Chapter 3

First Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy adjusted the collar of her dress-shirt, patting invisible creases away before she put on her blazer and button it down for a more professional look. She looked at her reflection in the mirror and admired herself at how put-together she looked. Now, if she could also manage to put-together her nerves that would be great. She shakily let out a breath. 

 

It was a wonder how she managed to sleep fitfully last night when her crush was the one who called her for this final interview. Welp. She looked at her watch to note that she has enough time. Having had woken quite early to mentally prepare herself. Even to the point of meditating for 30 minutes to calm down herself. Just the right ‘no to distractions’ mantra to hype her up.

 

She checked her reflection one last time, when her phone ring. Wendy went over her bed to pick it up. It was Seulgi.

 

“Hey, Seul.” Wendy answered.

 

“Wan, we’re here outside your building. Are you ready to leave?” Seulgi said. They decided it was best to go there together, since all three of them got the call. Seulgi was designated driver with Joy being the first person she picks up. 

She checked the time on her phone. Still early, she mused. 

 

“Yeah, I am. Be right down in a few.” Wendy replied before she hanged up. She picked up her leather satchel then went downstairs to meet her friends.

 

***

 

Seulgi parked the car in the visitor parking area of the building. She looked at her friends. Joy, on the passenger seat and Wendy behind them. She can clearly see that they’re nervous but other than that, they seemed determined. 

“You guys, ready?” Seulgi asked, they nodded their heads and went out. 

 

They adjusted their suits a bit. Seulgi didn’t expect that all of them would wear suits and slacks. Wendy looking just a shy away from handsome with her navy blue suit and slack pressed into perfection, her chestnut hair let down in cascading waves and multiple ear piercings peeking from her tucked hair. 

 

Joy in camel skirt suit was giving Seulgi ideas. Most of them along the lines of, ‘damn beautiful gorgeous beautiful.’ Her oversized blazer gave her that preppy confident look with her jet-black hair falling in waves past her shoulder and her round glasses perched on her nose. Joy ditched the usual slacks and wore a matching skirt that show off her sinfully long legs. 

 

When Seulgi saw Joy come out of her apartment building looking like a walking temptation, she had to pinch her legs to keep away whatever stupid ideas that crossed her mind. She really had to give it to Joy for being such a beautiful sin.

 

Seulgi gulped when she remembered that instance she saw Joy come out and now that they have to brave another interview, she really need to keep away distractions. Unlike her best friend who’s generally weak against pretty people, Seulgi at least is better at keeping her gay tamed.

 

***

They went inside the building and got the passes before waiting on the lounge for their names to be called. Compared to their initial interview when the lounge was bustling with fresh grads, the lounge now only contains a handful of interviewees. Give it to Kim Holdings for filtering the right amount to proceed for the final interview.

 

9:55 am. Five minutes till the start of the interview. 

Wendy looked at her friends. Noticing their calm demeanor, she can only guess how much the two prepared. Having been only called by this company when they were handing out their curriculum vitae, being a huge one at that, Wendy can only hope that they accept her here.

 

I wonder if I get to see Ms. Bae today, Wendy mused to herself. 

Just as it crossed her mind the assistant that ushered them the first day came in and addressed them. 

 

“Good morning. As you all have noticed, you are selected to proceed for the final interview. The final interview will be done on the second floor. Three panelist will interview you, one being a manager of marketing and two HR personnel. Wish you luck. Please follow me”.  After the assistant said that, everyone in the room scrambled to stand up and followed her to the second floor.

 

There are about 10 of them now, Wendy noticed. They were divided into two groups to take the lift all the way to the second floor. The assistant went with the first group, while Wendy and her friends went with the others to take the other lift. Soon as they embarked from the elevator they noticed that the whole second floor was a whole level of different from the first one. The second floor mostly housing the different conference rooms for each department. 

 

The assistant explained to them about the use of the second floor. It mostly used for holding interviews and conference meetings. The subtle professional atmosphere that the second floor gave off made Wendy a tad nervous. Putting a bit of pressure to her knowing that they held the final interview in such a professional place where great ideas and strategies come alive.

 

Joy nudged Wendy for attention, the younger girl giving her a tight-lipped smile. Wendy looked over at Seulgi. She noticed that the girl seems to be deep in thought. ‘What could this bear be thinking? She doesn’t look nervous,’ Wendy thought. 

 

The assistant lead the group into another waiting room, this one smaller but lavish compared to the one on the first floor. They were instructed to wait for their names to be called and that a pantry is open if any of them are thirsty or hungry, before the assistant left. 

 

9:59 am. A minute before the hour, the assistant came back and called the first interviewee.

 

“Kang Seulgi, you’re up. Follow me.”

 

Seulgi nodded at her friends quietly before she got up and followed the assistant out.

Wendy turned to Joy and talked to her. “Joy, do you think Seul’s gonna be fine?” she asked.

 

“I’m sure she’ll be fine, unnie. I mean, what I said the other day still stands,” the younger one smiled. Wendy remembered what she said and her heart warmed at the thought. Wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter