Two Together Are Always Going Somewhere

Solarium
Please log in to read the full chapter

Her mind awakens to the raindrops pounding relentlessly on the rooftop. Consciousness comes and goes in bouts of spectrum, as warmth envelops her entirely.

 

Her eyes met directly with another set of eyes. It took a while to find herself in a thick blanket, covered protectively inside a running cab. It was certainly a pair of eyes holding a well of uncertainties.

 

"Sleep."

 

Any attempt to make out words comes out as parched hisses. Highly intoxicated, Hyejin leans upwards so close to their faces, meeting just a mere inch against one another, and sudden nervousness creeps into Moonbyul, holding herself together lest she might pull another stunt like the last time she got high like kites.

 

"So red..."

 

"Yeah, still a little swollen..." The girl admits sheepishly, reaching out to pull the hat to hide herself from view before a soft voice interrupts.

 

"Don't."

 

Hyejin leans even upward, pressing her lips to the corner of Moonbyul's eyes and tracing along the inflamed region, and Moonbyul feels even hotter at every second.

 

"Please don't get hurt."

 

Shutting her eyes slowly, her lashes fluttered before she fell into another bout of unconsciousness, nudging her head on Moonbyul's shoulder, effectively burrowing into her neck like a rabbit napping in its deep, warm hole beneath the ground.

 

Fighting back warmth that started seeping into her eyes, Moonbyul settled the uneven creases along the blanket, wrapping the girl even tighter in a burrito wrap. It is the exact same feeling akin to the hottest comforter, and as she adjusts Hyejin to a more comfortable position on her lap, observing and sometimes wiping the beads of sweat painting Hyejin's features, the rain keeps pouring.

 

Still in Moonbyul's arms, the girl moved much closer, impatiently slipping into any crevices she could reach with her fingers and toes, and Moonbyul gave in to the contact she longed for, allowing her to reach into the coldness she possessed as second nature.

 

And suddenly, as the cab was driving onto the highway, Moonbyul did not want to let go. 

 

--

 

Carrying the girl bridal-style, Moonbyul steps along the stairs and enters the house that always stays the same since the day of their first meeting.

 

Putting Hyejin softly, head first onto

Please log in to read the full chapter