Where It All Started (THE FINALE)

Fated To Love You

"The usual?" Hyok said as Rae Won sat on his usual spot at the bar. 

It was a Saturday night, but the bar wasn't as jampacked because of today's weather forecast; non-stop rain brought about by the east asian monsoon that decided to visit the country in the second to the last month of the year. 

Rae Won was feeling more thankful than bothered though, as he had always considered the rain as an omen for everything good and fortunate that was about to happen in his life. The thought made him smile as he took a quick sip of his usual scotch on the rocks. 

"So, how's the photo exhibit going?" Hyok asked casually as he wiped his wet hands on a nearby towel. "I heard so many people, especially women of all ages, have been visiting and staying for hours." 

Rae Won chuckled. 

"Well, yeah..." He playfully agreed. "But sadly, the woman I've been waiting for hasn't visited yet."

Hyok gave his favorite customer a comforting pat on the back.

"Gweanchanha (It's okay), she'll come around." He uttered. 

It's been five, long months since Rae Won had last heard from Ih Na, but not a single day passed without him thinking about her; what she was doing, who she was with, if she was eating well. 

Admittedly, fighting the urge to text or call her was one of the hardest things to do, but Rae Won respected and loved her enough to give her the space that she had asked for. That didn't make him love her any less though. As a matter of fact, it gave him all the more reason to hold on even tighter. 

"I really do miss her, Hyok. I miss her a lot." Rae Won replied. 

"Well... I missed you too." A female voice suddenly said. 

Rae Won knew that voice; the one that sent butterflies to his stomach, the one that made him want to do 1000 cartwheels in an instant, and most of all, the one he longed for the most. 

After five, long months, Ih Na was sitting on the bar stool right beside him, wearing that shy smile that never failed to make his heart skip a beat. She was still the same Ih Na he remembered from five months back and though he had wanted to embrace her so badly in this very moment, Rae Won decided to keep his cool and flash the smile had had given her from that night they first met. 

"Just let it all out. I know it'll make you feel better somehow." Rae Won said, echoing the very first sentence he had ever said to her.

Ih Na continued to smile despite wiping a stray tear that had fallen from her eyes. Being in this very moment right now felt more than just recreating that night they first met, but being given a chance to start all over again, to fall in love all over again

"I've found myself, Rae Won. I ended up being in a better place, the best place actually, because of the time, the respect and most of all, the love you have given me." Ih Na began. "There are just so many things that I want to say to you right now, but I guess this is what will sum it all up." She took a quick pause.

"Saranghaeyo (I love you)." Ih Na uttered sincerely.

Rae Won might have been taken aback by what she had just said, but he wasn't stunned enough to not do what was most appropriate and most perfect in the given situation and that was to kiss Ih Na. So he did just that. He kissed her with so much love and longing, not wanting to part with her ever again. 

"Nado saranghaeyo (I love you too)." Rae Won replied as their foreheads rested against each others. "I'm so happy that you found your way back to me." 

As Rae Won pulled Ih Na into a tight, but comforting embrace, they were both filled with so many realizations. That sometimes, the right kind of love isn't measured by the length of a relationship, but in the way your partner makes you feel and how they treat you as their significant other, and as a human being in general. 

The right kind of love is one that does not make you feel as if you are not enough, one that chooses to understand, and one that is patient amidst trials. 

Finding that kind of love might be a bit difficult, but fate is never cruel to the ones who believe it. It intertwines those who can love purely and keeps them together on this journey we call life.

Both Rae Won and Ih Na were fated to love each other from the very start, and because the love that they had was the right one, the best one actually, nothing and no one was ever going to tear them apart. 

Together forever. Forever together.