Chapter 1

First Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The first time Wendy met Irene it was during an initial interview for work. She and her friends decided to apply a month before their graduation. 

 

It was just something they decided on a whim. They didn’t really expect to receive a message informing them of an interview a day after sending their curriculum vitae to several companies. Dressed to impress in heels and corporate attire, she sat inside the café waiting for her friends to arrive so they can proceed to the company together.

 

 

She was on her phone, texting her friends of their whereabouts when she heard a call from the entrance of the café.

 

 

“Wan! Did you wait long?” It was Seulgi. And she’s with Joy, who seems flustered from the heat outside. It’s pretty humid to be wearing blazers in this weather. But what can they do, they’re here for an interview not an outing.

 

 

“Hey, sorry we took a while. Seul, here, almost left behind her documents.” Joy said.

 

 

Wendy  smiled and said, “Nah, its okay Seul, Joy. I’m just glad this café’s nearby. Do you wanna freshen up a bit before we go?”

 

 

“Thanks, Wan. We won’t take long!” Seulgi answered before she followed Joy to the comfort room.

 

 

It was a good thing the office they applied to was just a 5 minutes away from the café, otherwise they would have been late for the interview.

 

 

The company they applied to was quite a huge one. Known for housing the biggest supermarket chains in the country, The Kim Holdings Corporation was a huge building located in the central part of Gangnam. Surrounded by cafes and luxurious brand boutiques, they really did not expect to receive a message for an interview.

 

 

As soon as they entered the building, they were given passes and were made to wait in the waiting lounge for their names to be called. The inside was quite lavish as expected of a huge company like the Kim Holdings. 

 

 

The waiting area was filled with interviewees, all looking like fresh graduates or aspiring graduates.

 

 

Wendy felt someone hold her elbow. She looked at the person holding her. It was Seulgi, who looks like she’s about to pass out. She chuckled a bit and asked her what’s wrong.

 

 

“Are you okay?” Wendy asked. Seulgi nodded like a child and tried to shake off her jitters.

 

 

“Unnie, do you think we three will get in? I really want us to work together or under the same company.” Joy said. Wendy looked at her fondly before answering,

 

 

“That would be great, Joy. So let’s do our best, okay?” The two nodded determinedly.

 

 

“Son Wendy Seungwan!”

 

 

Wendy heard someone call her name. People were looking for the person called before she raised her arm and answered, “Here!” then looked at her friends and got up.

 

 

“Please follow me, Ms. Son.” The woman who looked like the assistant or the secretary told her before Wendy followed. She can’t help but feel nervous now that she was called. 

 

 

‘Seungwan, you can do this! Fighting!’
To distract herself she instead focused her attention on the elaborate designs this building boasts. She can’t help but admire the intricate patterns and wood panels in every corner. ‘And to think this is only the first floor,’ she thought.

 

 

Just when they were turning a corner, they came to a stop in front of a conference room. The assistant knocked on the door thrice before a voice from the inside called out to enter.

 

 

“Ms. Bae, I brought Ms. Son,” the assistant said. “Thank you, Ms. Jo,” the woman said before asking her assistant to leave. The woman turned to Wendy addressing her to take a seat. Wendy almost scrambled to her seat for she didn’t expect the interviewer to be this pretty. ‘Gosh, she’s so pretty. How am I supposed to survive this interview?’ 

 

 

It is known fact to her circle of friends how weak she gets to pretty people. She felt her brain short circuit trying to come up with a greeting to at least impress the interviewer. ‘Aish, I might as well flunk this interview,' she thought, hands starting to sweat.

 

 

A cough. Then, a soft voice spoke to her. “Good Morning, Ms. Son. I’m Bae Joohyun but you can call me Irene. Your interviewer for the day.”

 

 

‘God, is this what heaven sounds like.’ She must really look weirdo now, throat drying up when she tried to swallow.

 

 

‘I have to talk. Come on voice please don’t fail me now.’ Seungwan chided herself.

 

 

“Ah .. Um .. Yes, ma’am.” She cleared and greeted the woman before her.

 

 

“G-Good Morning, Ms. B-Bae. My name is Son Wendy Seungwan.” Well, maybe she stuttered a bit but it was all cool. For the first try, it’s quite fine.

 

 

With how  absorbed Wendy seems from chiding herself, she didn’t noticed the growing smile that formed on her interviewer’s face.

 

 

 

***

 

 

“Okay! That’s it for today, Ms. Son.” Irene smiled at her applicant and heard the sigh of relief coming. ‘She really must be nervous’ she thought.

 

 

“T-Thank you, Ms. Bae.” Wendy said. Irene then proceeded to tell her that she’ll receive a call if she passed the initial interview. Then bid their farewells and another thank you fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter