Träume sind Schäume

Solarium
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was as if her brain had turned into mush.

 

Tossing and turning, she found herself taken to safety in her room, tucked neatly underneath a wool blanket that smelled so familiar. Through fuzziness her mind was drawn to a single question.

 

Why is she here instead of the hotel?

 

A snore, albeit so softly it can still be heard not far from where she laid. Her eyes, taking no time to adjust to the well-known darkness, came to a minor jump upon finding out the existence of another person in the room. The hamster-like features that can be made from remnants of light that spill through the walls give no room for doubt.

 

Somehow, she always finds herself in these far-fetched circumstances with this hamster.

 

Left with no explanation for what the hell was going on, riddles ran through her head as she owed herself an attempt to wake up before her joints groaned in protest, snapping and leaving her slumped in bed.

 

The pill must have taken its sweet time for the effect.

 

She won’t be up comfortably anytime soon, so Hyejin takes the opportunity to observe Moonbyul from afar.

 

It seems that the other girl has been equipped with this mission to keep guard beside her, sitting herself and drowning in the most uncomfortable position. Hyejin didn’t really get the idea behind sleeping without taking her jacket or hat off. Even the sneakers. Is it possible that Kyung asked for something else besides transporting her to this place?

 

Or if the girl is just accustomed to sleeping in this manner.

 

Another thought of leaving the girl in its peaceful slumber had just been thrown out of the window when the said girl took an abrupt stand, standing on her own two feet with a thud.

 

“B-Byulyi?” Hyejin tried hiding a shock in her voice to no avail. “What’s wrong?”

 

But her question was met with an eerie silence as the girl, in such an unexpected course of action, took a sharp turn and started her strides ever so slowly. Panic surging inside Hyejin, her mind screams all kinds of alternatives, in which all of them sound close to real bad. As she leaned awkwardly to the side of her bed, her fingers fumbled frantically before they came into contact with the coldness of metal. She fished out a metallic crutch and after fixing her armpit on its cushion-y surface, caught up to Moonbyul who by that time was already making her way across half of the place.

Please log in to read the full chapter