Sanctuary! Sanctuary!

Solarium
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was in a movie she watched before.


A hunchback, with a face so grotesque, he didn't dare to utter a sound all his life.


But the moment he raised the heroine's body high in his arms, the howl boomed through the rain, washing it with a force so inhuman, nothing can come close.


Sanctuary! Sanctuary!


How she wish she could be deaf and half-blind in that moment, getting what it's going to be like to become him. Robbed of any senses, every past... a reality that allows him to focus to a single, most significant thing in her life.


How it feels like to cradle it in her arms, any other concerns ditched to the gutter.


And everything become icy cold in an instant. There are no visuals presented, only a pitch black stretched upon her, and the waves crashing, forcing to her senses.


It comes in the form of thousand needles pricking her entire body.


The needles grow immense, gradually scattered in like a punishment so severe, it reminds her of a promise never made.


And the heat comes.


The heat comes, and dominate. The icy interior melt, unable to keep its shape anymore, helplessly vaporate to the air. Is this sanctuary?


Is this her sanctuary?


Is this their sanctuary?


--


Warmth enveloping her entire being.


The kind that makes her didn't want to wake up so quickly. It protect her in every part that she felt the coldest every single night; fingers, toes, nose, lips...


Wait.

 
Lips?


Moonbyul open her eyes almost too quickly.


Blurred lines come together, creating hues that she soon realized as tanned skin getting so close to her face.


Here she is, on the bed, tucked safely with a giant heatpack that looking from the shoulders that going up and down steadily, is breathing. The warm sensation left on her lips proved that she unintentionally kissed her neck in her sleep. Of course, no one knows how did that happen.


A small groan interrupting her track of mind.


The heatpack is now squirming, waking up becoming so strenuous as it turn her face so quickly, the distance between their faces making Moonbyul flinched.


"You're awake?"


That's it. Another silence hung in the air, as if the girl expects her to fill in the blanks.


"I'm sorry." blurted Moonbyul without thinking. "I swear I was sitting there last night, there is no ulterior motive of any kind involved, though I was not there to watch you sleep, that will be so creepy-" She lost her words now, and it's high school all over again.

Please log in to read the full chapter