The First One To Enter

Crime Passionnel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 5 

 

        And that happened.

 

 

A few more set of gradings and now they have moved to another term. The past freshmen are now sophomores, the past sophomores are now juniors. Nothing really did change much, except that both Yujin and Wonyoung are a part of the student council already. They are one of the youngest, still, and are the happy pill of the council every time they will have gatherings, meetings or would just simply meet.

 

 

“Hey! Hey!”  Almost everyone laughed when Yujin shouted with a high-pitched voice, looks like she played with the helium by inhaling it from the balloon.

 

 

Right, the officers had gathered since early morning and are still together until now although midnight is approaching.

 

 

“Yah, Ahn Yujin!”  It was Wonyoung, laughing hard and even clapping her hands.

 

 

Even the president and the vice are laughing. Well, this is what they already had expected when they accepted Yujin, but it was more gratifying when Yujin, herself, recruited Wonyoung to join them. The two, even at toxic days would make the environment light and would make them laugh.

 

 

Today, is the last day of preparation for a one week event of their university, foundation week. And although the upcoming event is one of the most toxic, they are enlightened to have the younger ones enjoy whatever they are doing.

 

 

But…

 

 

Not everyone is really delighted.

 

 

“Hey, Kim Minjoo.”  The president called, checking the pre-printed certificates for whoever might receive it.

 

 

“Yes, Unnie?”  Eunbi and Sakura shared a look when Minjoo responded without looking at the one who called her.

 

 

This never happens…

Minjoo never had ever acted cold like this before. The secretary of the council is a well-mannered and a reserved lady, but they all know well how she reacts to almost everything, laughs even to a nonsense joke, and this is the very first time that they saw her being all this quiet.

 

 

“You okay? You seem not fine today?”  Actually, not just today.

 

 

“No, she has been like this for days, and I wonder why too.”  Eunbi pouted a little as Sakura who’s beside her, talked.

 

 

“Y-Yeah, just tired, probably.”  Minjoo answered and even let out a chuckle, trying to loosen up the forming tension as she really doesn’t want to talk about it.

 

 

The two law students shrugged it off and just let the secretary, feeling that she is not really in the right time to talk with by now, but…

 

 

A few balloons popped, coming from the center of the room and all eyes turned to the person who they thought, caused the noise.

 

 

“N-No, I didn’t…”  Yujin, and as soon as she felt everyone’s stare, quickly defended herself.

 

 

But instead of scolding her, the president laughed, making everyone do as well.

 

 

“We have extra balloons in the box.”  And instructed her to blow a few more, to complete the exact number needed.

 

 

Then, they all continued…

 

 

“The new officers are really fun to be with, I’m thinking of how we deliberated on where we should place them as officers before.”  Sakura opened a new topic.

 

 

“Right, and I’m glad we accepted them, really.”  Eunbi answered, but Sakura noticed that the president’s eyes are not on hers, but on Minjoo’s.

 

 

Sakura chuckled silently, and shook her head in disbelief.

 

 

“Don’t you think, Minjoo-ah? They are really fun, right? I’m thankful you recommended Yujin to us.”  Sakura started… the investigation.

 

 

“Hm? Yeah, I-I’m glad too.”   Minjoo answered, still not giving the two a look.

 

 

“They are building good relationship with others, but at the same time, fulfilling their duties and maintain the established leadership our council have.”  Minjoo answered properly, but sounds so formal and so…

 

 

“Mhmm, good relationship…”  Sakura quoted, which Eunbi added with,  “The two of them have a good relationship too, Minjoo, right?”

 

 

That made Minjoo lift her head, and tilt her head to where the two subjects are…

 

 

Yujin and Wonyoung, still blowing up the balloons, and are still laughing to whatever it is. And that gave Minjoo a confusing amount of pain in her chest, as if… it pains her seeing Yujin goofing around with others.

 

 

“Right…”  What was Minjoo mumbled under her breath. But no, she, to be honest, already feels like this even before. It might not be evident, but the great star student actually had a crush on her ‘Just From The Very Beginning’.

 

 

“You don’t sound so delightful, Kim Minjoo.”  Eunbi let out a huge amount of air, just relaxing her body before diving into the deeper conversation.

 

 

“What?”

 

 

“It has been pretty obvious for the past few weeks, Miss Kim.”  Sakura added, even giving the latter a click of tongue.

 

 

“W-What’s obv-vious?”  Minjoo was then halted on doing her work, her hand suddenly felt like failing to hold the other papers they are arranging.

 

 

Eunbi laughed while Sakura sighed and secretly pointed at the two sophomores, Yujin and Wonyoung.

 

 

“You like her, don’t you?”

 

 

“And you don’t find it pleasing to see them getting along well.”  Sakura whispered each word and those two questions made Minjoo heart skip a beat.

 

 

“W-What are you saying, Unnie? That n-nonse-…”

 

 

Sakura shook her head, which made Minjoo stop her words, her eyes can’t blink and her sudden change of expression confirms the theory of the two law students.

 

 

Eunbi placed her hand on the younger’s  thigh then, gave her a faint yet teasing smile and say,  “We’re not psychology students, but it’s really evident, our sweet Minjoo.”

 

 

Minjoo almost choked on air as she wanted to speak, but just no words are coming out. She has never seen to act like this, or react like this, or even be announced that she has a crush on someone and being teased by the two is somewhat… new and a little bit hard to handle for her.

 

 

“It’s okay, Minjoo. You two are roommates and are close ‘friends’, it’s really inevitable for one to fall.”

 

 

“What one? Only Minjoo? I don’t think so.”   The argument started there with Minjoo still can’t hold the ability to process things or think properly.

 

 

“Minjoo is a star student, everyone loves her, I mean… Sakura, Yujin might like her too. What you just said is a bit offensive.”   Eunbi protested in behalf of Minjoo’s feelings.

 

 

“But Yujin is so close to Wonyoung as well, what if she had been ho-, OUCH!”  If it wasn’t Eunbi who’s smacking the vice’s arm then, Minjoo might have er heart literally shattered to pieces already.

 

 

Well…

She knows, she knows it very well - that the two are close, closer than they are.

 

 

Of course, they had been friends for so long. Yujin had mentioned it several times that she and Wonyoung are childhood friends, does things and goes to anywhere together. And it has bothered her even from the start, but she never expected that… she, the star student, will fall this hard to that particular student.

 

 

She only found her cute back in their first day of meeting, in the cafeteria. It was supposedly just a simple admiration, especially when that specific law student views her as the definition of perfection not because of her beauty but because of her achievements and good records, her efforts and hard works.

 

 

She only recognized the feeling she had unconsciously let grow a few months ago, when she saw the two walking down the street, side by side, bumping each other playfully and even dragging each other to different directions while laughing as if the world belongs only to them.

 

 

She felt jealous, she should admit…

But it confuses her as well, as to why she even let these feelings grow bigger.

 

 

“Hey.”  Sakura snapped a finger right in front of Minjoo’s eyes, making the secretary shriek a little.

 

 

“Don’t think too much.”  The vice said.

 

 

“You know, ‘m just kidding.”

 

 

“But that isn’t impossible, you know,”  “Yah, Sak-…”,   Sakura shushed the president…

 

 

“That’s why I’m suggesting you to confess, because it looks a little huge now that I’m looking at you.”  It was not a bad idea, Eunbi thought, but the main subject for it is thinking.

 

 

“How?”

 

 

“Confess?”

 

 

“Is that even necessary?”

 

 

“You know, it’s not also impossible for her to have feelings for you. Seeing each other twenty-four seven is quite…”  Sakura just shrugged her shoulders, not completing her statement and just letting the secretary to think on her own.

 

 

“Right, the two of you are really close, she might be harboring feelings for you too.”

 

 

Some more time passed by with that as the end of their conversation and with Minjoo left in her own space, thinking about everything.

 

 

 

 

“Okay, everyone, I know we’ve worked late, but don’t forget to wake up early, we still have to check everything before the opening of the event.”  Eunbi instructed and everyone responded with a ‘yes’, before they were all dismissed.

 

 

Everyone went out, all excited for tomorrow’s event as it is one of the most awaited non-academic week they have, just full of joy here and there. Everyone said good nights and now, it’s just them.

 

 

“What could be Chaeyeon-unnie and Yena-unnie doing?”  Yujin shrugged her shoulders as Wonyoung asked.

 

 

“They will perform at the event, right, Minjoo-unnie?”  Wonyoung asked with a huge smile plastered on her face.

 

 

But the older one doesn’t seem to hear…

 

 

“Unnie?”

 

 

Wonyoung and Yujin shared a quick look before Yujin held Minjoo’s hand, which made the star student flinch.

 

 

“Unnie…”  They stopped walking,  “Are you fine? You’re zoning out.”  Yujin asked and the two looked at the older one with concern and curiosity.

 

 

Minjoo then realized,  “Y-Yeah, just a bit tired,”  so she answered with the same lie as earlier.

 

 

“Sorry, what are you asking again?”  Minjoo then asked, removing worry the two had.

 

 

“About the dance group, they will perform, right? Especially Yena –unnie and Chaeyeon-unnie?”  Wonyoung looks so excited and it drains Minjoo.

 

 

“Yeah, as to what I know, they will be divided into groups to perform

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter