Unexpectedly

Fated To Love You

"So you're Yong Hwa? Ih Na's Yong Hwa?" Rae Won asked in disbelief. 

"Did you really think that I wouldn't find out that you and Ih Na have been working together for the past few weeks?" Yong Hwa said. "We've been together for 7 years, and I still have my sources, you know." He added.

"I know that you've been working on a photospread for next month's issue. I also know that you've been roaming around Seoul, taking photos, eating at all these restaurants. And if I'm not mistaken, you guys are even getting all lovey dovey already." 

"Yong Hwa," Bom So said. "Rae Won and I didn't know that you were Ih Na's ex-boyfriend. Had we known, Rae Won wouldn't have worked on that photospread." 

"Jamkkanman (Wait a minute). Who said I wouldn't? I still would." Rae Won answered sternly.

"Yong Hwa and I aren't even close to begin with. We had only gotten acquainted because of you, Bom So." Rae Won said. "And after the behavior he displayed tonight? I don't think I'd ever want to be his friend. Excuse me." He added, getting up from his seat.

"Keokjeong maseyo (Don't worry). The feeling is mutual." Yong Hwa uttered, a sarcastic laugh escaping his lips.

Both gentlemen stared each other down before Rae Won shook his head in dismay and left without turning back. Bom So might have felt a bit torn at first, but Rae Won was way too important to him, which was why he had decided to go after him, in an attempt to have calm him down and to really have a clear grasp of the entire situation. 

"Rae Won ah!" Bom So exclaimed as he finally caught up to his best friend who was just about to cross the street. "What the heck is happening?" 

Rae Won sighed. 

"First and foremost, how are you even friends with that guy? He is so cocky." He said. "And second... you know how much I like Ih Na right? I can't just sit there and listen to him talk about her like that." 

"Araso, araso (I get it, I get it)." Bom So nodded. "I didn't know he would be that cocky as well. I'm just as surprised and disappointed as you are." He admitted. "But I can't just leave him there. It would be very disrespectful of me to do so since I'm his friend, after all." 

"Bom So ya, mianheyo (Bom So, I'm sorry)." Rae Won sincerely apologized. "I really didn't expect for things to turn out this way, but... it just did." 

"Gweanchanha, arasoyo (It's okay, I understand you)." Bom So replied. "But where are you heading now? You haven't even eaten yet." 

Rae Won gently patted his best friend's shoulder. 

"There's a convenience store near my photography studio. I'll just buy myself a decent meal from there." He said. 

"Are you sure?" Bom So asked. 

"Neh (Yes), I'll see you tomorrow, alright?"

Rae Won had been in deep thought all through out the taxi ride heading back to his studio. He couldn't believe how Yong Hwa could easily dump a woman like Ih Na. Yes, she may have seemed like such a cold-hearted person at first, but the longer you spent time with her, the more she turns into this warm, affectionate and selfless woman that any man could only dream of having in their lives. 

Yong Hwa didn't deserve Ih Na's tears. He didn't deserve her at all

As soon as Rae Won had arrived in his studio, he had completely lost his appetite and decided to just clean the clutter he had left earlier that day.

Just as he had finished throwing them all into the trash bin, the doors of his studio slid open, causing him to look to its direction and see who was his late night visitor. 

"Oppa." Yeo Ri said, greeting her mentor with a sweet smile. 

"O, Yeo Ri ah, with the new hair. You're here." Rae Won smiled back. "It's kinda late already. What brings you here?" He asked.

"Actually, I was waiting for a taxi just around the corner, but I saw you enter your studio, so I decided to make a little visit." Yeo Ri replied, putting down some of her things on the table. "I hope you don't mind." She added, shyly.

Rae Won shook his head in response and gestured for her to have a seat. 

"So did you read the mechanics of the photography contest I told you about?" He asked as he started preparing some hot barley tea for the both of them. 

"Yes, I did." Yeo Ri replied. "This year's theme focuses more on nature and," She paused, going through the contents of her bag and bringing out a faded pink flashdrive. "I took some pictures on campus this afternoon, so I could show you my "pegs" for the contest."

"Sounds great. Just turn on the pc." Rae Won answered casually, as he started pouring the tea into two mugs. 

Yeo Ri did just as Rae Won had said. She the pc, waited for a few minutes and then placed her flashdrive into the system. After a few seconds of loading, a folder named "Nature" popped out, and before Yeo Ri could even call out to Rae Won, he had already pulled a chair and sat right next to her.

Feeling his warm breath on the right side of her face, Yeo Ri's heart started beating a lot faster than usual. This was the very first time that she was given a chance to be this close to Rae Won, and to say that she was savouring every bit of this moment was definitely an understatement. 

"Your pictures have always been good to begin with, which is why there isn't much to correct." Rae Won said, as he took a sip of his tea. "But if the main theme of this year's contest is nature, you'll have to lower your ISO a bit so the colors of the trees and the flowers can really be emphasized." He added, glancing at Yeo Ri. 

Suddenly, he noticed how she was gazing at him as they sat there and he couldn't help but smile at her in wonder and amusement. 

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Rae Won asked. 

Without even thinking twice, Yeo Ri moved in for a kiss; a very soft and gentle one. She knew she was going to regret this tomorrow, but she could care less as she had been wanting to reveal her true feelings for Rae Won.

She caressed his face, despite the imminent fear of rejection, and hoped that the latter wouldn't pull away so soon. She had been dreaming of this moment, and right now, Yeo Ri felt as if she was on Cloud Nine. 

"Mianheyo (I'm sorry)." A female voice suddenly said from behind, causing Rae Won to pull away from Yeo Ri's surprise kiss. 

"Ih Na ya." Rae Won uttered, his face evidently shocked and worried.

Ih Na stood there, feeling a bit flustered, but managed to let out a tight smile. 

"Um... I'm really sorry. I just happened to pass by because I really needed someone to talk to, but..." Ih Na said, looking at Yeo Ri with sad eyes. "I should have known that you would be busy. I guess I'll just go ahead." She added, leaving Rae Won's photography studio in an instant.

Just as he was about to go after her, Rae Won felt Yeo Ri's hand on his.

"Oppa, why are you going after her?" She asked with sad eyes. 

"Because I like her, Yeo Ri. I like her a lot." Rae Won answered. "Let's just talk again tomorrow, okay?" 

Yeo Ri knew that this was bound to happen, but she didn't expect for it to hurt a lot. Just a while ago, she was on Cloud Nine, but as she watched Rae Won go after Ih Na, it was as if somebody had forcibly pushed her back to the earth, with her entire body falling hard to the ground. 

Realizing that there had been no point in sticking around, Yeo Ri grabbed her things and left. It was high time for her to heal her broken heart.