What No One Knows

Crime Passionnel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

18

 

       "There are people who are willing to take care of you, right..." Now averting her eyes to the person who's cleaning the senior law student's wounds...

 

 

"Unnie?" And Hitomi felt her body warming up, it suddenly felt hot, turned a bit sandy with rocks on , her chest became heavy.

 

 

And seeing it, seeing Hitomi blush and quiver at the same time, Yujin then tilted her face to her best friend and drove the attention to her, "Right, Wonyoung-ah?"

 

 

Well, Yujin doesn't want to directly say it, of course. She still needs to pay some respect to those who have the plan on confessing to the senior law student, but she has to give hints, to drive Chaewon away from them, from her girlfriend, to avoid chaos to occur once more.

 

 

"W-What are you s-say–..." Wonyoung was about to respond, in panic, but...

 

 

"Of course, of course..." Hitomi did first, and her seemingly serene voice caught the whole attention.

 

 

"Chaewon-unnie have a lot of admirers here in our university, even from other universities. You're right, Yujin." Hitomi stepped a little closer to Chaewon and started to put povidone iodine, about to finish treating her wounds...

 

 

"You're a charming one, Chaewon-unnie... Intelligent, a respected figure, tallented – Has a really nice voice, captivating eyes, a warming contagious smile and there are more to enumerate, and there will be more than one hundred people who'll run here to say those if you'll give them chances."

 

 

"You... don't have to lose yourself just because you feel like you need to take back what's already in the past."

 

 

Right...

 

 

"You deserve more, you deserve much more. Why not... try to seek happiness with those who are willing to be with you instead of chasing the person who has hers already?"

 

 

"Right, Chaewon-unnie? Don't you think it'll be a good idea?" Hitomi finished up, now slightly pressing the band aid on Chaewon's scratch on her cheekbone and the latter, after hearing the words of the younger, fell silent...

 

 

"Too specific, but okay." Yujin thought before inhaling deeply and say, "See, even Hitomi-unnie thinks the same. It's only you, so please, your world doesn't revolve around Minjoo only, stop treating her or your past like it's the only thing you can have in your lifetime. Move on... Unnie."

 

 

 

 

"Thank you, Hitoma." Chaewon uttered, fixing her blanket as she decided to go take a rest after everything that had happened.

 

 

"It's okay, you don't have to be thankful. I just followed what Eunbi-unnie instructed." The younger responded, now carrying the first aid kit in one hand.

 

 

The President chose not to let any employee know what happened, considering that the two:

Yujin and Chaewon, are highly appreciated and respected as role model students. And Hitomi along with Minjoo, was ordered by the highest council member to just treat them on their own.

 

 

"No, not that..."

 

 

"I–..." Hitomi looked at the older, hesitancy is lacing on Chaewon's aura and it's way very evident.

 

 

"Hmm? Eonnie?"

 

 

Chaewon glanced up at her, taking a peek, making sure that it's the right time to say, "I'm thankful of the words you've said earlier, you're right..."

 

 

And it's the right timing anyway, "I should stop trying to take back the happiness that had passed."

 

 

There, a smile that shaped on Hitomi's face, making Chaewon feel warmed.

 

 

 

"Ey, it's Yujin who started, I just had to in so she won't make offensive remarks."

 

 

 

"Then I'm more thankful... you protected me from hearing anything hurtful, and that you said it yourself with consideration."

 

 

Chaewon is a future lawyer, the way her points are given, Hitomi could only chuckle by this time, having no ability to counterattack, letting herself to just accept the "thank you".

 

 

"But I hope..." Their eyes met...

 

 

"Your view of me didn't change..." Doubt was heard sticking to the words of wish the older uttered.

 

 

But she first earned a chuckle from the younger, making her bite her lip in nervousness, "Eonnie..."

 

 

Hitomi took a deep breath, "You don't have to worry about anyone's view of you, they should rather understand that even the people we look up to, have a side that's against our individual values. Not just because they are always pure looking, means they are all the way untainted."

 

 

The smile on the younger's face, that sweet, sweet smile...

 

 

"No one's perfect, everyone commits mistakes. It only matters depending on the amount of affected people, and the level of the chaos it created."

 

 

And those words…

 

 

"On your case, all of us should respect your emotion, knowing that Minjoo is your ex and you're probably still not over it, but of course, Eonnie..."

 

 

Are all already enough for now.

 

 

"Despite us understanding, you also have to understand that what you did, is still, wrong."

 

 

"All sides have to adjust, to understand, and to consider the others. If you really want Minjoo back, or wants to clarify something, then talk to her properly, together with Yujin. But that's most likely not going to happen, because again..."

 

 

"It's better to let go now, than chase after someone who's already shielded by someone else."

 

 

"Oh‐... Hitomi?"

 

 

"Why did you ask me here? Are you okay?" At the forbidden rooftop of their dormitory building, there's Chaewon, trying to seek for the answer as to why the prior had called her to this place.

 

 

"We're prohibited to go here, Hiicha–..."

 

 

The older was paused when Hitomi faced her, looking so gloomy, yet gazing deeply to her eyes with certainty until a few seconds...

 

 

The younger felt bowing her head, hiding the sudden gush of anxiousness in her being. Why... why does she feel agitated?

 

 

"Hitoma," Chaewon walked, a little slow, towards the friend, "Do you have any problem? I'm here." Yeah...

 

 

"I'll listen, but uh, maybe in your room? It wouldn't be goo‐..."

 

 

"I like you, Eonnie."

 

 

Too sudden, it was too abrupt for Chaewon to process on time. She froze there, when she’s already only a few meters away from the prior.

 

 

"I like you..."

 

 

A strong wind passed through them, whistling through their ears with an unknown rhythm while making the trees dance in sync.

 

 

"I know it seems out of nowhere, random and sudden, but I've... I've been harboring these feelings for a long time already. I thought it was just a simple crush at first, but..."

 

 

"It has been good two years. Within that period, I'm always worried whenever you're tired, in trouble, upset; I'm always looking forward to seeing you; Feeling jealous when you're having a good time with someone else; I didn't realize these things too, until I found myself observing every details in you, even the small ones. I–..."

 

 

"I really like you, Eonnie."

 

 

No response.

 

 

The boldness Hitomi took time to muster quickly faded upon hearing nothing but silence from the older woman, and already feeling the tension building up, the younger then decided to call it to its end, yet just right when she was just about to inhale…

 

 

“It’s okay, Hitomi.” Chaewon responded, but…

 

 

“It’s not like you’re going to pursue me anyway, right?”

 

 

Ahh…

 

 

Hitomi wasn’t able to answer. What does she exactly want anyway? That’s a question Hitomi had answered already even before she confessed, yet hearing Chaewon say it herself as if it’s all fine as long as she won’t take steps forward towards her is a must, she, all of a sudden, don’t know anymore.

 

 

Of course she wants to pursue the woman, confessing always leads there anyway, but the way Chaewon asked it, really… It feels like he shouldn’t yet.

 

 

Hitomi took time to think, and on the way through it, she felt arms wrapping around her, a body sharing its warmth with hers.

 

 

“Is that what you’re worried of? That’s why you called me here?”

 

 

“It’s okay…”

 

 

There’s nothing she can do, but…

 

 

“We still can be friends, don’t worry. Nothing will change.” To accept it for now.

 

 

 

 

Eating their dinner in a fine dining restaurant, just the two of them, so peaceful yet also nerve-wracking for at least one of them. Since when it didn’t feel worrisome when it’s just only the two of you; you and the person you love.

 

 

“Eonnie…” She called, and the latter looked up to her, chewing whatever that is in .

 

 

“Hm?”

 

 

“I…” She heaved once, gathering all the courage she has once more, to speak out her thoughts, “It has been years since…” She was stopped when the older placed down her utensils and rested her back on the support of the fancy chair.

 

 

“Why did you stop? Go on, I’m listening.” Chaewon chuckled, and that eased the younger a bit.

 

 

“I-It has been years since… I confessed, right?” Chaewon went back on eating as she nodded, signaling the younger to go on.

 

 

“I’m thinking, maybe, this time… you could let me-…”

 

 

“Pursue me?” Chaewon cut her off, the intention is clear anyway, she already can hear the next words from the younger.

 

 

Again, she placed down her utensils and sipped a bit of her not so cold drink, eyes gazed up to the woman sitting across her, emitting confidence which is intimidating the younger more and more by every second.

 

 

She bit her lower lip, and after a couple of seconds, spoke, “Yea, it has been a few years. We’ve graduated last year and you confessed back in your second year in the university.”

 

 

Hitomi had to gulp, flushing the lump she didn’t noticed blocking her air path for a moment now.

 

 

“Hitomi, Honda… Hitomi.” That froze the younger, she was called in full name by the woman which, rarely, rarely happens. It sounds calm yet the feeling from hearing it was intense.

 

 

“You’re such a loyal one, ain’t you?” Mhm, of course.

 

 

Like what was mentioned, it has been years already, but still, her eyes are still stuck to the one and only Kim Chaewon.

 

 

“That’s impressive, really impressive.” The latter commented.

 

 

“Alongside with that, you, as a person, are very charming as well. Demure, would silently excel in many things. Intelligent, talented, wise, bold…”

 

 

“What could another person wish, right?”

 

 

Hitomi felt enlightened…

 

 

The look on Chaewon’s eyes, it’s gratifying. There were sparks, and all of a sudden, the nervousness embracing Hitomi transformed into anticipation.

 

 

“So, are you going to start now? Maybe drive me home after this?”

 

 

 

 

“Oh~ Hitomi-ssi~” A motherly hug engulfed the latter, while the actual daughter of the woman stood there, smiling, feeling nervous.

 

 

“Are you eating dinner with us?” The woman asked, cupping the younger’s fluffy cheeks.

 

 

Hitomi chuckled, “Yes, Auntie. Chaewon and I…” Chaewon looked at her nervously, and she knew by that moment, her girlfriend’s family is still unaware of what they are, “Didn’t meet for a long time so we decided to hang out for a bit.”

 

 

“Ohh~ I see, that’s nice to know that the two of you still goes around together, hm.”

 

 

Chaewon’s mother motioned them to follow her to the dining area where the head of the family is.

 

 

“Yeah, uh, we’re planning… to have a sleepover here?” Chaewon said, more like, asking for permission.

 

 

“Yeah, of course, Honey, but let’s have dinner first, shall we?”

 

 

They entered the huge dining area, Chaewon’s Father is already there, sitting by the first chair lent only for the head of the family, just the design of the table, the carvings on the wooden chair, everyone who’ll be able to see this will already conclude that Chaewon is living a good-good life. Add to those materials, there are two or three servants as well.

 

 

Who would have thought Chaewon’s family is this rich when she’s not one of a showy type. This is also the reason why… Hitomi is expecting not to be introduced as her girlfriend yet. She’s seen it already.

 

 

“Hitomi-ssi, I’m glad you came, I haven’t seen any of Chaewon’s friends after graduation. I’m delighted that you kept in touch with our daughter.”

 

 

She was greeted even before she could take a seat.

 

 

“Ahh, it’s also nice to see you, Uncle.”

 

 

The dinner went on, there were small talks between Hitomi and Chaewon’s parents. It was a warm, nice night, but of course, just nice, not perfect…

 

 

“Where’s Minjoo, by the way?”

 

 

“I heard she’s already a surgeon. How is she? Is she and Yujin still in a relationship?” Asked by Chaewon’s Mother and there was a pause in the conversation. Hitomi had to glance at her secret girlfriend who looks… a little bit bothered.

 

 

“Yeah, Auntie. They’re already engaged, actually.”

 

 

“O-…” Surprised, or…

 

 

“Wow. Well, Yujin is a known lawyer in the field, right? And Minjoo is already a surgeon. Both are successful anyway, but hmm…”

 

 

“What a waste, they won’t have chi-…”

 

 

“Mom.” It was Chaewon, after being silent for the entire dinner, finally spoke only to cut her Mother’s words.

 

 

“What? I’m just stating the fact, Sweetie. I‘m not judging, I’m just a bit disappointed with that fact they won’t have their own child. Their traits will put into waste. Mhmm, well, good that our daughter isn’t dating any ladies anymore, right, Chaewonie?”

 

 

There…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter