Space (For Memories)

Crime Passionnel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

22

 

        “Yujin, are you busy?” The younger immediately responded by looking and saying, “No.” With a smile plastered on her lips and anticipation filled her eyes.

 

 

“You won’t do anything?”

 

 

“I’m done with my requirements and we just finished our exams.”

 

 

“Okay, so uh, can you help me?” Yujin adores the pleading with hopefulness expression her girlfriend is showing, the cute image made her chuckle while approaching the older who’s sitting on her own bed.

 

 

“Sure, with what?” She asked, and Minjoo pressed her lips together for a second, eyes down on Yujin’s shirt before requesting the latter to, “Face me properly.”

 

 

Perplexed by the seriousness on Minjoo’s tone, Yujin is. There was no other instruction, not even an explanation as to why her girlfriend needs her help. The med-student just straight up ordered her to face her properly.

 

 

This might be one of those moments again, when Minjoo will do something she’s unfamiliar of yet fascinating to watch. So she complied – faced her girlfriend properly, with her hands clasped, and eyes saying ‘I’m waiting, go on’.

 

 

But well…

 

 

Who wouldn’t be taken aback when the next direction you hear is, “Come closer and spread your legs a little.”

 

 

“Pardon?” Eyes wide open, lids not daring to blink, not a bit. Lips parted. Jaw loosened. Body felt numb. Breathing hitched. Heartbeats faster. Yujin blankly stared at her woman and it took the med-student couples of seconds to realize what Yujin is confused for.

 

 

The older almost had her palms pressed on her face, she must’ve gone so uncreative to say something so inappropriate just for Yujin to misunderstand and thought of something else.

 

 

“I mean-… I’m not going to do anything, I just need all your muscles to be visible while I re-memorize each part and pair.” She explained, and Yujin had to take a deep, deep breathe to suppress the laughter threatening to break free from , but when Minjoo looked, when their eyes met…

 

 

Seeing the blush on the med-student’s cheeks, Yujin no longer held back and let her forehead rest on the prior’s shoulder and laugh. On the other hand, Minjoo remained still and silent, speaking nothing and did just let herself be embarrassed in front of and by her own girlfriend.

 

 

A minute after, which was a good set of sixty seconds, at least for Yujin, the younger lifted her head up and had to wipe the tears that had formed in the corner of her eyes.

 

 

“Okay, okay, I’m sorry, I’ll stop.”

 

 

Minjoo always gets teased by the law student, but this is the first time she actually got teased for her carelessness in choosing of words. And just thinking what Yujin could’ve thought makes her confidence deflate, until she decided to let it slide without a word and go on with her actual purpose.

 

 

Yujin still has that smile on her face, still teasing, but regardless, Minjoo brought her hands up and cupped the younger’s cheeks and with full authority through her voice, she said, “Stay still.” Wiping that grin off. Of that charming yet tease-full face.

 

 

Yujin felt Minjoo’s soft palms, the latter’s thumb caressed the tip of her nose for the millisecond that passed before pushing her fingers through Yujin’s hair.

 

 

“Stay still for a while and let me recall what I’ve studied.”

 

 

The younger then fell silent, feeling that tingly sensation right on her scalp, she wants to lose that time and close her eyes.

 

 

While Minjoo, “Temporalis, origin – temporal fossa, insertion – anterior potion of mandibular ramus and coronoid process, action – elevates and draws mandible posteriorly closes jaw…”

 

 

Keeps on murmuring things the law student will never understand. All she knows by that moment, is that it’s not only Minjoo who’s benefiting on this session of them of reviewing the med-student, but also Yujin herself.

 

 

To be this close with Minjoo, to see the older focusing only on her, and to feel the light, warm touch even if it’s for academic purposes are already satisfying her desires (needs, perhaps) as a girlfriend – the affection, attention. It’s sweet, this review session is just as sweet as those dates they had.

 

 

Even if it’s definitely a bizarre thing.

 

 

If students were to fall in love within the period of university days, studying like this won’t cross their minds. Most of them would talk to each other and say, “I have exams tomorrow, I’ll just call you later”, and will agree not to see each other or date for a few days or even talk till they’re done with each and every school works they have.

 

 

Yujin then thinks it must be so lucky of her to have her girlfriend as her roommate, right?

 

 

They can spend time every after class, every night, and would wake up to see each other’s faces first in the morning. They have this opportunity together that they can even lend time to help one another even for the things that are out of their own courses.

 

 

Right…

Maybe that’s why I didn’t realize how poor I am when it comes to time management.

I was too used to that we’re always together, I was probably too complacent, but then again… it has been years since I unconsciously changed, and I didn’t realize it sooner.

 

 

Tracing her thumb in a circular motion around the pair of pinkish lips, Minjoo uttered, “Orbicularis oris,” the muscle’s name, and, “Action – closes and purses lips, a good way to say is…”

 

 

“Kissing.”

 

 

Breathe getting heavier, suddenly feeling dizzy upon the gush of adrenaline through her veins, Minjoo pressed the tip of her thumb just above Yujin’s lower lip, feeling that soft, plump flesh – her brows twitched, completely distracted from her review.

 

 

“I think you forgot something, Doctor Kim.” Even with her own shaky breathe, Yujin managed to say, even calling her girlfriend’s future title.

 

 

“Hmm?” While Minjoo never averted her eyes anywhere else, letting it stay right there where her thumb is, “Origin and insertion of that muscle.”

 

 

With that, half of Minjoo’s consciousness woke up, eyes now lifting to have a heavily, intimate lock with the law student’s orbs.

 

 

“Right…”

 

 

So close, too close for two people who consider calling this ‘reviewing’ [We’ll keep calling it review session because it is]. Inhaling one another’s scent, exhaling and having their breathe mix together, the inch of a distance never broke as they stare at each other.

 

 

“Are you flirting with me, Doctor Kim?” Yujin asked, her hands rested on the other’s thigh and waist.

 

 

“No, Attorney Ahn. I’m reviewing for my exams.” Yujin barely nodded for a response as even her, got stunned to the moment.

 

 

“I see, yet it makes me wonder…”

 

 

“Will you possibly do this to your future patients?” Caressing the thigh of the older, and slightly squeezing that tiny waist, Yujin asked, making the conversation last long while she admires the sight of her drowned in intimacy girlfriend.

 

 

“Patients…”

 

 

“The academic principles said don’t get too physically close to your patients without protective equipment, they might be carrying something your eyes can’t see, but you, Attorney Ahn…”

 

 

Hands still on the law student’s face, eyes still down on the other’s lips, “Is not even a patient, but why do I felt the need to hold you? To even place my thumb right here?”

 

 

That’s it, disregarding the need to review, setting aside all the papers on her bed, Minjoo lets herself be a bit reckless and to procrastinate for a moment or at least for tonight, to flir-… to cuddle with Yujin, who seems to be more willing for anything her girlfriend would ask for her to do, even if it’ll consume time unnecessarily.

 

 

Well, whatever, they’ve been very good students anyway, they just want to do something else too.

 

 

And if closing all the notes and books to spend time with each other will grant the thrill, then why not.

 

 

Priorities are priorities, but to them, each other should be on top of anything.

 

 

That’s what she promised, right…

 

 

But still, “Don’t you have to study first, Doctor Kim?”

 

 

Maybe she had it ever since, that part of her who looks at the future that awaits first before looking back on her own current time, would wonder what might happen later instead of enjoying what’s now.

 

 

But it wasn’t severe yet that time, it just seemed like she’s being careful enough at the very least.

 

 

Minjoo then chuckled, giving up, her hands dropping, her head nodded before letting out a few more softer laughs, making the younger feel a bit confused as she watches her girlfriend take a few papers from the side.

 

 

“Where did I stop?” Minjoo asked, now with a proper distance.

 

 

And Yujin will admit, she regretted even asking, and got too lost from it, all she answered was, “Kissing.”

 

 

This time, it’s Minjoo’s turn to laugh. Taking one of Yujin’s hands, squeezing it and letting out a heartily laugh, the latter fell even more baffled.

 

 

“Right, the origin and insertion…”

 

 

“Nasal septum, maxilla and mandible. Then, fascia and other muscles of lips.”

 

 

“Moving on...”

 

 

Yujin turned silent, still full of regrets. She could’ve gotten at least a kiss earlier, but because she asked about prioritizing Minjoo’s study, they now have to go back to it, the actual activity.

 

 

“Zygomaticus major…”

 

 

The silence Yujin made was pretty concerning for herself, while Minjoo concentrated until the very last muscle she has to recite and well…

 

 

“Done. Thank you.” Head up after almost an hour study, Minjoo smiled brightly while Yujin took the time to compose herself and when she did, “Minjoo…”

 

 

She called the woman who’s cleaning her bed, now the authority laced on the voice of the younger.

 

 

“Hmm?” Minjoo responded without even glancing at her.

 

 

“Payment.” Until she heard the word from Yujin.

 

 

“What?”

 

 

Yujin crossed her arms, still sitting on the older’s bed.

 

 

“Payment? You took an hour from me, Baby.” And Minjoo could only giggle, while shaking her head in disbelief before asking, “What do you want?”

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter