Dimples and Voice

Crime Passionnel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

3

 

         Back in the cafeteria where everything started, the four ate their after class snacks. There are few more students from different departments, and gladly, Yujin seems to be free from the embarrassment that she had yesterday.

 

 

“Really!?”

 

 

“She’s your room-…!?”  Yena almost shouted, if it’s not for Chaeyeon covering , then the whole cafeteria will go insane by now.

 

 

“I was surprised too. I thought, she only wants to help me go to my room because I really can’t find it, but yeah, she’s my roommate.”   Yujin finished her drink, and bit her lower lip, remembering the things that had happened yesterday, it still feels a bit surreal.

 

 

“Right, I heard those scholars were also given free rooms in the dormitory.”  Chaeyeon commented, and Yena nodded and said,  “It’s one of their benefits. All they will spend money for, is their daily allowance.”

 

 

Wonyoung deeply sighed and wished,  “I hope I can be a scholar too.”

 

 

“But really, I can’t imagine myself being in the position of any of the student council officers. All of them are scholars, are all from highly respected departments, if I would be with them, I don’t think I’ll have time for myself anymore.”

 

 

“That’s it, that’s what I wanted to point out yesterday. That star student? Kim Minjoo-ssi? She’s pretty and has all those things with her, that’s… I wish I can do the same.”

 

 

The two sophomores only nodded, while Yujin remained staring at her cup of drink, thinking of her future days here at the university. Everyone knows, no programs are easy, there might be some which seem easy or hard, but actually, taking a program and viewing it either easy or hard depends on the student’s capability and environment.

 

 

After some more moments and conversations, the four headed out of the cafeteria and headed to the lounge of their dormitory and there, the chat continued.

 

 

“Are you guys coming later? In your welcoming party?”  There will be a welcoming party for freshmen, more like, a socialization party for them to be recognized and be known by their own departments. It’s an informal event, and not everyone is obligated to attend.

 

 

“Only freshmen will attend, Unnie?”  Wonyoung asked, resting herself on the small couch in the lounge.

 

 

“Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors might come, but incomplete. Most likely, those who are in the supreme student council and department organizations are the ones who will surely be there.”  Chaeyeon answered.

 

 

“You’re not obligated to go, but…”  Yena posed exaggeratedly hot and,  “We will be dancing on the stage later, you might want to watch, to bless your eyes.”

 

 

The two freshmen cringed, Yujin even acted like she’s going to puke, and Yena sighed deeply, tired of the youngers not accepting the fact.

 

 

“But no, seriously, the two of you should come. You will meet more friends, and there will be a mini talent show, the two of should participate.”  Chaeyeon convinced the two, but only one nodded excitedly, and that’s Wonyoung.

 

 

“What about you, Yujin?”

 

 

“I might not come.”  Thinking that the formal classes will start tomorrow, she doesn’t know whether it’ll be a good choice not to study in advance and enjoy, or just lurk in the dormitory while reading her books.

 

 

“Wow, Yujin, is that you?”  Yujin rolled her eye as Yena questioned her.

 

 

“You never miss events like this, why do you look hesitant?”

 

 

“Right, you’re always the party goer here.”

 

 

“Yeah, I would like to, but you know, it’s already college.”  Yujin answered, with a sour expression.

 

 

They wanted to agree, but being law students,  “That’s why we should enjoy this last academic free day,”  they know how it will be hard for them to enjoy once the real classes started.

 

 

Yujin just shrugged her shoulders, and the two older ones told them a lot of things they experienced during their first year to warn them, until it’s time to go…

 

 

“Hey, we still have practice, we’re heading out.”  Yena stood and waved at the two freshmen while Chaeyeon,  “The two of you, come, okay?” convinced the two one last time.

 

 

The younger ones watched their unnies until they are out of their sight, and when the two are no longer visible,  “I will rest first,”  Wonyoung stood up and placed back the pillow on the couch.

 

 

“Okay, I will too.”  The two walked apart and signaled each other to see later in the evening, in the event for the freshmen.

 

 

Yujin went directly to her room and upon entering, a sigh went through out of her, catching the attention of the woman inside.

 

 

“Oh, welcome back.”  With a friendly, warm smile, Minjoo greeted, sitting on her bed, drying her hair with a towel.

 

 

At that moment, Yujin smelled the fresh, sweet scent of the star student and that was more than enough to wake her senses.

 

 

“Hi~”  Yujin just greeted back with a simple word, now walking to her bed.

 

 

“Was the day tiring? Your department didn’t start the classes yet, did they?”  Yujin shook her head and answered,  “I thought college doesn’t need this ‘introduce yourself, tell us your hobbies, etcetera’ anymore, but I was wrong. They just upgraded it.”  Minjoo chuckled, but nodded in agreement.

 

 

“The introduction leveled up, from just those simple phrase, now it involves grouping activities or plays, or games, right?”  The sophomore knows.

 

 

“Yeah, and it was tiring to cooperate.”

 

 

That made Minjoo wonder, was it really a trait of a lawyer, to be a bit of an individualist, but regardless of her curiosity, she didn’t ask.

 

 

“Well, anyway…”  She stood up and picked a paper from her bag.

 

 

“Here, have you seen this?”  Yujin looked at the older one, took the paper and read it.

 

 

“Ahh, yeah, we saw a team distributing these flyers earlier.”

 

 

“Yup, will you attend?”

 

 

“Hmm, I don’t know…”

 

 

The star student can still sense this individualist behavior, which she thought at that time, won’t really help the freshmen. Connection with others are important.

 

 

“You should, Yujin-ah, to expand your connection. It’ll be an advantage once you’re a lawyer.”  Minjoo stated, and went to their bathroom to hang her towel and bathrobe, while Yujin remained silent, a bit surprised…

 

 

And as Minjoo went back to,  “Don’t you thi…, why? You suddenly seem uncomfortable?”

 

 

“Y-You called me informally.”  Minjoo’s brows twitched, she thought, it’ll make the latter feel more at ease, to have someone showing openness, but then…

 

 

“Ah, sorry. Should I stick with callikg you Yujin-s-…”

 

 

“No, I mean...”  Yujin scratched her cheek with her index finger, feeling shy,  “I was just surprised, that was the first time.”

 

 

The tiny disappointment within Minjoo was shoved away as Yujin answered, but instead of responding to the what they are talking about, Minjoo's attention was fully caught by something else as she saw how the latter pressed her lips together...

 

 

“Yujin-ah…”  She called, startling Yujin’s insides. It never felt this heart fluttering to hear her name.

 

 

“You have dimples…”  Minjoo is looking at it, and Yujin would always feel proud about her dimples… except at this moment. There’s just this unpaintable expression in the star student’s face and she was startled when the med student stood in front of her and crouched to get a closer look.

 

 

“May I?”  Asking for permission to touch it, Minjoo sat beside the younger one.

 

 

“G-Go ahead.”  Yujin doesn’t know the reason, why the star student looks so interested.

 

 

“They are a bit deep…”

 

 

Minjoo’s fingertips touched her dimples, and Yujin swallowed nothing, but air as she gulped, trying to soak her already too dry throat. Yujin is very well aware of people getting excited to see someone with dimples, she had met many who poked her cheeks because of it, but this is the first time her heart did a somersault as she felt being touched.

 

 

“Dimples… are kind of an abnormality…”

 

 

“Beautiful abnormality.”

 

 

Her hands now cupping Yujin’s cheek, she’s really trying to trace the muscles of the law student.

 

 

“Your zygomaticus major,"

 

"Here…”  Minjoo brushed her thumbs on the latter’s cheek, where she can feel the mentioned muscle, and Yujin felt so warm, too warm that she’s probably sweating already, more when the med student leaned closer for a better view…

 

 

That moment, Yujin realized the expression that the star student had, it is her med student side and it felt fascinating, to witness it, for Yujin.

 

 

“They must be shorter than they should be, creating this cute little notch on your cheeks when you flex your facial muscles. Will you smile for me?”  Yujin wasn’t able to answer, wasn’t even able to blink and just a small whimper came out of her lips, but the star student didn’t hear it, probably, too focused on examining the other’s facial muscles.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter