Socrates Said, It Must Have Been Love

Solarium
Please log in to read the full chapter

It is said that the universe always presents itself in the most peculiar way. Moonbyul likes to think that it was a thought that came from those who are not lucky enough to get into the better side of the coin. In short, it is silly and unheard of.

 

 

At least until now.

 

 

Is it you?

 

 

The lady focused her attention on the scattered bags of chips. "Such a waste of it." she murmured, as if that was the only point she should be making at the moment.

 

 

Why did you end the call?

 

 

Why shouldn't I talk to you?

 

 

Why are you bad news?

 

 

"Hey."

 

 

In that remark, her eyes widened as big as saucers, and Moonbyul realized with a start that she might come across as a weirdo. "Are you alright? The man didn't do anything weird to you, did he?"

 

 

"I'm fine." A forced grin marred her face for the sake of manner. "I should be the one saying sorry for causing a ruckus..."

 

 

"Tell me about it." Moonbyul just can't miss the mirth hidden in her chuckle as she shakes her head. "You were being so loud, it was getting to the point of heart attack-inducing."

 

 

At this, Moonbyul gaped. As her thoughts flash into her school memories, accepting any of them becomes a little bit difficult as time passes. Is deja vu two times in a row even possible in the first place? As the tanned lady jutted her lips, her expression became solemn as she studied the woman in front of her.

 

 

"You do look a little pale though. Just wait a bit."

 

 

The next thing she was out of sight and not long after it, handing a tiny mug with a trail of aromatic smoke wafting from it. She motioned to Moonbyul to touch it and let it go as soon as she gripped it. She can feel warmth seeping out from the surface of the mug and straight between her fingers.

 

 

"Just a little tea to calm your nerves."

 

 

Why are you such a dream?

 

 

Moonbyul must be thinking out loud because the change of expression, albeit subtle, almost turns the lady's composition into something else entirely. It took a while to come to a realization that her remark was not what caused it, instead an increased noise and hushes that made the lady jolt her head to the back, as if she's about to eavesdrop on a conversation of elves and fairies. "I'm sorry but you have to go. I have to close the window."

 

 

The biggest question bubbles in with undying anticipation, but she chooses to go with something else.

 

 

"Can I come here again some time?"

 

 

The lady raises one of her brows at the sudden question and what comes after is a reply that is dismissive.

 

 

"I'm afraid not. This window shouldn't be opened in the first place."

 

 

That same phrase again. "That's okay." The resolution was spelled at every syllable. "I'll wait."

 

 

A noncommittal suit-yourself hum came from the lady as she put her arms upwards, pulling the wooden frame tight shut before locking sound can be heard from inside the building, bringing an air of finality that is frankly quite discouraging. Moonbyul stared at the window for quite some time before deciding that she has all the time in the world. Her steps dwindled away from the alley and went to another destination in the city.

 

 

 

---

 

 

The tight-lipped window cracked open a bit and what was placed near it were several bags of undamaged chips put together in a neat row.

 

 

---

"Welcome to RBW Cafe!"

Taking a seat behind the coun

Please log in to read the full chapter