A Noona's Concern

Fated To Love You

Ih Na's first day back at work went by smoothly, except for the part where her office was filled with so many random deliveries of flowers, food, and even additional office supplies and furniture.

Every single time she asked about the identity of the sender, she got the same answer over and over; "We're really sorry, ma'am, but the sender requested to be anonymous". 

"Ya, Soo Ih Na. You better tell me if you're planning to turn your office into a make-shift mini-mall." Son Mi said as she struggled to make her way towards her best friend's table. "Who's been sending all these gifts, anyway? Any guesses?" She asked. 

"None, and it's driving me crazy." Ih Na answered as she set aside her laptop. "I'm a hundred percent sure they aren't from Yong Hwa though."

"Well, what if they are?" 

Ih Na glared at her best friend. 

"Mwo(What)? Haven't you seen the news lately?" Son Mi asked. "Your ex-boyfriend, or shall I say, your ex-fiancee was scammed on one of his recent business ventures. Apparently, he had been in close contact with a con man who pretended to be an aspiring chef in Indonesia. To make the long story short, he lost a large sum of money and now, everything seems to be going downhill for him." She added. 

"And how is that supposed to be connected to him being the one behind all of this?" Ih Na uttered. 

"Don't you remember?" Son Mi began. "Everytime he'd fall into a slump, he remembers you and all the good things you've done for him. He starts buying you the things you want, telling you the words you want to hear, promising that he'll be a better boyfriend. Oh, come on. Are you really that distracted with Rae Won?" 

"Ya, Kwon Son Mi. Jugullae (Do you want to die)?"

Son Mi laughed in reply. 

"All I'm saying is that, it can be him." She answered. "So don't be surprised if he comes knocking on your door one of these days, pleading that you take him back."

"That isn't going to happen anymore, Son Mi. 7 years is enough." Ih Na replied. 

"Let's just hope that he doesn't." 

As a comfortable silence fell upon them, with Son Mi going through the pages of her planner, Ih Na fell deep into her thoughts.

She suddenly remembered the many times Yong Hwa would use that tactic, and how she'd fall for it every. single. time. She might have felt a bit anxious at the idea of seeing him again, but Ih Na could only hope that, this time around, she could finally stand her ground and say that she's had enough. 

Meanwhile, there wasn't much on Rae Won's work schedule today, which was why he had decided to visit his half sister, Yoon Eun Jin, who had a nice place at Insadong.

Bringing with him a box of fried chicken and two bottles of fresh orange juice, he called out to her from afar and smiled. 

"Noona! Naneun yeogiessda (I'm here)!" Rae Won exclaimed. 

"Ara (I see)! Dangsineun bolsuisseubnida (I can see you)!" Eun Jin replied, with a big smile plastered on her face. 

As soon as Rae Won and Eun Jin were settled in her little kitchen, the latter was the first one to break the ice. She knew that her dongsaeng was "seeing" someone now, and to say that she was curious of the woman's identity was definitely an understatement. 

"So, when am I meeting your new lady love?" Eun Jin teased as she took a bite of her fried chicken. 

"When she becomes my girlfriend. Officially." Rae Won smiled. 

"Mwo (What)? She isn't your girlfriend yet?" Eun Jin said. "Don't tell me she just came from a previous relationship and isn't ready for a new one." 

Ever since they were kids, Eun Jin was psychic like that, and Rae Won could only smile in reply. 

"Rae Won ah-"

"Noona," Rae Won said, gently interrupting his sister. "I know what you're going to say, but I'm really happy right now, and you do know that I haven't felt this way in a really long time, right? After what Yoo Mi did to me, I was shattered. I thought I'd never fall in love again, but then... I met Ih Na and everything changed. She taught me how to love unconditionally, and because of that, I'm willing to wait. I'm willing to wait up until she can love me back, up until we can finally be together." 

Eun Jin sighed. 

"Rae Won ah, I know you're old enough to make your own decisions, but I hope you can hear me out." Eun Jin began. "I haven't met Ih Na yet, but in the several occasions that you've talked to me about her, I've felt that she's a good person. It's just that... recovering from a break up is never easy and I'm pretty sure that you know that. There are days when you think that you're okay, that you've finally moved on from everything, but all it takes is that one moment that will pull you right back to the start." 

"I'm pretty sure that Ih Na still has feelings for her ex, and that she's trying her hardest to distract herself from wanting to get back together with him." Eun Jin said.
"I don't want you to be a distraction, Rae Won. I don't want to see you invest so much on her, only to be hurt again. You don't deserve it." She added, getting all teary-eyed at the memory of her younger brother's heartbreak. 

"Noona," Rae Won replied as he held his sister's hand. "Keokjongma (Don't worry). I know what I'm doing." He added. "I just... I just want to be there for Ih Na... even if she ends up not liking me the same way I like her." 

"Kureonde, wae (But, why)?" Eun Jin asked. 

"Mollayo (I don't know)." Rae Won smiled. "I guess that's just how it is when you're in love. You tend to do... inexplicable things." 

Both siblings finally shared a light moment as they laughed. 

"Everything's going to be fine, noona. Chincha (Really)."

Rae Won may have felt a little doubt as he said this, but he really did wish that everything turn out fine; that Ih Na was finally moving forward, that she was letting go of her feelings for Yong Hwa, and that after all the good that he has shown her, he wasn't going to end up as a mere distraction

Rae Won knew that this was easier said than done, but he really hoped that Ih Na could try her very best to do so... with his help.

Because if things weren't going turn out fine, Rae Won was only human and he knew that it was going to hurt. It was going to hurt a lot