Chapter 16

First Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Cold, hard metal table, hands cuffed together restraining movement from his limbs. Taste of iron in his mouth, the ache he felt on his left eye, the throbbing pain in between his legs making him fidget restlessly in his seat. The harsh lightning made the dull pain in his eyes intensify. The ache on the side of his jaw painful, making it hard for him to complain much less to talk.

 

 


He never knew the day would come when he’d be beaten up and thrown into a cell like this. The privacy of the room meant for him only afforded with the luxury money could provide – but not enough as to take off these handcuffs that bit hard and caress angry red line on his wrist the more he try to move around. 

 

 

 

Bogum didn’t know what came to him.

 

 


A strong force pulled the collar on the back of his neck, making him stumble backwards but not enough to make him fall off balance. But who knew the hours spent on the gym and the number of sports he does isn’t even enough for him to counter with the sudden attack. The sudden off-body experience in which he felt his soul escape from the confines of his well-built and lean body made him fear for death. 

 

 


Body hit by the unknown that forced the air out from his lungs, gut punched and kicked hard. The way he got thrown so carelessly like a paper doll unlike the grown-assed man that he is. He saw a blur  of black and white and felt a punch land on his left eye, the impact and sound of knuckles and his jaw colliding – he felt the ache shoot up to his head, a grunt is the only sound he could muster as another set of attacks met his body. 

 

 


The last traces of consciousness he could remember was the sight of black, cold set of eyes that showed no emotions as his back met the door of Irene’s apartment.

 

 


And when he came to, he’s … here.

 

 

 


***

 

 

 


Saeron was about to enter Yeri’s apartment building when she felt her phone vibrate inside her coat. Shifting the paper bags on her hands to steady her hold on it, she felt for the device, took it out before answering the call.

 

 


“Hello, Kim Saeron, speaking.”

 

 

 

“Kim, go back to the station we got Park Bogum in custody.”

 

 


“W-What? Park Bogum? But how?” Saeron couldn’t believe what she’s hearing, it hasn’t been that long since she, Yeri and Sunmi talked about how this ‘mission’ against Park Bogum is gonna happen and then – what, she receives a phone call that the prime suspect in her case is now held in their custody. Talk about luck.

 

 


“Yeah. He’s in a cell right now. Apparently, he was caught bribing a security guard and a lobby manager in Han Apartment’s to enter the building, and then some Son Seungwan called and reported of a ual assault and trespassing,” Saeron was quiet throughout her colleague’s speech, “anyway, you should come down the station, you’re the lead investigator for his case.”

 

 


“Okay, got it. Give me 15, be there,” Saeron said before ending the call, she pressed for speed dial 1 to call Yeri, turning around before making her way back to her car.

 

 

 

“Hey, babe. Sorry I can’t come over right now. I’m needed back at the station. I’ll call you back once we’re done with this, okay?”

 

 


Saeron heard Yeri whine on the other end before she heard an adorable ‘Fine, be safe. I love you’ followed by a kissy sound, she smirked at the thought of her girlfriend being such an adorably whiny kid. 

 

 


“I’ll tell you about it tomorrow, okay? I love you, too,” ending it with the same kissy sound her girlfriend made.

 


Saeron thought of how all these dots seems to connect itself without any line drawn by her or any of them. She thought of how her case is gonna pan out now that they got a hold of Bogum and the unlawful evidence they have at hand – and she could only hope that she’d be strong enough to protect her girlfriend and her friends.

 

 

 

***

 

 


Yeri plopped back down her couch with a heavy sigh and pout on her lips. She was expecting a night of warm hugs and cuddling and maybe some making out with her girlfriend but—alas! Her girlfriend had to be called back because of work – so much for cuddling and making out, she rolled her eyes before picking up the remote to turn on her TV.

 

 


She was scrolling the various channels on her TV when something on the news channel caught her attention, with mouth agape and eyes widened in surprise at the clip showing on her screen, she sat like that unblinking and shocked in front of the TV screen.

 

 

 


RING! RING! 

 

 


Yeri jumped up from the couch, feeling her heart beat almost stop just from the sound of her phone. She hurriedly picked up her phone, answering the call without looking at the screen as her eyes remained focused on the news flashing on her TV screen.

 

 


“Yerim? Yerim!” she heard the line call out.

 

 


“Sunmi unnie!”

 

 


“Have you seen the news?” Sunmi asked from the other end of the line.

 

 


“Yes, I’m watching it now, unnie,” Yeri felt thrill thrumming in her bloodstreams, as she breathlessly answered Sunmi.

 

 


“I’m worried about Irene unnie, I can’t believe it happened in her own apartment,” Yeri shook her head after hearing what Sunmi said, the realization dawning to her like a splash of cold water.

 

 


“Omo! Irene unnie!”

 

 


“What? Didn’t you listen to the news?” she could hear the irritation on Sunmi’s voice, Yeri sheepishly chuckled as an answer.

 

 


“I did! I did! But –“

 

 

“What? You got too excited that Bogum’s caught? Dude!”

 

 


“Yeah, I know,” she felt remorseful now that she thinks about it, “I’m sorry. Should we head over to unnie’s house?”

 

 


“I don’t think she’s there, though—wait, I’ll call you back. I’ll check in on Joy and ask for Wendy’s number, okay?”

 

 


“Okay, unnie. Call me back!” then Sunmi dropped the call.

 

 


Yeri thought of calling Irene but refrained herself from doing so, thinking that she might not answer anyway. She opted to leave her a message, instead.

 

 


Kim Yerim: Unnie, I saw the news. R u ok? Call me back when u read this!

 

 

 


Yeri stared at her phone in anticipation, she knows her unnie is probably too shaken up right now and won’t get back to her any time soon but worry kept her rooted on her seat still expecting for a response. Then she realized that is probably why Saeron didn’t come. 

 

 

She messaged her knowing Saeron would read it anyhow, no matter how busy she is: 

 


baby, ur dealing with park bogum, r u? pls comeback to me safe and sound, I love you.

 

 


***

 

 

 


Seungwan was still holding an asleep Joohyun in her arms, the older woman fainted due to shock from her traumatic experience. She still remembered how the older woman’s eyes remained stubbornly closed no matter how much she tried to coax her to open it. Tears streaming down her face even with eyes closed and it broke her heart. 

 

 


When she finally opened her eyes, Seungwan will forever remember the relief and happiness that reflected in those glistening pools of brown. As Joohyun fell into her arms, then, the way her body shook, no matter how many times she tried to rub her back in comfort, it never went away – until she fainted, her body succumbing to exhaustion. 

 

 


She carried Joohyun to her room and laid her down, when she left for a while to call the police and tie Bogum up, so he can’t go away in case he wakes up, she came back to the room only to see her crying in anguish – like even her living nightmare chase her to her sleep. 

 

 


That’s how they came to their current position right now.

 

 


The police already left a few hours ago, after a few questions and then taking Bogum into custody, she didn’t know how the guy got inside Joohyun’s apartment. The authorities can’t ask Joohyun any question then, they suggested to take them to the hospital but Seungwan was against the idea. She thought it might give Joohyun more shock than help her.

 

 


It’s been a few hours, though, and Joohyun still hasn’t woken up. She’s afraid that the trauma might’ve incurred more damage mentally and emotionally to her.

 

 


She looked down at the sleeping girl on her arms, parting stray hairs away from her face, Joohyun wrinkled her nose unconsciously, tickled by the sensation making her burrow her head more to Seungwan’s chest, the younger girl’s felt her heartbeat quicken, unknowingly holding her breath at the sight of parted pink lips and shadows created by eyelashes fanning the older woman’s eyes.

 

 


Seungwan can’t help but feel her heartbreak at the thought of what Joohyun had to deal when she wakes up. If she were to decide for her, she’d rather stay in this room, in this bed holding her protectively, safely cocooning her away from those nightmares that won’t go away. Joohyun’s sleeping peacefully in her arms made her chest constrict in a good way – compared to what she felt earlier, as she wiped away tears that relentlessly streamed down her face. 

 

 

 

She held her closer towards her like she’s meant to do this, their body molding against each other like its been their place all along.

 

 

 

Seungwan was ab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter