Beware of The Dragon

Solarium
Please log in to read the full chapter

“This is an outrage! How dare you accuse me like this!”

 

Mishaps sometimes would always find its sweet way to stumble into the worst circumstances, like right now, it would choose the time when the store is at the height of its visitors, leaving Yongsun scrutinized under stares that fall between curious or accusing, all for only doing her job.

 

“I am terribly sorry sir, but perhaps if you’ll allow me to check your trench coat, just for a moment---”

 

A slap can be heard across the counter as the man slaps her palm that gets halfway reaching forward. As if that wasn't enough, a condescending sniff followed.

 

“I don’t need a measly worker to tell me what to do! I need to speak to your manager!”

 

And time stands still.

 

 

--

 

 

She fought all those thugs from other schools!

 

They were about to torture a stray cat, is she supposed to look the other way?

 

Look at her, chatting and hanging with boys all the time. The poor girl simply can’t keep it in her pants, isn’t she?

 

They happen to know a lot about homework and are willing to share any information regarding the assignment for the day…

 

It’s all fine and dandy at the beginning, but misunderstanding, be it one or two, keep falling altogether as she finds her desk scratched and placed outside the class, piles of trash spilling out every time she opened her locker… It keeps escalating to the point of her feeling like a numerous stack of dominoes falling apart at the flick of a finger is her life.

 

The fact the she always put on that stern expression on default didn’t help much in her case either.

 

It boils down to a single moment when she was suspended indefinitely from school and transferred away the same year.

 

 

--

 

 

The man’s insistence of causing unnecessary commotion falls on deaf ears and gradually blurring into white noises.

 

Such a wuss.

 

This is no big deal. She has all the evidence anyway, Byul letting him go that one time might have been a mistake after all.

 

I am sorry ma’am, but this Yongsun that I know has always been the girl with a fiery temper…

 

Yes… don’t come closer unless you are that eager to get burned into ashes…

 

“I saw you, mister!”

 

A soft voice dripping with confidence as the owner stepped into the picture, her arms full with cups of instant ramen and canned sardines.

 

“I stood beside you all the time, and I must say that you were behaving very strangely.” Her index finger pointed right to the man’s nose that has become increasingly agitated. “Take off that coat, you will find all kinds of chips and shaving equipment in it!”

 

Amid the blatant accusation the man’s features become dark, it's a little unnerving that Yongsun positioned herself between them, shielding the unexpected witness as her hand balled into a fist and nails digging skin deep.

 

With a snort, he deliberately takes out exactly the things mentioned before out of his coat, grumbling all the way with the decency of placing it exactly on each rack where it belongs and slithering away from the scene.

 

The spectators soon reverted back to passivity once more, paying more attention to what they were going to have for dinner tonight as Yongsun turned over, fixing her hands on each side of the hip before sighing.

 

“Now what brings you here?”

 

Wheein smirks.

 

 

--

 

“And that man kept sliding all the chips inside his coat with the fastest sleigh of hands!” Wheein exclaimed animatedly, biting on the chocolate that Yongsun gave her as a treat. “That man is such a pro, unnie! Pro at being such a jerk, of course.”

 

“Thank you

Please log in to read the full chapter