A Room With A View

Solarium
Please log in to read the full chapter

There are no words to describe the shiver running through her entire being with the mention of her name for the umpteenth time.

"Again."

"What?"

"Say my name again."

At the mention of her name, followed by remarks on not comprehending the track of mind, it sends jolts along her spine.

And along with that, a rumble in that turns into a small chuckle.

"What's so funny?"

She wouldn't believe it either if someone told her that this feels like a repeated conversation of the past. Heck, no one would believe it.

"We didn't even disclose any info about each other, but look at us," Her thumb unconsciously scratching the surface of the bandage, further disheveling the material. "Here, talking that goes like forever. " Oh no. What is she saying right now? She should have continued with the count-

"Sorry." A mumbled response echoed. "It just spurted out. You don't really have to answer..."

"It's my old man."

"Sorry?"

"I don't have any money, he happens to be in a dire need for one, I couldn't give what he wants..." She exhaled slightly, letting her shoulders slump. "And something about desecrating my mother's name came up..."

A murmur, even softer than before replying to her sentence. "Are you okay?"

"Nah, I'm fine. I guess it's just one of those days when I'm feeling under the weather. I'm usually much better than this." The surging desire to cut the awkward atmosphere was interrupted as a response came.

"There is nothing wrong with berating someone for spouting hurtful things. You only stand for yourself, Moon-shi."

Suddenly Moonbyul can feel it. The sound of the weight lifted from her chest. Must be her imagination. "What's with the sudden honorific? Not good, Miss Maria. I feel like you think of it as my real name, which is not, actually." Perhaps she's got to tell her now. "And today's my last day of night duty. Day seven, for your information."

"I see."

"Ice cold. Woah."

"What, expecting a pity party?"

The husky voice becomes lighter as she catches the returning gleam in her comeback. "You know, as clueless as I can be on how we are still using the telephone in this day and age, and  considering this pathetic quality of a call, I can only hope you're not some lonely creepy dude or something."

A snort can be heard on the other line. 

"Yeah, right. I'm a woman and no d

Please log in to read the full chapter