Chapter 12

First Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It has been a quiet week. Compared to the last few weeks where they were bombarded with various team meetings and video conferences with the clients and the boss, this week has been a blessing. That blissful weekend spent with Seungwan must’ve been the greatest factor, thought Joohyun.


 

 

She gazed at the time in her computer, the slow dragging of time adding slight irritation to her otherwise peaceful afternoon in the office, after she was done signing some documents.

 

 

 

Well, if staring at her computer is how she’s gonna spend her vacant, she might as well visit her subordinates cubicles.

 

 


‘Time for the obligatory annoy-your-hoobaes hour to commence,’ thought Joohyun, smirking as she arranged her files into a neat pile.

 

 

Joohyun went out of her office, thinking of visiting Yerim’s first in mind, when she noticed her subordinates up and huddled around her favorite assistant’s cubicle.

 

 


Jaebum saw her walking over to their group, ushering her workmates with a quiet, ‘Guys, Ms. Bae’s coming’. 

 

 

“Shouldn’t you all be working?” Joohyun started with a quirk of an eyebrow, Yeri whipping her head at the sound of her voice. Joohyun gave a look of ‘well what’s this about’ to Yeri, the assistant looking like a she got caught doing something against the rules of the office.

 

 

“I-It’s nothing, boss,” Yeri said, voice squeaking a bit at the face of Irene’s deadpan expression.

 

 

“Its not nothing if you’re all huddled here instead of working,” Joohyun stated, not taking any excuses, “Well? It’s either someone spills or we’re taking an abrupt team meeting. What do you choose?” she continued, looking over at Yeri who’s face flushed with embarrassment.

 

 

‘, I guess, it’s on me,’ Yeri thought, pinching the bridge of her nose to keep herself from glaring at her colleagues.

 

 

 

‘Annoy-your-hoobae hour just got interesting,’ Joohyun thought, keeping a smirk from breaking into her face, noticing her assistant’s slight annoyance.

 

 


“It’s better if I just show you, Un- Ms. Bae,” Yeri almost slipped, looking over at Joohyun’s confusion.

 

 

Some of her colleagues who were still huddling close to her cubicle moved and made way for Joohyun. Sunmi putting her arms on the divider, since she occupied the cubicle beside Yeri while the rest stood behind Yeri or just craning their necks at what’s about to transpire.

 


Yeri was minimized the tabs, closing unnecessary applications that she shouldn’t be caught opening but useless since her boss was currently peering over her computer with the most not-amused expressions on her face. The questioning will be postponed until further notice. Yeri laughed nervously at Joohyun, before motioning back at her computer.

 


Yeri showed their generic company email to her. The application opened to a certain email containing photos. There was nothing unusual from the email and photos, used to seeing such content since they deal with marketing. What caught Joohyun’s attention was several photos of her an—and Park Bogum.

 

 

 

Joohyun snatched the mouse from Yeri’s hand, scrolling through the email’s content with anger marring he face, from the clenching of her jaws to the gritting of her teeth and the scathing stare in her eyes. Yeri moving away from her boss, afraid to be caught in the line of fire that is Irene Bae.

 

 

“W-Who sent this?!” Joohyun yelled to the computer, then looking over to her subordinates who can’t seem to meet her eyes.

 

 


Who wouldn’t get mad angry at it, when the email contained various photos of her and Bogum in a compromising position, though not or showing any skin, was still lewd and sent chills down her spine.

 

 

She doesn’t even remember being that close with that guy! It’s clearly photoshopped! It’s photoshopped she knows it, but it’s so well done, it almost looked so natural. 

 

 

 

Joohyun cursed the guy in her mind, thinking of a number of ways to murder him without being incriminated. Yeri felt bad for her boss, she doesn’t deserve any of this. The whole team and the company knew how stalker-ish and obsessive that guy was.

 


“Unnie,” Yeri called out to Joohyun – she might get scolded for using an unprofessional term but that’s not the point now!—she touched her boss’s arm, Joohyun meeting her with an angry glare before melting into teary-eyes. Joohyun may be hard and unrelenting at work but she adores and takes care of everyone in her team well. She may not be known for her warmth and may come off as cold but it’s only because she’s not good at being sociable or friendly. 

 

 


‘And she doesn’t deserve to be treated like a by that Bogum,’ Yeri thought, seething mad at what he did to her unnie.

 


“We’ll find who’s behind the email, unnie. We’ll lock this Bogum guy in prison this time,” Yeri promised to Joohyun, before hugging her boss.

 

 

She heard her colleagues echo the words ‘Yeah, boss, don’t worry about it’ and ‘We know it’s not you, boss’. Yeri saw Sunmi looking at her, her other unnie’s gaze dark and worried, she nodded her head at her.

 

 

 

 

Sunmi knows what to do.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

Seungwan was out for a grocery run. She was placing her items in the counter, lining up catsup bottles to packed lettuces when she noticed a familiar individual clad in black by the transparent glass doors of the store. Face hidden huge camera lenses and a baseball cap. 

 

 

She knows it’s the same guy, he may have worn different clothes but still all in black, the camera was a dead giveaway. Seungwan is knowledgeable enough about camera’s to know that it’s a rare model, it’s natural for her to immediately recognize that one.

 

 
She paid and thanked the cashier as she bagged the items. Seungwan making a bee-line for the entrance with a plan in mind, she immediately went out of the store.

 

 

 

Instead of going to the parking lot, Seungwan turned a corner to walk for a couple of minutes, the nearest bubble tea store her destination. She frequents this area a lot to know most of the corners and alleyways. With the daylight turning a shade darker making way for night time, the area is a little busier, people going in and out of diners and coffeeshops making it easier for her to weave among them.

 

 

Seungwan looked behind her and observed how the figure seemed to know what to do. Snapping pictures every now and then, even as the throngs of people passing make it hard for him, saving one last look at him, Seungwan dashed to a dimly lit alley.

 

 

 

She noticed a dumpster past the last light of the street, empty save for a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter