Just From The Very Beginning

Crime Passionnel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2

 

       “She’s the supreme student council secretary.”  Everyone in the cafeteria is looking into a single subject, Kim Minjoo, may be it a new student or not, she’s just eye-catching.

 

 

“She’s a star student, everyone knows her, and all the professors do too, even if they are not from her department. And she’s a scholar, also a consistent Dean’s Lister.”  Yena added to Chaeyeon’s explanation as the two freshmen with them have their eyes on the same subject.

 

 

“She’s so pretty and you’re telling us that she’s also a scholar and a Dean’s Lister? I guess, God really favors some more.”  Wonyoung bitterly took a bite of her corn dog and the two sophomores just laughed.

 

 

“Well, she’s the embodiment of perfection. I can’t deny that I also feel my insecurities embracing me sometimes, when I see her.”  Yena answered with a click of her tongue at the end.

 

 

Everyone sees her as the embodiment of perfection.

 

 

“The orientation is done, what are you two planning?”  Chaeyeon asked, chewing her burger.

 

 

“I have to find my room in the dormitory.”  Yujin answered and Wonyoung nodded.

 

 

“Are you two roommates?”

 

 

“Nope, we chose the rooms for two so it won’t be crowded when studying, but sadly, all rooms for two are occupied by at least one.”  Wonyoung responded while Yujin got up from her seat,  “I’ll just buy a drink.”  Not even waiting for the answers of the three, she just went towards the lemonade stall and bought a sixteen ounce cup.

 

 

She paid, thanked the seller and as soon as she turned around to walk back to their table…

 

 

Everyone in the cafeteria gasped...

 

 

“S-Sorry!”

 

 

First day and a tragedy painted a history already. The cup of lemonade spilled a small amount of the juice, and someone has her clothes a bit soaked from it. Chaeyeon, Yena and Wonyoung flinched from their spot as they watch Yujin from afar.

 

 

The latter bowed several times, it was her fault or maybe…

 

 

“It’s okay, I stood too close.”  It’s hers.

 

 

Yujin looked up into the eyes of the person and to her bad luck, it is the star student. She thought, spilling a drink on someone and having the world move in a slow pace are only in dramas, but she even saw sparks.

 

 

“N-No, I didn’t look in the way before turni-…”

 

 

“Minjoo, you okay?”  A woman approached them, one of her friends, probably.

 

 

“Yeah, I stood too close behind her, it’s my fault.”  The star student smiled, and Yujin felt her soul curling up in happiness.

 

 

After giving off the freshman a smile, Minjoo looked down on her clothes and Yujin being sensitive, “H-Here,”  gave the star student her handkerchief, making the woman chuckle.

 

 

“You can just… give her the tissue.”  The other woman beside the star student means nothing, but convenience to the freshman, but some of those other students who can hear them took it as an embarrassing moment, and Yujin isn’t dense of that.

 

 

She already feels anxious because of the incident, yet more when it suddenly looked like she’s hitting on the star student. And now that she’s feeling humiliated, in her first day in this university, she mummed and just nodded, handing the star student the tissue she got from buying the drink.

 

 

But to everyone’s surprise…

 

 

“That won’t be enough, I guess I’ll have to take the handkerchief.” 

 

 

Yujin’s eyes opened a little wider in shock, she doesn’t know if the star student that moment is serious or is just saving her from the embarrassing scene. The freshman doesn’t seem to have the ability to move at that moment and so the student council secretary giggled and took the handkerchief from the new student herself.

 

 

“What’s your name?”  And asked.

 

 

“Yu-… Ahn Y-Yujin.”  The freshman stammered as she answers, but managed to slightly bow her head.

 

 

“Okay, nice to meet you, Yujin-ssi. I’ll give you this back.” 

 

 

“O-Okay, I’m sorry.”  Yujin bowed one last time and thought it was the end of it, but the star student,  “I’m Minjoo, by the way, and this is Chaewon…”

 

 

“I’ll hand you this tomorrow, you’re from what department?”

 

 

“Law.”

 

 

“Okay, Ahn Yujin-ssi, sorry again and… thanks for this.”

 

 

 

 

“Just from the very beginning, I already have my eyes on you, but I didn’t notice…”

 

 

The defendant’s eyes are still gazing on her wife’s, and everyone can feel their hearts shattering as her devastation is evidently showing from her face, while her love is still transparently drawn from her eyes.

 

 

“That she has been looking at you for longer than I do.”

 

 

 

 

“Yah, Yujin, you still fine?”  Yena asked, rubbing the latter’s upper arm, full of concern.

 

 

“She didn’t get mad, did she?”  Wonyoung let the friend it by her side.

 

 

They tried keeping it low-key as everyone seems to be fazed about what happened.

 

 

“M-My handkerchief is… I gave my h-handkerchief to her.”  Chaeyeon wanted to cry, Yena wanted to laugh while Wonyoung wanted to smack the one holding the cup of lemonade.

 

 

“She’s not fine because of the scene she created…”  Yena sighed and massaged her temples.

 

 

“First day, and you created a history, but you’re more concerned about your handkerchief?

 

 

“You must be struck with cupid’s arrow.”

 

 

“No, what?”  The three only laughed when Yujin tried to clarify things on them.

 

 

Before Yujin was even able to speak for herself, the three already stood up and has decided to go and rest in the dormitory rooms.

 

 

“Yah!”

 

 

“Come on, Yujin-ah, you still need to find your room.”  Chaeyeon just invited the latter, not really willing to listen.

 

 

But what Yujin felt that day wasn’t really… about any romantic feeling towards the star student. Before she entered the law school, all she knows is study hard and build up the best career for herself, all she was supposed to do, is to graduate and fulfill her dream to be a lawyer. 

 

 

But you know, love comes at unexpected times, will start with unexpected events.

 

 

“We will bring you to your rooms.”  Chaeyeon suggested, but the two freshmen declined.

 

 

“No, I’m fine, I’ll be just in the second building dormitory, our rooms are a far from each other, it’ll be a burden.”  Wonyoung looked at her guide and stated with a smile.  “You sure?”,  “Yeah, I can handle.”

 

 

Then, the three of them turned to Yujin who’s scanning her own guide.

 

 

“You, Yujin?”

 

 

“No… I can handle myself as well.”  Though perplexed of the guide, Yujin insisted to go alone as well.

 

 

“Then, we’ll go. If you need anything, we’re just one chat away.”

 

 

Then, they departed and walked to different directions. Yena and Chaeyeon went together, and Wonyoung went to the third floor and asked some students for directions, while there’s Yujin…

 

 

“Really, I can’t be an engineer…”  For a good three minutes, still staring at the floor plan in the fourth floor, trying to find where her room is.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter