Us, And Our Golden Hours

Crime Passionnel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

25

 

Final.

 

       Waking up from a deep, sweet slumber, her eyes immediately landed to her side where she can feel a weight pressed on her arm.

 

 

Even though feeling numb already, she decided rather not to move yet, and enjoy the time she has, to do something she wasn't able to for the past years—gaze at her wife with full attention and admiration.

 

 

A smile crept to her lips as she shifted her body a bit closer to the one who's sleeping still. Her free hand by instinct, lifted and made its way to brush off the locks blocking the aesthetical view she desires to get a sight of – the face of the woman, her wife.

 

 

And upon seeing that beyond perfect face, her palm soon warmed up the, a little cold cheek while her thumbs caressed the still, tear-stained face of her wife.

 

 

She's back, they are back, Yujin thought, now taking the precious, golden time to trace each and every edge of the sleeping one with her fingertips, rememorizing every point. Once more, a smile is sketched on her lips, but this time, it's a lot wider. She can't help but to bite her lower lip to suppress the positively, overwhelming feeling in her chest. It's warm, too warm, but it feels more than comfortable to feel, as if... she's born and was meant to melt from the heat with joy and gratefulness.

 

 

"Minjoo..." Yujin mumbled under her breathe, eyes down on the lips of her wife as her thumb went to press the flesh a bit, her smile faded, some things just needed to be remembered...

 

 

"I'm sorry, Yujin, I'm so sorry."

 

 

Minjoo's hands were shaking as she keeps cupping the younger's face. While Yujin lets herself get drowned, by the mixed emotions from hearing the words she probably had been just waiting for the past weeks to hear, and from seeing the fully, distorted face of her wife as she cries, with pure pain and guilt.

 

 

"I do still... love you."

 

 

But everything soon vanished, when her mind processed the words she heard on the exact time they were shakily whispered.

 

 

She can't stop the tiny gasp from , she had to gulp and chuckle while finally gathering back all the energy she almost unintentionally dropped.

 

 

Yujin felt her sobs coming too, in sync with Minjoo's, as if they were meant to cry together as well. After a couple of soft laughs and sobs combined, the younger nodded, taking the older's pair of hands, giving them a soft peck before cupping Minjoo's cheeks and pressing their forehead back once again.

 

 

"I love you too."

 

 

She then muttered, breathing out in relief.

 

 

"I'm sorry, Yujin."

 

 

While Minjoo is still in a daze, still apologizing for something Yujin probably, had almost forgotten at this moment of time already as she, "Shh, it's okay. It's okay." Just desires to devour the goodness from the new start and enjoy the time now that they are back, to where they should be—in their home, their comfort.

 

 

"You're still my wife, I'm still your Yujinie."

 

 

The older wasn't able to say any more things as Yujin herself, pulled her into a tight embrace, locking the warmth they weren't able to feel for such a long time with their bodies pressed against each other deeply.

 

 

"I love you..."

 

 

"I love you."

 

 

Repetitive, they might be, but those words, have to be said again and again to make up to all those days they weren't able to be uttered or be heard.

 

 

"Yujin, I’m really sorry.”

 

 

“Yujin…”

 

 

She still can hear the older murmuring the same words, the same apology, with the same tone of pain, guilt, regret and remorse, and she knew she can’t really stop it all now, she can’t help Minjoo to ram those feelings away quickly, and so…

 

 

She just nodded, and pushed the Doctor a bit, giving space between them as she tuck the older’s hair behind her ear, cups her face and those tears off and, “Shh, Minjoo…”

 

 

“Shh.”

 

 

Shush her wife a little before…

 

 

Finally…

 

 

Giving a soft, gentle, sweet peck on the lips. And hm, perhaps, not enough…

 

 

Because Yujin had to pull her back once more, ghosting her lips right next to Minjoo’s, letting the very thin, sensitive skin brush against each other like feathers, tickling them a bit, silencing them both from their sobs. Yet that soft kiss was powerful enough to kick out all the unwanted emotions, all the heaviness they shouldn't be carrying anymore.

 

 

And fill them more with appreciation, love, warmth and care. More when they started moving, when they, after everything, finally can feel each other again, both emotionally and physically.

 

 

“It’s okay, we will make it up together.”

 

 

Everything in her mind is vivid, and it feels refreshing. And along with feeling satisfied and pleasured, she also gained the realization that…

 

 

“You really bring out the best in me.”

 

 

She was about to lie back properly, relax and just let her wife sleep a bit more, but in the middle of breathing in, she felt a movement and heard the woman on her arm exhaling deeply, she soon saw the older slowly opening her eyes… and met her gaze right after.

 

 

“Hi.” The Lawyer said, soft and in a soothing manner.

 

 

“Yujin…”

 

 

“Good morning.” Hmm, it is, no one can deny.

 

 

Minjoo didn’t respond, her eyes just showed confusion as she processes things from beginning to the current time again.

 

 

“What?” And seeing the perplexed expression, Yujin had to ask, “You okay?”

 

 

Minjoo blinked a few times rapidly, she suddenly felt a bit uncomfortable upon having her full sanity back. The thought and the fact that they’re hugging each other the whole night hit her. Her arms are still wrapped around the younger’s waist and the younger’s one arm is still serving as her pillow while the other is her hair.

 

 

“N-Nothing.”

 

 

Minjoo stammered, and Yujin had a quick giggle while tracing her hand back to her wife’s cheeks, “It’s real.”

 

 

And confirmed.

 

 

“This is real.”

 

 

Pulling Minjoo in a tighter hug. Letting the older be scooped, and snuggle to the taller’s neck closer.

 

 

Minjoo then gave in, swallowing the warmth she had been craving for deeply and heavily. The only warmth and touch she actually needed, from the one and only person she definitely needed and wanted.

 

 

“Shall we go for breakfast?” Yujin later asked, still fondling the older’s head.

 

 

“Can we… stay like this a bit more?”

 

 

When all was said and done, Minjoo in current time, had the courage and feel enough of worth to ask, to request, to simply hold Yujin back as the younger takes her with care, and that, everyone, gave Yujin more assurance and self-confidence that what she's walking into, is the right path.

 

 

"Of course..." Yujin was still able to mumble, "Of course." Before diving deeper with Minjoo.

 

 

The two remained still, tucked under the blanket, cuddling silently, for a bit – a minute? A two? Three? Who knows, not even them, are sure how much that 'a bit' was, but it's alright, they probably can neglect breakfast for this yet...

 

 

"Ahn Yujin, Kim Minjoo? Still ali-... OH MY GOD, PUT YOUR CLOTHES ON!"

 

 

Some invaders really had to enter the room at the wrong time without asking for permission, not even a knock was made.

 

 

"Yena, calm down, no one's ." Eunbi said, ready to burst out a laugh.

 

 

"Sorry, got too excited."

 

 

"Excited of what? Oh my gosh, Yena-unnie." Yuri gasped, teasing the older whose...

 

 

Face dropped as she explains, "They're both so covered by the blanket. Maybe I was just expecting to see something unusual for my innocent eyes." Despite the nonsense and comedy Yena brought, they all had to go back and see through the couple...

 

 

"So, we pulled it off, I see." Chaeyeon concluded, smiling warmly as the two sat upright.

 

 

Yujin responded with a slight nod and gave back the same smile, but quickly shove that warming expression in a millisecond to question, "Why are you all here anyway?" With such an evident annoyance, which made most of them laugh.

 

 

"Yah, I told you, we should've just let them be." Sakura protested, even clicking her tongue.

 

 

And Yena shrugged her shoulders as she, being the teaseful and stubborn friend that she is, just replied, "Well... sorry."

 

 

"We made breakfast, that's why. Also, we wanted to check the two of you, neither of you informed us what happened so we just went here on our own to see, and it looks like everything's fine anyway..." Eunbi breathed out with a lightness and ease.

 

 

"Maybe we should go, you two should follow, okay?"

 

 

Then the rest of them headed towards the door, feeling nothing but solace while giving the couple wide, contented smiles. Some didn't speak anymore, but signaled the two some thumb ups and okay signs while mouthing 'congratulations' before walking out and there...

 

 

Yujin chuckled, but was halted when Sakura tapped her and said, "You two, well done."

 

 

And the younger Lawyer got reminded, it's Sakura who made her realize things she lacked of during that time she was about to drop everything from her hands. It was Sakura who helped her, who helped them.

 

 

Sakura was already stepping outside, and Yujin had to quickly go up, “Wait here.” Despite leaving her wife confused.

 

 

“Unnie.” Sakura headed out, faced the door and looked at Yujin, “Hmm?”

 

 

The younger smiled, breathed out and uttered, “Thank you.”

 

 

The Prosecutor could only give out a smile, a satisfied one, “I didn’t do anything, Ahn Yujin, it’s all you and her.”

 

 

“But you pushed me-…”

 

 

“I didn’t. I probably pinched you a little to wake up, but that’s nothing to be thankful of. I should be the one saying thank the two of you, Yujin…”

 

 

“For I was able to witness something, something I wish we could’ve done before too.”

 

 

Getting the hunch doesn’t make you conclude, however, instead of asking, Yujin just nodded, simply taking the gratitude from the Prosecutor while asking for one thing the tsudenre probably found funny and cheesy for a moment, a hug.

 

 

“Unnie, just one, come on.”

 

 

Sakura sighed, but moved closer to the taller and gave her a hug anyway, with her head shaking in disbelief though, “Such a cheesy kid, just like before.”

 

 

Yujin then, after having a quick talk with the Prosecutor, went back inside and saw Minjoo tidying up the bed. The sight

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter