Eight

Thirty Seconds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why wouldn't I support you two? Why would I get scared of you and Chaeng dating?!"

 

 

Those words rang through the walls of Mina's mind. She is currently sitting behind the bushes by the school's gate. Facing back, away from the scene. She saw Momo glued to her place too, eyes closed, shoulders heaving up and down. Up and down. Still stuck. She wondered about what Momo feels right now. She wonders what it is sheis feeling. She can't point it out yet... because she's certain she haven't felt this before. Never.

She remained still for a few more moments before Momo tugged her arm, she looks back at her, and with their stares they said the same thing. 

 

Let's get the out of here.

 

...

 

Dim are the lights inside her room. Like the glim in her eyes as they walked in not too long ago.

Sweating madly, bodies synced in waves. Breathing frantically as they move closer and closer to their end. Mina's body is trembling, and Momo went for the final hit.

 

It was done.

 

Their exhausted figures lay down side by side, and nothingness prevailed inside a room for two. Mina closed her eyes again.

 

"Control. That's how we, the Myoui, rule."

 

Was there even a competition?

 

Mina felt hands traveling across the glistening skin of her arm. Nails gently grazing on top. She opened her eyes to see Momo, eyes anticipating, and that lopsided smile visible again.

"Round 2?"

Mina is just tired. If she can just be transported back to her room in a stretcher, she'll take that.

"I'm spent, 'Mo. I just wanna sleep.", she finally answered. Momo gets up, grabbing a towel waiting. Mina is still Mina.

"C'mon. I know you missed this. We used to do this a lot before, right?". Offer number two, Mina hummed. Yeah, they sure did.

 

And she shouldn't even be thinking about things that doesn't concern her, but here she is. Goddamn...

 

"Come on, one more song Minari! We have to move! We have to destress!", Momo reasoned out.

Mina feel steps going farther away from her, she closed her eyes again.


What is going on? What is going on inside her brain?

 

What is happening to me?

 

Is it her ego? She's certain that those moments were real. They were, were they? She felt everything stop. She heard steps, her steps. They weren't as hefty as Momo's. But just as sure. She felt her gaze, her touch, her words. And what is there to doubt? What is there to misunderstood?

 

Did I just really got it wrong?

 

"I haven't even got to give her a proper compliment.", she added. Mina jolts up after hearing that. This isn't about her, she should help Momo. She doesn't even need to be bothered. Of course people can date. What's the problem?

"But I guess it's better this way right? I mean, with her bestfriend... at least she didn't end up with some random dude who'll make her his trophy girl.", Momo slumped back to the floor again. Mina grabbed a bottle of water.

"Hey now... you're not so bad yourself, Momoring.", Mina answered while patting Momo's back.

"Wished she saw that.", Momo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter