Chapter 10

First Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

They were watching one of the anime movies that Seulgi has been meaning to watch: I want to eat your pancreas. It was during that part where the main characters were in the hotel room, playing some game. They were all too focused on the entire movie, even with the subtitles to it, that Seungwan didn’t mind that Joohyun seems all too quiet, just clutching her pillow. 

 

 


Halfway through the movie, Seungwan felt Joohyun lean close to her side. They were sitting side by side, with her sitting cross-legged, a pillow on her lap while Joohyun tucked her legs under a blanket covering half of her body whilst hugging a pillow to her chest. Seulgi and Joy was a lot more blatant in their display of affection, Joy lying on a pillow on Seulgi’s lap, while her best friend tucker her leg under her chin to elevate Joy’s head a bit, feeding each other popcorn every now and then.

 

 


Seungwan turned to her side, noticing Joohyun’s drowsy look. It’s either the alcohol or the movie, she thought. “Hey,” she quietly called out the older woman, Joohyun turned to her with the most dazed yet innocent expression, blinking her eyes adorably as if warding off the sleep from her eyes, “Hmm,” Joohyun hummed in response. 

 

 


“Are you okay? Do you feel sleepy?” Seungwan asked, concerned drawing her eyebrows together, making Joohyun lean her to her shoulder cutely, endeared by Seungwan’s concern, “I’m fine, just sleepy … I guess,” Joohyun replied, feeling her cheeks warm (probably the alcohol, she thought), “You sure? You can rest in my room, if you want,” Seungwan said, tilting her head down to look at Joohyun’s eyes.

 

 


“Can I just lean my head like this?” Joohyun asked, instead, stifling a yawn with a hand, she noticed the look on Seungwan’s face, her smile lighting up her features in their dim surroundings, making her feel warm and giddy (probably, still the alcohol, she thought again), their eyes meeting in that split second. 

 

 


Seungwan nodded her vigorously, blushing furiously after that eye contact, “O-Of course, Hyun,” Joohyun stilled at the nickname, Seungwan didn’t seem to notice her slip of tongue, as she went back to watching the movie again. Joohyun secretly smiled, the nickname doing wonders to her (and as if she didn’t know any better, she’s still blaming the alcohol).

 

 


***

 

 


It was raining hard when Yeri got out of the convenience store. She ran out of ramen and kimchi just when she was craving when she decided to visit the convenience store near her place. Sadly, though, she didn’t gauge the weather when she went out, forgetting to bring her umbrella. So here she was, looking sadly at the dark sky and the rain that doesn’t seem to have any plans of stopping.

 

 


She took shelter at the awning of a closed store, a bake shop during the day but an ordinary closed store at night. She cursed under her breath her luck seems to be running out these days. Yeri didn’t feel like going out in the morning, always sleeping the day away before she wakes up at lunch time. And just when she was craving ramen and kimchi, she ran out of it, forgetting that she’s barely scraping off the remaining food she has in store.

 

 


She looked longingly at the sky, wondering if she should just make a run for it or wait in vain till the rain stops. She stared so hard at the sky, eyes glaring at it, almost like commanding it to stop that she didn’t notice a figure come up to her, until the view of an umbrella was covering her sight. Yeri looked at the umbrella slowly looking down at the person holding the umbrella.

 

 


Yeri almost let go of the plastic bag she’s holding, stifling a gasp instead, with her other hand.

 

 

“Saeron!”

 

 


Saeron smiled at her, beaming while she ushered Yeri to come out of the awning, sharing her umbrella to the smaller girl. 

 

 

“Silly, what are you doing out without an umbrella?” Saeron asked her, as Yeri patted the rain off her clothes. Yeri laughed, embarrassed at the girl’s question, “I ran out of ramen.”

 

 

“Aigoo, I told you, I’d be sleeping over your place tonight,” Yeri looked at her surprised.

 

 

 “Did you even read your messages? Is that why you never answered my calls? You forgot to bring your phone, too!” Saeron firing off questions, but without any malice or whatsoever, already used to Yeri’s forgetfulness as the smaller girl only laughed at her for every question, red splashed across her cheeks.

 

 

“I’m sorry, babe, I slept in the whole morning,” Yeri apologized to her, pouting at her with puppy dog eyes, Saeron pushed her away a bit, making Yeri yelped at the cold rain seeping at her clothes, glaring accusingly at Saeron.

 

 

“I forgive you now,” Saeron laughed at Yeri’s sour expression, blowing her a kiss as an apology.

 


Yeri noticed the plastic bags Saeron was holding, “Gimme that, your hands is full,” she took the bags, earning her a grateful smile from Saeron and a kiss on the crown of her head, “Thanks, babe.”

 


They were almost near the entrance of Yeri’s apartment, when Yeri noticed a man closing the car door as he ran to the driver’s side. Yeri was shocked as she saw the full view of the man’s face, a flash of fear painting her features.

 

 

Saeron noticed her girlfriend stopped walking, “Rim-ah,” she softly called out to her, looking at her line of sight, to the car now speeding away, “You okay?”

 

 

“Huh?” Yeri whipped her head at Saeron’s questio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter