Intro: Nobody Else

Solarium
Please log in to read the full chapter

No one’s gonna help you
Nobody else

 

 

The blaring lights created spectrums of colours in one of the busiest nightclubs in the city, and its signature dim exterior gave the illuminous effect of wider space. Right on the dance floor everyone moving their whole body as if they were in a trance, losing themselves away from one life, even just for a little while.

 

Right on top of the segmented crowd, an isolated cube was placed and hung safely by sturdy wiring. Nothing can be seen from the outside and no one dares to look as far as it is guarded by a number of guards and bouncers scampering around the premises.

 

Whimpers and whines can be heard, albeit so slightly one might have to stick their ears to the wall in order to catch anything that resembles a whine. A line of raised arms was still getting so firm above their heads before the pair became increasingly slumped and a slap could be heard across the room.



“YEOWWW!!”

 

Trying hard not to look at his hands that are positively reddened at this point, one of the burly men swallows a sob, followed by gulps coming from his colleagues who are witnessing the whole ordeal, still in a kneeling position.

 

The air was torn apart with a deafening silence before somebody could take it anymore.

 

“Noonim, please!” whimpered the other man. “How long do we have to kneel? It has been 3 hours!”

 

“I can’t feel my kneecaps! It’s gone!”

 

“Aaaah these pins and needles!”

 

A soft whirling sound reverberating through the floor as a wheelchair slowly comes into the light. The short, raven hair was garbed in a black dress that flowed down across the wheelchair that didn’t lessened her ferocity one bit. Her eyes, painting a slick line, shot out a glare.

 

And suddenly, they all feel so little.

 

“What did you say?”

 

“Th-that was an emergency!” His voice that started out so heroic became weak and stammered as his friends nodded desperately. “You were already unconscious when we found you, and that gal must have stumbled upon that place by some weird, cosmic coincidence-“

 

“And you’re pulling a civilian into this.” Hyejin gave her a look. “You should have just left me there. They won’t do anything rash anyway-“

 

“Noonim!” Kyunng and his colleagues were practically crying, their faces turning aghast. “What in the blast are you talking about?! That man has been blowing buildings just to get his hands on you! The raid that night should tell you everything that a vile man can do! Yamatoya is the sole reason this mess is happening in the first place!”

 

In an instant Hyejin was reminded of her first meeting with the son of Yamatoya. It was a memory evoking a sigh. “I met him before, Kyung. Trust me, he’s just all that. I know better.”

 

At that, the mood in the room became dampened, a change that caught Hyejin off guard. “Wha-what is it?”

 

“Noonim, don’t say that! How can we live with ourselves if something were to happen to you! Imagining you in the clutch of that ert… Ugh, it means we have failed!”

 

“You have failed when you toss my unconscious body to that woman!” She hissed. “Seriously, things could have been worse. You don’t even know her.”

 

The statement incites a confused look from everyone.

 

“But you know her, noonim! At least it seems like it to us! Right?” The subordinates hum their agreement much to her dismay. Since when did they already notice Byulyi? Even thinking about it racking her brain to no end. “You don’t even shoo her away? Some guards you guys are!”

 

“We were about to, of course, until we saw how much you enjoyed her company.” Kyung continued.

 

Hyejin came into a pause.

 

Really, if that girl didn’t looked so exhausted every time she came to the window, she could have just shoo her away from the very beginning and all of this wouldn’t have happened.

 

In short, this is just her being too weak.

 

“And that will never happen again. After that stupid stunt I never knew you guys were capable of doing,” The edge in her voice didn’t give any room for argument. “I can just replace all of you with other bodyguards at this point. There is no need for guards that always went against

Please log in to read the full chapter