Is There an Absolution?

Solarium
Please log in to read the full chapter

Seoul Ritz-Carlton, on the top of the building.

 

Overviewing is the view of city lights so majestic; it is wilfully ignorant to a man who is about to fall to his death.

 

He is the vital part of his own group, yet he was in ball and chains. With his hand grabbed to the side, another twist fished out an agonizing scream, and the clear view of the city shoved to his nose only prolong the sickness.

 

Behind the whole fiasco, Kyung tinkering the Candy Crush mindlessly.

 

“ ‘The Yellow Flower can only be satisfied once she find her ’ .” He recited. “That is what you keep blabbering to your group last week.”

 

“I am so sorry!” The man shrieked.

 

“Come on. No need for half-hearted apologies.” His teeth peeked out with a wide smile without tearing his attention from the game. “Just who is this ‘’ you keep ranting about?”

 

At the total silence from the man, Kyung snap his fingers. Another jerking move to the front induced another howling as the man pray fervently for his life.

 

“That is just something I heard! I swear! I know nothing about it.” He shook his head, tears and snot dripping from his chin. Kyung jutted his lips at the popping fruits on the screen. “Everyone knows it already!”

 

Fruits and marbles exploded as Kyung lock his tablet and return to the scene with a sigh. “Let’s say I do believe you, you still commit two grave sins.”

 

Scooting with disgust at the snot on his face, Kyung present a side grin before snatching his finger and twirls it to an inhumane position. This time the cry turn into sobbing. Kyung cannot help the satisfying smile at the popping sound of broken bone.

 

“Never call noonim ‘Yellow Flower’ ever again…” His tone progressively lower and deeper. “And this ‘’ you keep telling—”

 

He raise his hand and shove it to the man’s back, causing him to lost his footing and fall off the ledge with terror.

 

Without so much as a second look, Kyung wipe his hands with the handkerchief and signal to his goons. As they open the emergency door, they strut inside the lift of the hotel.

 

‘Fur Elise’ played automatically along with the whirring as the elevator progress downwards. Another ping sound signifies the opened door. The two men clear the way for Kyung before followed suit. Their leather shoes tap along the hotel hall, passing doors of presidential suit rooms one by one.

 

He pushed the key card to open the door to the farthest side, showing a room that stretches wide. It was another set of walking until they get to the biggest part of the room.

 

A set of books neatly shelved, along with a huge ebony work desk and a chair faced to the window.

 

“We have done our investigation.” At the lack of answer from the chair, Kyung continued. “It was a false information. Although, because of his ignorance, the man had to be punished.”

 

The chair swivel to the front, revealing a woman with skin so tanned, black hair flowing with silver streaks, drabbed in pastel overflowing dress. Her eyes slanted suspiciously before she questioned knowingly. “Did you just push him off the building?”

 

“That man called you with that past name… Don’t worry, it didn’t get too high. He ‘ll live.”

 

With broken bones and close to death, that’s for sure.

 

She is about to argue before Kyung interrupt. “And he call Moon-nim a ‘’. There is no going back from that.”

 

It is a name that put another trigger into her. A name that pull her back to where it all started. “Just…” She pinched the bridge of her nose. “Do not do that again. There is no point in another life ruined.”

 

“Noted, noonim.” Kyung hands out the tablet and put it onto the desk. “There is a call from Miss Kim before. She asked whether you are available to contact her.”

 

“Thank you, Kyung. You may go now.”

 

As soon as the three men getting out of the room, it was replaced with silence. She swiped right and tapping, showing a stern face of a woman in an international call.

 

“Yongsun-nie.”

 

“How is it going,” The face murmur slowly. “Hyejin?”

 

Hyejin smiled bitterly.

 

“It is not about her. Moreover…” Hyejin sighed into the view of the city stretched from her balcony as she was reminded of the glint in Kyung’s eyes earlier. “The boys had become even more merciless and nonchalant these days. They are more than capable to hurt unnecessarily.”

 

“It’s been three years, Hyejin-ah.” Yongsun seems to not knowing how else to put it. “We all know you took reins on The Organization that day only to find her.”

 

Hyejin can feel her jaw clenched. On that fated day in Japan, it didn’t take long for her to recognize Yongsun, the same child inhabit the orphanage before. The woman, with the other one named Wheein, tracked them all the way to Japan, only to find that it was all too late to intervene.

 

Only that vile man’s corpse can be spotted near the river a day after. Hyejin can never stop cursing herself for losing consciousness in the hospital for a week.

 

 

Moonbyul was nowhere to be found near the scene. It was like the woman just vanished into thin air.

 

And the rest is history. The history of relentless searching and finding what has been lost.

 

She will do anything. Even if it includes taking over The Organization and dirtied the hands of loyal ones. And the time is running out. The boys started to engulf themselves in this life Hyejin wish they knew nothing about.

 

“I know, unnie.” She fall into a muted silence before continuing her words. “The boys will have to clean themselves out of this mess as soon as possible, and I have to see this through by myself.”

 

“You are not alone in this.” Yongsun reiterates. It is not hard to read what is on Hyejin’s mind. “Byul is my friend, too. Do not push yourself. What happened is not your fault.”

 

It is. All of it. She foolishly thought she was enough to clear up the mess she created.

 

“I will talk to you later, unnie.”

 

The tone signifies the end of discussion. The older woman respect her need to be left alone as the call was disconnected.

 

Her gaze casted all around the suite. Under her supervising, The Organization regain its glory and flourish. It is not difficult to gain control if you happen to know everyone’s dirty little secret during her time as ‘Yellow Flower’.

 

The chandelier, two-storied suite, all the bling and the privilege she got as the ringleader suddenly went vapid and pointless, when someone stands in the way of it, her existence etched and burns.

 

Hyejin reach out to the tablet and hold on to the call button.

 

“Could you come here, Kyung? I need a minute.”

 

It didn’t take long until he presents himself into the room, slightly bowing before regarded her with relaxed, curious disposition.

 

“I will dismiss The Organization, Kyung.” She dropped the bomb without any hesitation. “Everyone will get their share accordingly, as I will make sure you can land your desired job after this…”

 

A speck of displeasure coloured his face. He hold back a scowl. “Noonim, you know that is not the point. We are all here because we have to find Moon-nim. And we don’t mind. We owe her so much.” He weight his words before deciding to blurt it out.

Please log in to read the full chapter