Response

Crime Passionnel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6

 

       Days of the foundation week passed, and even though, it is supposedly enjoyable, two souls are still keeping their selves in silence.

 

 

Yujin and Minjoo would not even properly meet in their own dormitory room. Minjoo will always get up thirty minutes early before Yujin’s alarm would echo. While in the evening, Yujin will always find the secretary just sleeping already once she enters the room.

 

 

It is evident and clear for Yujin that not just a line was dawn between them, but a huge wall was hardly built. They are really separated for the four days of the foundation week. Even everyone witnessed how the star student is avoiding the younger one, as if her life will be out if they will ever stand close to each other.

 

 

But on those days, those four days that had passed without having a word nor a look from Minjoo, Yujin was able to think more rationally and logically, she was able to form a response and a plan to clear things with the older one, because right… she should think as fairly as how a lawyer should.

 

 

“Yujin~”  One of the vocalist from the band*iz approached her, they are currently in the auditorium where the contestants for the pageant, “The Mister and Miss University”, are preparing for the first half, together with those who will perform for the intermission numbers.

 

 

“Yes, Yuri-ssi?”  Yujin still can remember how this vocalist of the band energized the crowd during their socialization party.

 

 

“Yah, you don’t have to address me formally, Yuri is fine.”  The shorter said and continued,  “I just want to thank you for accepting the invitation to sing after the first half of the pageant, I mean, it is unplanned and yet you still accepted it despite of your works in the student council.”

 

 

“Eunbi-unnie asked me personally so it doesn’t really seem to be a bother in my duty, plus, this is an opportunity and I’m more grateful that you chose to invite me when there are more students who are capable of doing it.”  They sat on the vacant chairs at the back of the auditorium and talked while watching the contestants practicing their speech, or introduction phrases.

 

 

“Ey, you have the voice, Yujin.”  Yujin chuckled as the compliment came from one of the most known vocalist of the band*iz.

 

 

“I was actually expecting to see you in the official audition for vocalists before, but it turned out, you’re already planning to be a part of the student council that time.”  Yujin nodded and responded,  “I also wanted to sing for the band, but I don’t think, I can hold more responsibilities, so I just stayed to whatever I have by today, but that as well, is what makes this exciting for me, now that you’re all letting me to take the stage.”  Yuri looked at the latter and smiled…

 

 

“No problem, I’m sure it’ll be a fascinating performance. And hey, by the way, I saw the song you requested for the band to play…”  Yujin looked at Yuri, afraid that she might get criticized just for choosing that song.

 

 

“I am so excited, it’s a serenade yet a cold song, it really suits your voice, I’m sure.”  Yujin only smiled and scratched her cheek with her fingers…

 

 

“Many might fall, Ahn Yujin.”  Yuri teased, but a thought came to Yujin’s mind as she heard that sentence,  “But I can fall with only one person as well.”  A smile then formed on her lips, and the other student caught t,  “Eyy, why does it suddenly seems like the song is directed to someone?”

 

 

Yujin looked at the vocalist and answered, soft and sweet,  “Well… it is.”

 

 

 

 

“Now, Yujin…”  Sakura, again, called the defendant on her name, looked at her with anger evidently drawn on her face…

 

 

“Did you kill… Kim Chaewon?”

 

 

 

 

“And before we start!”

 

 

 “Let us hear the voice of the Angel!”

 

 

The hosts called for the performer before the opening of the pageant, the most awaited contest of their foundation week.

 

 

Chaewon stood in the middle of the stage, and everyone cheered before shutting down the noise to listen to the song…

 

 

After some seconds, the piano began. The rest of the band weren’t there, and it was only the piano that is playing for her.

 

 

The lights turned off, and only the spotlight is pointing at the singer whose eyes are closed, feeling the music.

 

 

[Song:  Gnash - I Hate You, I Love You (Conor Maynard ft. Olivia O'brien Cover)]  [Just click the song if you want to listen.]

 

 

Feeling used…

 

Yujin was surprised to hear the song…

 

 

But I’m… still missing you

And I can’t, see the end of this

Just wanna feel your kiss against my lips

And now all this time, is passing by

But I still can’t seem to tell you why

It hurts me every time I see you

Realized, how much I need you

 

 

It doesn’t fit as an entrance song for the highlighted event, and Yujin was confused, it is more like… Chaewon is singing for someone, someone no one knows who.

 

 

The chorus passed with small voices from the crowd singing along with the performer, it seem a lonely night, but no one complained, and no one really bothers as the performer’s voice is just… so pleasant to hear.

 

 

I hate you, I love you

I hate that I love you

You want her, you need her

And I will never be her

 

 

She had been friends with the singer, the angel of the university as they are both students in the College of Law and Chaewon is the president for their department’s student council, they were close if she will believe, but she isn’t aware that the older one has someone to sing this… melancholic song.

 

 

Do you miss me like I miss you?

Messed around and got attached to you

 

 

Yujin saw the supreme student council members guiding and covering the contestants that are entering the backstage, preparing to get in, she was a bit distracted, as she thought she was needed, but Eunbi signaled her to just stay and prepare for her number after the first half, so she just focused to the performance as of the moment.

 

 

If I treated you like a

You wouldn’t like that

Held out my hand for you

But you didn’t touch that

 

I wrote a text, but then I deleted that

I got these feelings

And you didn’t realize that

 

 

Yujin was just sitting at the corner, not so far from the crowd and she saw how Chaewon glanced at her, and the look was as if something is being implied, but then she thought, maybe it was just part of the play as Chaewon started walking slowly to the other side of the stage.

 

 

Then, it was the last chorus,

 

 

I hate you, I love you

I hate that I love you

You want her, you need her

And I will never be her…

 

 

The crowd sang along with a loud voice…

 

 

So forget that new girl that you love so bad

Please think about the times that we had

 

 

Yujin noticed the change in the lyrics, even the crowd did, but the performance continued, and the audience just went on swaying their hands in the air…

 

 

I said forget that new girl that you think you’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter