-unnie but to the law, as well, but I didn’t know we’d be looking at this much dirt,” scrunching her nose as a particular photo of Bogum palming another woman flashed across the screen.

 

 


“He’s one nasty guy, Yerim. Whatever would befall him,” Sunmi paused, fingers stalling as she glanced at Yeri, “he deserves it,” Yeri could only nod in dark resolution at what the older woman said.

 

 

 

They both glanced back at the screen displaying Bogum’s various crimes, decision firm, remembering the look on their boss’ face – something they don’t ever want to see again. Not again.

 

 

 


As Sunmi went back to the screen, Yeri can’t help the dread that crept under her skin. The feeling of something ominous coming, strengthen by the cup of caffeine she just took. She looked at Sunmi and observed how the older girl seems to be on her zone – shoulders relaxed, hands busied on her PC, head tilted a bit as she focused on the screen.

 

 

 

It was by chance when she found out about Sunmi’s secret hobby, but they never knew it would come to be useful. But if it’s something that could ease their closest unnie’s burden, then it’s a load they’re willing to take on their own. Yeri patted the older brunette’s shoulder, a quiet support next to her.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

Park Bogum.

 

 

 

 

Two words.

 

 

 

 

No – is it even a name she wants to think about now?

 

 

 

 

When Seungwan uttered those words to her, Joohyun could only stare at the younger girl in – what? Surprise? Shock? – she doesn’t even know what. One thing she knows for sure: hearing that name unloads another set of bad memories she never wants to think about.

 

 

 

 

But to hear it coming from Seungwan—she can’t even-

 

 

 

 

“Ho-How- wh-what- how- how did you know that name?”

 

 

 


Seungwan looked pained, defeated, shoulders slumped at her question, she pushed her bangs away from her face harshly, deep sigh she let out making Joohyun feel all the conflicting emotions she’s feeling.

 

 


“Can’t you tell me first, who he is?”

 

 


Joohyun can’t begin to comprehend the pleading look on Seungwan’s face. The questions she wants to ask dying on , she gulped, unable to come up with the right words to tell to the younger girl. She doesn’t even know if it’s right for her to tell this to Seungwan.

 

 

 


Seungwan looked down at the older woman’s hands, fist clenched tight on her lap, a clear sign of anxiety. She sighed, she knows she should mind her own business. She knows this is probably something the older woman can’t disclose to her. But how can she relaxed and not worry when she was stalked by someone who clearly isn’t only out to watch her daily life like some paparazzi? How can she not worry when the one photo that clearly got her involve somehow also involved the one person she dearly cares for?

 

 

 

She held the tightly clenched fist, gently prying it open, feeling the small indents Joohyun’s nails left on her palm, “You don’t have to worry about anything, Hyun,” she looked up, the older woman’s soft brown pools glistening with tears, “I just want to help you,” Seungwan brushed a stray tear that fell from Joohyun’s eyes, hand warm as she held the dark-haired woman’s face, caress gentle as if holding a porcelain doll.

 

 


“Hey,” Seungwan let go of Joohyun’s hands, cupping both sides of the older woman’s face, instead, as she cried more, the onslaught of tears helplessly falling, her dam completely broken as she remembered what happened earlier in the day and all those days she tried to forgot of those bad memories, only to have it chucked right on her face again as the one person she thought would never find out about it, asked her about the name of the man that still haunts her to this day.

 

 


“Please don’t cry, Hyun,” she pulled the older woman for a hug, topic forgotten for the mean time as Joohyun cried, Seungwan can’t help but feel the sadness drape over them like a dark rain cloud on a supposed sunny day.

 

 

 


She held her close, arms wrapped protectively over her as she felt her shirt drenched with tears, not minding it in anyway, mind only set on the older woman she’s holding so dear. Seungwan had an inkling about who that Park Bogum is, but she wanted to hear it from the Joohyun; the crimes he’s done, so she can do something about it. 

 

 

 

 

She remembered when she called Sooyoung for help and fear coating her tall friend’s words:

 

 

 

“Unnie, are you sure that stalker said the right name

 

 

 

… cause I’ve never seen anyone who’ve done this much crazy.”

 

 

 

 


If Joohyun is one of his victims, she wants to hear right from the older woman’s mouth. If she is, she want to do something for her – cause she can’t contain this anger that’s b inside her, she just – she just wants to do something about it.

 

 

 

 


So as she held Joohyun close, she vowed to protect the older woman.

 

 

 

 

 

She can’t be stopped.

 

 

 

 


***

 

 

 

 


“Seul.”

 

 

 

 

Seulgi hummed in reply, fingers busy on her game console, body reacting with every hit on her character, too distracted on what she's playing to pay attention to her girlfriend’s worry.

 

 

 

 

“You know how Wendy-unnie is black-belter in Taekwondo right?”

 

 

 

 

Seulgi hummed.

 

 

 


Punch! Punch!

 

 

 

 

Kick! Kick!

 

 

 

“And remember that time when Seungwan-unnie’s ex was like … publicly d?”

 

 

 

“Mmm..” Kick! Punch!

 

 

 

 

 

A beat.

 

 

 

 

 

K.O displaying on the screen.

 

 

 

 


“Do you remember how unnie sounded, then?”

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter